Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
mrs.ariel
Mouseketeer

ready to book our first cruise!!

I finally convinced my DH and got the ok to book! We are booking at Sept 2014 on the Fantasy to Western Carribean. We have cruised on Royal Caribbean and Princess, I am so excited to experience a Disney cruise!!

We are booking category 5C, room 7054-7058, and 2 friends and my parents will be coming, too!
We have a lot of time to book flights, transfers and the hotel for the night before the cruise...I will be on these boards reading all this great info from now until then!
Any tips or suggestions for first-time Disney cruisers? And sugg for our friends have never cruised at all before?!

My kids are SO excited, too!!!!

mrs.ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
beach baby
Mouseketeer

How exciting for you! You're in for a real treat!

First thing to remember is that you will not be able to do everything. There is so much!! So don't stretch yourself thin by trying to. You'll just get all frazzled.

Second, book another cruise before you leave. Dropping the card off at the future bookings desk saves you time because they do all the work without you sitting there. Booking a dummy cruise is the easiest way to take advantage of the special offer to book onboard with very little money. Trust me when I say, you will be very sad after you get home if you don't. Naming a travel agent such as Dreams Unlimited when you book onboard will net you more OBC.

Third, skip the port shopping seminar. You can watch it on your stateroom tv.
I did it on my first cruise, didn't win anything, and then found out you can go to their desk and get all the coupons without sitting through the seminar.

Reading through this board was invaluable to me while I was planning my first cruise. These people are wonderful, smart, and helpful!

My favorite thing to do on Castaway Cay is ride bikes. They don't care how long you keep the bikes.. We get ours at the beginning of the day and return them at the end.

Hope this helps!

Oh......and bring some elastic waist shorts, preferably one size up! because by day seven, on demand all you can eat ice cream starts to show itself!!!
beach baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: