Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #286
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love it! Sorry I wasn't around to acknowledge. This was a crazy weekend. How did you survive your teens dating?
Uh oh, this doesn't sound fun.

Quote:

You're at WDW? I'm so envious. Have a great trip. Can't wait to read all about it. How's the weather? Crowds?
This was one of my long weekend trips, heading home today. It has been just perfect. The plan was to enjoy the waterparks and that's exactly what we did. It has been HOT, but perfect for the water. We went to HS yesterday morning and the heat was unbearable, as well as the crowds, but it's Star Wars weekend so that's to be expected. Went to MK the first night and walked on The Little Mermaid and Dumbo, watched the fireworks, had dinner at Cosmic Rays and left. No rushing, just relaxing this trip, it's been perfect. Oh, and I added on to the Grand Floridian, I'm so excited!

Quote:
230 days!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #287
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Uh oh, this doesn't sound fun.

Its far from fun. Is not serious by any means but watching your child get even a little broken heart is no bueno.

Quote:
This was one of my long weekend trips, heading home today. It has been just perfect. The plan was to enjoy the waterparks and that's exactly what we did. It has been HOT, but perfect for the water. We went to HS yesterday morning and the heat was unbearable, as well as the crowds, but it's Star Wars weekend so that's to be expected. Went to MK the first night and walked on The Little Mermaid and Dumbo, watched the fireworks, had dinner at Cosmic Rays and left. No rushing, just relaxing this trip, it's been perfect. Oh, and I added on to the Grand Floridian, I'm so excited!

You added on at the GF! I need way more details than that! I'm so excited for you!

Glad you had a relaxing and. Wonderful time in WDW. Are you doing a report?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #288
Pinkocto

Quote:
Its far from fun. Is not serious by any means but watching your child get even a little broken heart is no bueno.
Oh, I'm sorry. Even if not that serious it can feel serious when you're in the middle of it. I hope the heart is mended quickly.

Quote:

You added on at the GF! I need way more details than that! I'm so excited for you!

I want to shout it from the rooftops I'm so excited! I decided to only add 50 so I can go every third year at Christmas. I have plenty of other points, but ever since reading that they were building I wanted to have some. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous! They had a studio and 1BR in the preview center. The studios will sleep 5 and have 2 showers. Ive already changed my December reservation from AKV to VGF.

Quote:
Glad you had a relaxing and. Wonderful time in WDW. Are you doing a report?
Thank you it was a perfect getaway. Not sure about a TR since I'm so behind on the current one. I would love to share it though since it was such a great trip.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 06-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #289
rentayenta

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. Even if not that serious it can feel serious when you're in the middle of it. I hope the heart is mended quickly.

Lets just say you couldn't pay me to be the ages of 14-19 ever again.

Quote:
I want to shout it from the rooftops I'm so excited! I decided to only add 50 so I can go every third year at Christmas. I have plenty of other points, but ever since reading that they were building I wanted to have some. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous! They had a studio and 1BR in the preview center. The studios will sleep 5 and have 2 showers. Ive already changed my December reservation from AKV to VGF.

I don't blame you, shout it girl!!! That's so exciting. And what a great plan. The Studios sleep 5? Wow! That's a huge Studio. You changed from AKV to VGF? I can't wait to read all about that trip. I hear the GF is just gorgeous during the holidays. Congrats and I am so happy for you.

Quote:
Thank you it was a perfect getaway. Not sure about a TR since I'm so behind on the current one. I would love to share it though since it was such a great trip.

I'd love to read about it even if you post some highlights in your report. I'm behind too so I know how it feels. I finally wrapped up my Disneyland report.

228 days!!!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #290
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love it! Sorry I wasn't around to acknowledge. This was a crazy weekend. How did you survive your teens dating?

Dating, driving, staying out past curfew, not completing homework assignments. Cynthia wonders why I sleep with my phone always on and sometimes under my pillow.

227.......OOPS....Just kidding.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #291
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Dating, driving, staying out past curfew, not completing homework assignments. Cynthia wonders why I sleep with my phone always on and sometimes under my pillow.

227.......OOPS....Just kidding.

I thought maybe I missed a day!

Seriously girl, all of the above that you mentioned especially the dating is giving my serious chest pains. I sleep with mine under my pillow too. So far, curfew hasn't been an issue but this whole dating thing is just crazy. I don't know how to curb my mother bear instinct. I can see right through this little twerp.

Are you packed and ready to goooooo?

Old 06-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #292
Pinkocto

Quote:
Lets just say you couldn't pay me to be the ages of 14-19 ever again.
I agree completely!

Quote:
I don't blame you, shout it girl!!! That's so exciting. And what a great plan. The Studios sleep 5? Wow! That's a huge Studio. You changed from AKV to VGF? I can't wait to read all about that trip. I hear the GF is just gorgeous during the holidays. Congrats and I am so happy for you.
Thank you so much! the studio is pretty big, they removed an unnecessary closet I think, and just made better use of the space. They put in a Murphy bed under the tv which makes it fit 5. Have you not seen the GF during the holidays? You must! We think it is the most beautifully done resort. We have always wanted to stay there but couldn't because of the cost. I am over the moon I was able to get a little piece of it

Quote:

I'd love to read about it even if you post some highlights in your report. I'm behind too so I know how it feels. I finally wrapped up my Disneyland report.
I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or just add it to my current one. I'll think about what's best. I wanted to read one of your other TRs but couldn't see them on the phone. I just love your sense of humor!

Quote:

228 days!!!

Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #293
rentayenta

Quote:
I agree completely!

She's at the movies with said boy tonight.

Quote:
Thank you so much! the studio is pretty big, they removed an unnecessary closet I think, and just made better use of the space. They put in a Murphy bed under the tv which makes it fit 5. Have you not seen the GF during the holidays? You must! We think it is the most beautifully done resort. We have always wanted to stay there but couldn't because of the cost. I am over the moon I was able to get a little piece of it

I haven't seen the GF except on photos. We've only been to WDW 3x. Once in Sept 2007, May 2009 (thats the trip we bought DVC), and then October 2012. I don't think we'll get back as a family before 2016 unless we do a cruise/WDW split for Gab's graduation.

I cannot wait to read about your VGF adventures. I'm elated for you. Is your mom excited to stay there?

Quote:
I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or just add it to my current one. I'll think about what's best. I wanted to read one of your other TRs but couldn't see them on the phone. I just love your sense of humor!

If you add it, I'll read it.

I'm still debating on adding a DVC stay to our cruise. I was given the idea of Vero Beach which is about an hour closer to Miami than Orlando. I'm thinking we could fly into Miami, cruise, rent a car, drive to Vero, spend two nights there, and then fly out of MCO for Fort Lauderdale. I wish SW would release their flights past Jan 4.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #294
Pinkocto

Quote:
She's at the movies with said boy tonight.
He caused some heartbreak and he's still in the picture? I hope she's alright.

Quote:
I haven't seen the GF except on photos. We've only been to WDW 3x. Once in Sept 2007, May 2009 (thats the trip we bought DVC), and then October 2012. I don't think we'll get back as a family before 2016 unless we do a cruise/WDW split for Gab's graduation.

2016? Say it isn't so! I hope there will be some DL trips though.

Some people don't like the look of the GF, think its too stuffy, but we love that style.

Quote:
I cannot wait to read about your VGF adventures. I'm elated for you. Is your mom excited to stay there?

Thank you thank you thank you!!! You know I'm going to take tons of pictures I actually bought them for mom as much as myself. She LOVES the GF at Christmas. She's so excited. I changed this Decembers reservation from AKV because she asked me to. I did have CL and that was hard to give up.

Quote:

If you add it, I'll read it.

That's all the encouragement I need! I have to start uploading photos

Quote:

I'm still debating on adding a DVC stay to our cruise. I was given the idea of Vero Beach which is about an hour closer to Miami than Orlando. I'm thinking we could fly into Miami, cruise, rent a car, drive to Vero, spend two nights there, and then fly out of MCO for Fort Lauderdale. I wish SW would release their flights past Jan 4.
That sounds like a great plan. I have only heard good things about Vero Beach. I haven't decided whether to add a stay or just fly home after the cruise. I took the time off but haven't thought of logistics yet.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #295
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Seriously girl, all of the above that you mentioned especially the dating is giving my serious chest pains. I sleep with mine under my pillow too. So far, curfew hasn't been an issue but this whole dating thing is just crazy. I don't know how to curb my mother bear instinct. I can see right through this little twerp.
And for this reason I am glad I don't have girls. That's got to be hard to see your gals go out with boys you really don't trust. I would hate that!

Quote:

Are you packed and ready to goooooo?
I have been packed, but Denny will probably be packing Saturday morning.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #296
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Oh, and I added on to the Grand Floridian, I'm so excited!

you and Cara! How exciting. Jeff is SOOOO not interested it's mildly annoying. very exciting, they look gorgeous and the studio actually looks like it could be one for more than 2 people without feeling claustrophobic. I definitely hope to stay there someday.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #297
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

you and Cara! How exciting. Jeff is SOOOO not interested it's mildly annoying. very exciting, they look gorgeous and the studio actually looks like it could be one for more than 2 people without feeling claustrophobic. I definitely hope to stay there someday.
Thanks Cynthia! I'm so excited!!! That Jeff they are so gorgeous and feel BIG! I love that there are two showers. Still only one toilet but two showers will be great. I really didn't need any more points but I wanted that 11 month window for Christmas.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #298
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Guess what??? We're joining you ! Yesterday we nailed it down and we are doing our BFFs birthday trip onboard the Wonder on January 19, 2014! Six of us! Looking forward to joining the excitement!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #299
rentayenta

Quote:
He caused some heartbreak and he's still in the picture? I hope she's alright.

She's good, it isn't all that serious but just watching her make mistakes, even small ones, is difficult. Said fella is joining us on the boat Sunday. Should be interesting.

Quote:
2016? Say it isn't so! I hope there will be some DL trips though.

Disneyland is always on the back burner as it's so close. I should have taken Michael up on his AP offer the night of Club 33. I didn't. I'm ashamed. I have no idea why I didn't other than they are so dang spendy and I didn't think I'd think we'd go back until December. If we had APs, we could drive out in July.

Quote:
Some people don't like the look of the GF, think its too stuffy, but we love that style.
I wasn't interested in staying there until they built DVC. Five in a standard room for anymore than a night or two is not optimum but now it's another ball game.

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you!!! You know I'm going to take tons of pictures I actually bought them for mom as much as myself. She LOVES the GF at Christmas. She's so excited. I changed this Decembers reservation from AKV because she asked me to. I did have CL and that was hard to give up.

I think you'll be happy with your choice. I haven't stayed CL and the photos are so cool but the VGF are brand new and you'll be happy you stayed. You can always do CL another time.

Quote:
That's all the encouragement I need! I have to start uploading photos

Awesome! I'll pop over and catch up.

Quote:
That sounds like a great plan. I have only heard good things about Vero Beach. I haven't decided whether to add a stay or just fly home after the cruise. I took the time off but haven't thought of logistics yet.

Smart of you to take the time off now. I haven't taken the extra time off yet but need to. Would you go to WDW or tour around Miami? I though Orlando was like 5 hours away but I'm reading between 3.5-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
And for this reason I am glad I don't have girls. That's got to be hard to see your gals go out with boys you really don't trust. I would hate that!

When he came to pick her up the other night, the paper was on our front porch and he did not pick it up. That tells me a lot.

Quote:
I have been packed, but Denny will probably be packing Saturday morning.

Happy traveling tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Michael actually likes the look of them which surprised me. If daddy is Disney happy then we're all Disney happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Guess what??? We're joining you ! Yesterday we nailed it down and we are doing our BFFs birthday trip onboard the Wonder on January 19, 2014! Six of us! Looking forward to joining the excitement!
That's terrific! We have a thread started in the Disney Cruise meet section. Come on over.

225 days!!!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #300
Pinkocto

Quote:
She's good, it isn't all that serious but just watching her make mistakes, even small ones, is difficult. Said fella is joining us on the boat Sunday. Should be interesting.
Oh my, I hope tomorrow goes well.

Quote:

Disneyland is always on the back burner as it's so close. I should have taken Michael up on his AP offer the night of Club 33. I didn't. I'm ashamed. I have no idea why I didn't other than they are so dang spendy and I didn't think I'd think we'd go back until December. If we had APs, we could drive out in July.
Did the price go up already? Could you still get them or did he rethink his offer?

Quote:

I think you'll be happy with your choice. I haven't stayed CL and the photos are so cool but the VGF are brand new and you'll be happy you stayed. You can always do CL another time.
That's very true. It will only have been open for a month and a half so that will be pretty cool.

Quote:
Smart of you to take the time off now. I haven't taken the extra time off yet but need to. Would you go to WDW or tour around Miami? I though Orlando was like 5 hours away but I'm reading between 3.5-4.
I figured better to ask and not need it than regret not asking later and it not be available. I haven't quite decided, not sure what Miami has to offer. I need to ask mom if she even wants to extend the trip. I just put it in Mapquest, looks like Miami to Orlando is 3 hours 45 minutes. That's not bad at all. And then saw the Everglades Ntl Park is really close, I've always wanted to see those. And Key West isn't far either. Now I have some ideas, thanks!

Quote:

When he came to pick her up the other night, the paper was on our front porch and he did not pick it up. That tells me a lot.
Very true. Hmmm.

Quote:

225 days!!!
224 Days!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: