Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #31
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post

And stupid beds!! Have a great trip.
Lol, too funny!
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Do you happen to know when this fall? I'm going in Oct (end of) and now I'm concerned..I would not stay at the Poly if the pool was closed. Its very important to our family to have a great pool!
I wish I did, hate to make you upset for no reason. The bartender at the poly said this to a guest so take that for what it is worth ...., just info to ask about in case...hope you have a wonderful trip! The poly is great

Jennygt is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #33
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck View Post
I just find it very stupid to pay that much PER NIGHT for a bed to sleep in.
I don't think that the question was about the price of the resort....more about construction updates.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #34
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
I can't stand all this "worth" stuff. Today I was talking Disney with a few friends/acquaintances and I was asked where we were staying. When I said the Polynesian one guy was like " well la de dah...wow" he kept going on as if I was some sort of snob or something. Dh and I work very hard and if we choose to spend our money at Disney/Poly than who cares. With 3 dd's it can't be beat...monorail to 2 parks, wishes on the beach, dole whips lol! People will judge you no matter where you stay, to each his own. Worth is different to everyone. 75 days until am there
I agree with you. We stay and pay for the Poly when we can because for us the resort is the vacation. The Poly is amazingly magical!
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #35
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
I can't stand all this "worth" stuff. Today I was talking Disney with a few friends/acquaintances and I was asked where we were staying. When I said the Polynesian one guy was like " well la de dah...wow" he kept going on as if I was some sort of snob or something. Dh and I work very hard and if we choose to spend our money at Disney/Poly than who cares. With 3 dd's it can't be beat...monorail to 2 parks, wishes on the beach, dole whips lol! People will judge you no matter where you stay, to each his own. Worth is different to everyone. 75 days until am there
I agree!!! we stayed there two nights this year and it wasnt enough so we are staying there again next year the whole time! Cant wait! I can already hear my mom's comments coming.

We have three DDs as well so glad to hear they like it there too!! how old are they?
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #36
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap

I agree!!! we stayed there two nights this year and it wasnt enough so we are staying there again next year the whole time! Cant wait! I can already hear my mom's comments coming.

We have three DDs as well so glad to hear they like it there too!! how old are they?
My DDs are 7, 8 & 9!!! How bout yours?
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #37
princessap
DIS Veteran

They are almost one, 4 and 5! They loved the poly and seeing the castle from the pool was probably my oldest Dd's highlight! Can't wait o spend a whole week there!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #38
donalduck
DIS Veteran

so what's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post

I don't think that the question was about the price of the resort....more about construction updates.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #39
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck View Post
so what's your point?
My point was that the thread got a little off topic from original question, which does happen on long threads. Anyone have some construction updates?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #40
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
They are almost one, 4 and 5! They loved the poly and seeing the castle from the pool was probably my oldest Dd's highlight! Can't wait o spend a whole week there!
My ds was 5 last trip and he loved the pool and beach activities at night, he would beg to be back in time for the s'mores lol they do a great job at the pool for the kids

Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #41
donalduck
DIS Veteran

So are they really going to build a hotel in the middle of the water? I think that is pretty cool.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #42
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I think you should be fine. The only thing going on right now is the room refurbs but they close off the building they are working on inside so you shouldn't notice that.

Other than that, rumor is that DVC construction will begin at end of 2013, so that will have an impact if it happens, but it sounds like November might be a sweet spot where there will be nothing going on.

I want to stay at Poly in April 2014, but am considering the GF as I don't want to stay where construction is going on.
I agree with this. I highly doubt any major construction will be going on the in November. I would keep a eye on it though because I had read the DVC would start later this year so that could mean November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein

I can't believe I bit on this one. I guess I am stupid.

Perhaps to you and others, it is "stupid" (perhaps frivolous would be a better word choice) to pay just for a bed.

And as you know, but ignore, many people are happy paying for the location (easy access to/from 2 WDW parks via multiple methods, easy access to many restaurants, view of the castle, on the water so boat rental right there) and amenties (larger bed, larger room, multiple pools with a slide, beach, torch lighting, theming, landscaping, etc.). Our famly is one of those. If our financial picture was different, perhaps we would feel differently.
Yeah, that's very true! My DH and I love the Poly for the atmosphere and location. We had thought of staying at one of the Epcot resorts but we love that the Poly is easy access to MK and Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard
Same here!! My DH and I take one vacation each year for a week so when it comes to vacation paying the price to stay at the Poly is worth it to us. The rest of the year we work and save up for our vacation, it doesn't mean we don't enjoy life outside of vacation, we just watch more of what we spend and manage our finances so that we can spend more on vacation.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #43
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam775 View Post
Is there a lot of work going on at the Polynesian right now? I am looking to stay there first week of November. I don't want to spend that kind of money if there is a lot of construction. Thanks!
We are staying at the Poly for the first time in November. I am slightly worried about the DVC construction starting as it seems they will start over at Luau Cove and I spent a great deal of time choosing what longhouse I wanted to request, decided on Fiji Luau Cove side before I heard about the DVC construction starting late 2013.

The pool closing worries me too as I have a Cabana reserved for a Poly pool day.

Worst case scenario I will have to request a different Longhouse and ditch the Cabana pool day.

99% sure I will keep my Poly Reservation.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: