Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #1411
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytech View Post
Hi everyone!

Looks like we didn't get added to the BOG page after all. I posted about our upcoming trip last month but it must have gotten buried in all the posts..

So here are our details!
We decided to do a last-minute road trip down to WDW to pick up my ds who is currently a CP. This trip will be just me and my 4 kids this time (dh isn't too keen on Florida in August )
We are staying at the Beach Club August 7-10th and we are all SO excited! We have never stayed there before- never stayed at a deluxe hotel at Disney before! With the CP discount, it made it doable this time

Dh and I stayed at POFQ in May and loved it. It was while we were there that I got the idea to take a road trip back to WDW instead of flying DS home. I always have to have a trip to plan! Planning is half the fun for me
I'll be there then too. Ajugust 5-10. Look for me and Princess Lily at SAB!!! Jeanne and Bob too but who cares about them.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #1412
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

For those of you considering getting the dining plan, I highly recommend looking into Tables in Wonderland instead. I really think if you do the math and if you really consider what you would order for your meals if you were NOT on the dining plan (would you order dessert at your QS and TS meals every time?), you'll find you will save more money with Tables. And it's for 13 months. Of course to get it, you have to either be a Vacation Club Member, annual passholder (one of you), a CM, or a Florida resident.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #1413
ocalla
DIS Veteran

catho72: I posted our pic a few pages back....be sure and SCREAM at me if you see me!!! We always take a mid-day Pool/drink break, so you can see us at SAB daily!!!

Teena I remember you mentioning Artist Point and how much you love it, so I have an ADR there and can't wait to try it!!!

Now to rethink Yachtsman. I too had heard so many up and down reviews from random visitors, but thought maybe they were just being too picky. Now hearing if from regular BC/YC friends it really makes me worry!! I would hat to spend that kind of money on a so-so meal!!!

I have been wanting to add Flying Fish to my week.....now to try and convince the "other two" that I'm right
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #1414
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I'm also really considering the Tables in Wonderland card. I see on the list of places you can use it that it lists some lounges like the one in Poly. My question is, can it be used if you go to the lounge for just drinks and apps?? or do you have to order a full meal?
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #1415
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I'm also really considering the Tables in Wonderland card. I see on the list of places you can use it that it lists some lounges like the one in Poly. My question is, can it be used if you go to the lounge for just drinks and apps?? or do you have to order a full meal?
Oh no, the lounges are fine just for drinks. Bob is always testing out that theory!!!
And yep, we used it just for drinks at the Poly lounge. Bob's favorite two lounges are Crews Cup and the lounge in front of Artist Point. We've used our Tables card there just for drinks MANY times!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #1416
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
For those of you considering getting the dining plan, I highly recommend looking into Tables in Wonderland instead. I really think if you do the math and if you really consider what you would order for your meals if you were NOT on the dining plan (would you order dessert at your QS and TS meals every time?), you'll find you will save more money with Tables. And it's for 13 months. Of course to get it, you have to either be a Vacation Club Member, annual passholder (one of you), a CM, or a Florida resident.
I've been debating on whether or not to get the TiW card. We are planning two trips in a twelve month period, the WL in December and BC in April , but we are only planning to stay five nights both times, and I'm not sure we would come out ahead by very much. We've only used the dining plan once in all of our decades of trips to WDW, and we won't use it again. It was too many meals with foods, like desserts, that I normally would never have ordered to start with. I wasn't able to eat the way I wanted.

But today was our ADR day for our December trip and we will be at Cape May for dinner - twice! My husband insisted we eat there twice on our short five night trip. It is our favorite restaurant anyway, so I'm happy about it.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 06-03-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #1417
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I've been debating on whether or not to get the TiW card. We are planning two trips in a twelve month period, the WL in December and BC in April , but we are only planning to stay five nights both times, and I'm not sure we would come out ahead by very much.

But today was our ADR day for our December trip and we will be at Cape May for dinner - twice! My husband insisted we eat there twice on our short five night trip. It is our favorite restaurant anyway, so I'm happy about it.
You'd probably get back the cost of the card after your first five uses if it is just two of you. If you don't eat at a sit-down restaurant much, then it would not be worth it. But if you do sit-downs, it's a huge savings over 13 months.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #1418
rea59
Mouseketeer

Three weeks from today I'll be at BC for the first time. Can't wait to hang out at SAB and try one of those frozen drinks I've been reading so much about.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #1419
rea59
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there's a dress code at Todd English Bluezoo?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #1420
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytech View Post
Hi everyone!

Looks like we didn't get added to the BOG page after all. I posted about our upcoming trip last month but it must have gotten buried in all the posts..

So here are our details!
We decided to do a last-minute road trip down to WDW to pick up my ds who is currently a CP. This trip will be just me and my 4 kids this time (dh isn't too keen on Florida in August )
We are staying at the Beach Club August 7-10th and we are all SO excited! We have never stayed there before- never stayed at a deluxe hotel at Disney before! With the CP discount, it made it doable this time

Dh and I stayed at POFQ in May and loved it. It was while we were there that I got the idea to take a road trip back to WDW instead of flying DS home. I always have to have a trip to plan! Planning is half the fun for me

You are on there!

Did you scroll down past the first few listings in August? At the top of the list each month I have entries without specific dates and then I list guests chronologically when I am supplied with the actual dates.

LOTS of August entries!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #1421
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You'd probably get back the cost of the card after your first five uses if it is just two of you. If you don't eat at a sit-down restaurant much, then it would not be worth it. But if you do sit-downs, it's a huge savings over 13 months.
Yes, it is just the two of us. We would probably get back the cost on the first trip but not much more. We don't buy very many alcoholic beverages, so it would mostly be food purchases. One of us would have to buy an annual pass, too. I almost hate to commit any actual money to a future trip, though. Getting a room only reservation and then buying park tickets at check in is my version of trip insurance.

At least I have some time to think about it.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #1422
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

Finally, Finally, Finally

Travel Day!!!!

Tomorrow I will be posting live from Disney!

We are planning on doing the TiW (there will be 2 visits and 6 people) so I know we will get our monies worth.

It has been so long since I took an under 10 year old, that I am so enjoying just watching her read the Disney World book I got her and her making her ride list. 5 days is not going to be enough, but then it never is to me.

Disney lover Judy ps we did get the Belle dress done, so Zoey has 10 outfits for 5 days!
BC CL SV (starting tomorrow)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #1423
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=EagleScout;48574223]One little trick for a "poor man's" mimosa- beer and any sort of lemon-lime soda (sprite, slice, 7-up, etc)

Dee- fyi - one of the DIS mods put me in what appears to be the equivalent of a "time out" I give my son, for even asking about the special discount for YC. So please nobody else post about this- and I apologize in advance if anyone else gets or got "punished". I got "30 points" - not quite what that means exactly, and how long those points last?[/

Me too, the thread was about finding a deal with in the persons budget. I tried to help because we have an awesome deal. I got 30 points. I was only trying to help. I'm a stay at home mom, my husband is a bread winning in our household. I understand stand every penny counts.

Sorry you got in trouble, but you have a friend with you "in time out"

We have had some family issues over the weekend my gram is in the hospital. Man does this thread move fast! So hard to decide read "the inferno" or BC/YC thread guess who won!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #1424
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Dee- we have a slight change in dates... we are taking 2 days off our reservation( for a happy reason) we are now 7/2-7/8 BC GV - just applied the AP discount

Quote:
You are so right about TIW. It has saved DH and I loads of $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
We often use it at the Crew Cup lounge for just drinks or drinks and something small to snack on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post
Travel Day!!!!

Tomorrow I will be posting live from Disney!

We are planning on doing the TiW (there will be 2 visits and 6 people) so I know we will get our monies worth.

It has been so long since I took an under 10 year old, that I am so enjoying just watching her read the Disney World book I got her and her making her ride list. 5 days is not going to be enough, but then it never is to me.

Disney lover Judy ps we did get the Belle dress done, so Zoey has 10 outfits for 5 days!
BC CL SV (starting tomorrow)
Have fun Can't wait for the live report

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club

Last edited by Couchy; 06-03-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #1425
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Yes, it is just the two of us. We would probably get back the cost on the first trip but not much more. We don't buy very many alcoholic beverages, so it would mostly be food purchases. One of us would have to buy an annual pass, too. I almost hate to commit any actual money to a future trip, though. Getting a room only reservation and then buying park tickets at check in is my version of trip insurance.

At least I have some time to think about it.
When you have the TIW card- an 18% gratuity is automatically added to your bill.
I made the mistake of not looking at the bill and I added another 20% to the total. The waitress told me about this, which I was very thankful for. We ended up leaving her a 25% tip overall.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: