Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #46
Lexa
DIS Veteran

I understand what you are saying...but loud talking, slamming the door.....I experienced this more from adults then kids....so when we are all talking how bad behaved kids are running through the hallways and up or down the stairs, there is tons of adults who are never hold the door to close it, they talk loud walking down the hallway at any time of the day.....stopping to admire your FE and door magnets and loudly comment how great they are.....

And I'm not saying this because my kids run and scream...but kids are not always the problem......there is plenty of grown-up on the ships too who behave worse then kids.

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #47
BBG-BLT
Bunch of Booth-Genthe's

Quote:
The answer is really just as simple as taking your child by the hand in the hallways and saying "You can have all kinds of fun at the pool"....or Kids' Club....or on the running deck...... Easy!

I need some Magic
BLT Owner since 2009
BBG-BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #48
BooToYou7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa
I understand what you are saying...but loud talking, slamming the door.....I experienced this more from adults then kids....so when we are all talking how bad behaved kids are running through the hallways and up or down the stairs, there is tons of adults who are never hold the door to close it, they talk loud walking down the hallway at any time of the day.....stopping to admire your FE and door magnets and loudly comment how great they are.....

And I'm not saying this because my kids run and scream...but kids are not always the problem......there is plenty of grown-up on the ships too who behave worse then kids.
I agree. Rude behavior bothers me no matter what the age of the person doing it. The ship is not your personal zone to do whatever you want or allow the kids to do whatever they want. It's important to be considerate of everyone else on the ship.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #49
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG-BLT View Post

Funny?
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #50
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

It's society in general. New generation of parents, half of them are glued to their iDevices without a clue of what's going on around them. So the kids go nuts as there's no teacher or coach or nanny or any other adult to tell them no.

Same as the ones driving the big SUV and parking on the handicap spot 'just for a few minutes' to drop little missie off to ballet.

Same goes with the MDRs - some kids run around crazy and nobody stops them - eventually the head chef might say something to them and maybe then the parents get a clue of what's going on.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #51
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Wow, I wish my kids were perfect and well-behaved all the time!

Yes, as parents we tell our kids not to run in the halls and to be quiet.

But, guess what? They are on a Disney Cruise, and they are super excited! All the time. I can't tell you how many times we had to correct them because they are just so excited that they start running down the hall.

We don't let our kids run amuck, but on a Disney Cruise they don't remember not to run sometimes and they're not quiet ALL the time. We remind them so that their behavior doesn't continue. We are doing the best we can.
Yes, that how I feel. We try, really try to keep them quiet and respecful. Heck, I wondered if it was more annoying to hear the pitter patter of little running 4 year old feet or ME scolding them to please stop, in my attempt at a stern voice with out myself getting loud. I'm thinking I was more bothersome, but I did my absolute best. We would remind them before we got out of the room or hall way but I admit my kids needed a lot of reminding when they were excited.

We dont nap during the day so I cant say how common loud, running kids were during the day. We did hear a fair amount of loud adults late at night but I easily go back to sleep.

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #52
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post

Both adults and children can be guilty of it! I've seen and heard it!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #53
BBG-BLT
Bunch of Booth-Genthe's

Quote:
Funny?
What's funny is that I always thought that as well...Until Alia Faith - my 4th. My twins would be and still are compliant without much of a fight and when we had the third I was still pretty much in control and then I had AF. Now it's not that I have 4 kids - it's that I have her. If she were my first she would have been just as head strong as she is as my fourth. There will be no gently taking her hand and explaining that this is the way it is... so for all the parents who have one like me I just was reaching out to them. Kind of sharing a inside joke.

I need some Magic
BLT Owner since 2009
BBG-BLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #54
NFLDERS
DIS Veteran

BBG BLT:. I also questioned what's funny? Thanks for explanation.
NFLDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #55
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

For those that say they "try" to keep their kids from running, yelling etc. Would you use the same terminology if they were running in front of a moving car? Would you "try" to make them stop that behavior or would you MAKE them stop. Same exact thing. Don't try and "remind" them they're doing something wrong, stop them right there, take their hand and stop it from happening. You simply don't let them disturb all those people, period.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #56
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Quote:

Well yes, but it's so much more fun to complain about terrible parents and lament about how our society has gone downhill than it is to point out that I would take a herd of 4 year olds over one drunk adult any day.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
MyYearWithTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #57
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Well yes, but it's so much more fun to complain about terrible parents and lament about how our society has gone downhill than it is to point out that I would take a herd of 4 year olds over one drunk adult any day.
I guess that's what makes the world go round. Give me the drunk adult ANY DAY.

Either way I suppose the point is we're all responsible for our own choices and actions. Whether that means being aware of how many alcoholic beverages you've consumed or if you have kids.

Some parents become better ones while on vacation. A cruise ship can make you hyper-aware of behaviors that otherwise might not be an issue at home or school. Others take being on a ship as an excuse to not parent at all. "But I'm on vacation and so are they!" Doesn't mean manners or politeness should go by the wayside. Be considerate.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #58
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
I understand what you are saying...but loud talking, slamming the door...
This is interesting for you to point out because on our last cruise (14 nights, WBPC) our door had issues closing properly. Maintenance was out several times to try and fix it. Got better but never really solved. We HAD to let it slam to for it to shut all the way.

Sorry neighbors.

Last edited by cris0809; 06-03-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Adding quote
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #59
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
For those that say they "try" to keep their kids from running, yelling etc. Would you use the same terminology if they were running in front of a moving car? Would you "try" to make them stop that behavior or would you MAKE them stop. Same exact thing. Don't try and "remind" them they're doing something wrong, stop them right there, take their hand and stop it from happening. You simply don't let them disturb all those people, period.
I wont walk with my hand covering my kids mouth to keep them from being too loud. If my 4 year old is running down and empty hallway at 10 am, he wont be killed nor will anyone else. Again, many things make noise at all hours. If my kids were yelling, screaming and stoming their feet in the hall you bet, Ill take strict action but a kid running along happily, am not taking the same action that I would when he is in a busy dangerous parking lot. Call it bad parenting if you want, but I will try and they will learn. eta- I honestly tried to keep my kids from yelling at all times but until reading this, I was not aware that running was such an issue nor that it was loud or noticable in staterooms. I must have not been in the room at times there was a lot of kids running. I will be sure to be more respectful if my kids do happily trott along in the morning.

Like many places in life, ppl do things we do not like but I respect them if they try to respect us. Like bad mouths, smoking in places they shouldnt, allowing kids to act unacceptable (as I feel because everyones idea of acceptable is different) there will always be things I would like not to happen. But in a large crowd, I cannot make everyone follow my rules. I try not to let it bother me and I also try to be understanding that they in many cases arent trying to disturb others.

We had a door that slammed too, I had returning twice to find it was still not latched after our room was serviced so we had to slam it to close it. We did the best to close it with out a loud noise.

Last edited by jm106; 06-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #60
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106

I wont walk with my hand covering my kids mouth to keep them from being too loud. If my 4 year old is running down and empty hallway at 10 am, he wont be killed nor will anyone else. Again, many things make noise at all hours. If my kids were yelling, screaming and stoming their feet in the hall you bet, Ill take strict action but a kid running along happily, am not taking the same action that I would when he is in a busy dangerous parking lot. Call it bad parenting if you want, but I will try and they will learn.
Totally agree.
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: