Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #31
owensamo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
I have a dumb tipping question. What if you can't find your server or room steward, or someone you are suppose to tip at the end of the cruise to hand it to them? Do you leave the tips in your room for them?
Handing out the envelopes is just a custom if the tips are on your onboard account - they don't need to get the receipts to receive their tips, they are automatically credited to their account.

If you're tipping cash, you want to track down your dining room servers to hand out the envelopes. If that doesn't work, I'd probably leave them with Guest Services

We usually give out the envelopes to our dining room servers at the final dinner since we usually go to the buffet for breakfast. You can leave the envelope for your stateroom host in the room - I'm not sure we've ever run into our stateroom host before we left the final morning, so we've always left the envelope for him/her either on the desk or the bed when we leave.
Disney Magic: 7N - 1/19/08, 1/17/09, 12/19/09; 14N EBTA - 5/14/11; 12N N Europe - 7/22/15
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestars View Post
They played the horns several times, but I don't know if it was at a designated time. I never noticed it on the navigators, but then I didn't read them thoroughly. I only scanned them for the activity times and show information. The horns were neat though.
On our Dream and Fantasy cruises last year, they played all of the horns at noon on sea days and at least one horn as we left Castaway Cay. I remember the captain warning everyone during his daily announcements on the Fantasy, but I don't remember if the captain did on the Dream.
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

On our Eastern cruise, the Captain played the horns every sea day after his noon report. On the Art of the Theme tour, we were told that Meridian is the best place to listen to the horns, although we never made it up there to listen.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
Princess Denise
Mouseketeer

A few questions....

Do you pay for the excursions before when you make the reservation or after?

We did the pre-pay gratuity ... Will we get the same deal with receipts?

Do we get packets with all the info and luggage tags before the cruise? If so, when?

Will the packages include all the paperwork we will need to have filled out? Are these the same papers that we can fill out on our online reservation...or something?

Sorry- first timers & worriers...
Princess Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #35
Bluestars
Smile and let the world wonder what you have been up to
I know I am strange, but you asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Denise View Post
A few questions....

Do you pay for the excursions before when you make the reservation or after?

We did the pre-pay gratuity ... Will we get the same deal with receipts?

Do we get packets with all the info and luggage tags before the cruise? If so, when?

Will the packages include all the paperwork we will need to have filled out? Are these the same papers that we can fill out on our online reservation...or something?

Sorry- first timers & worriers...
We were billed for the excursions we booked through Disney at the end of our cruise.

We didn't prepay our gratuities, but I think they will handle the receipts the same way. Hopefully someone who prepaid can confirm this.

We got a package with a booklet that included luggage tags and information about our cruise. The information included the excursions we booked, along with our airline information.

Other than what we filled out online, we didn't have to fill out anything else except the forms for two of my son's friends who we brought on our cruise. We were never asked for this paperwork though.

Also, during the cruise you can go to guest services and they can give you a print-out of your current charges.
Bluestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #36
Bluestars

There were two ironing boards and irons in the laundry room.

We found that the blow dryer only worked when we used the plug by the mirror/TV and not the one in the bathroom.

There is a safe in the room. There are two closets and they both have hangers.

In our room there was one large bed, a couch that converted to a bed, and a pull-down bed over the couch.

There are several drink stations on deck 11. In addition to soft drinks, they serve coffee, tea, and milk.

There is an ice cream station that is open all day. At one end of the deck is Cabanas, which is open for buffet breakfast and lunch. At dinner it is not buffet. They seat you and you order off of a menu. At the other end of the deck is a food station where you can get burgers, hot dogs, chicken strips, grilled chicken, and wraps. This station is open all day.

Last edited by Bluestars; 06-02-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #37
RevKjb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneyfamof4 View Post
You will need photo ID at each port not for DCL, but local customs in order to get back into the port area
In Nassau last year, getting back to The Dream, we did not require photo ID. We only showed our Room Key and "bob's yer uncle" we were headed to the ship! Hope that the requirement hasn't changed and we keep our passports secure while on the cruise. Guess I could bring my Driver's License if needed. Anyone else confirm the NEED for photo ID has changed in Ports?
Canada

RevKjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #38
Bluestars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevKjb View Post
In Nassau last year, getting back to The Dream, we did not require photo ID. We only showed our Room Key and "bob's yer uncle" we were headed to the ship! Hope that the requirement hasn't changed and we keep our passports secure while on the cruise. Guess I could bring my Driver's License if needed. Anyone else confirm the NEED for photo ID has changed in Ports?
Every day there was an announcement that when you leave the ship everyone in your party needs their room key and everyone 18 and over needs a photo ID. When we checked in for our excursions (in the Buena Vista Theatre for what we booked) they made sure everyone had those items. We left our passports in the safe and took our driver's licenses. However, we were never asked for our photo IDs upon returning to the ship.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #39
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestars

Every day there was an announcement that when you leave the ship everyone in your party needs their room key and everyone 18 and over needs a photo ID. When we checked in for our excursions (in the Buena Vista Theatre for what we booked) they made sure everyone had those items. We left our passports in the safe and took our driver's licenses. However, we were never asked for our photo IDs upon returning to the ship.
Agree! Def would not have let us check in for excursion at theatre without . yay lanyard! Took care of it all!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: