Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #271
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthereplay View Post
Oh Yes, amberg@eastlink.ca,

I almost forgot to tell you something else.

The Birthday Lunch On My ACTUAL Birthday at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
As I stated In My Last Post, I gave Belle AND The Princesses Their Paper Tiaras that I have made for them, But I ALSO Gave Belle a little Serenade with
" Nothing Else Matters " By Metallica As I came in to The Banquet Hall Holding Area where they have The Photo Area with Belle.
The Reaction on The Faces of ALL of the Ladies That I was able to crown
made what I was able to do VERY WELL WORTH IT.

~ Dwight
very cool.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #272
jkuglin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthereplay View Post
Hello MTW !,

If You will be staying in a resort that is on Walt Disney World's Property,

Do you know how the florist can have Balloons As a Part of The In Room Celebrations? Well, See if you can get the resort to deliver Balloons to Your Room. THEY ARE FREE !!!! The Balloons also come with a Celebrate Today Card with An Autographed Picture of Mickey in it on One Side, and On The Other side they Have A SPECIAL Designed Celebration PhotoPass with A Code on the back of The PhotoPass Card when you remove it from the Celebrate Today Card.

This Special PhotoPass will look like this on the front:

After you are done using it and You are Back Home from Your Disney Vacation, Look for The Code On The Back of The PhotoPass Card,
The One That You type in to pull up Your Pictures taken By The Photopass Photographers, THAT SAME CODE IS ALSO A PROMOTIONAL CODE FOR A CELEBRATION DISCOUNT ON ONE ORDER OF ANYTHING AVAILABLE on www.disneyphotopass.com . Just type in that same code that is on the backside of this PhotoPass Card WITHOUT SPACES OR DASHES in the Promotional Code Field in the Shopping Cart when Ordering Your PhotoCDs, PhotoBooks, etc. HOWEVER, This discount can be used for ONLY ONE ORDER.

Just thought I'd give you this news, If I am not too late.

ENJOY DISNEY !!!! I CERTAINLY DID THIS PAST SEPTEMBER.

~ Dwight
Thanks for this great suggestion Dwight! We're staying at the Beach Club and I'll will definitely check into it. Should I just ask about it at check in or do I need to call ahead of time?
jkuglin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #273
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuglin View Post
Thanks for this great suggestion Dwight! We're staying at the Beach Club and I'll will definitely check into it. Should I just ask about it at check in or do I need to call ahead of time?
Hello jkuglin !,

This is ONLY Based On Experience.
My Guess is Your Best Bet is to ask about it at check in, and If You are not celebrating a Birthday, just tell them that You are Celebrating A Family Gathering, In the case that They end up asking you What you are celebrating.
I Found out about this through a picture of someone else that did this.
They had 2 of their children finding cards in their Disney Resort Hotel Room with an autographed picture of Mickey Mouse in them with the card that has the little PhotoPass attached to it with Balloons fixed to The Cards.
My Mom helped me pull that off because She sent me to Walt Disney World this Year On My Birthday to Cash in on The Free Park Admission On Your Birthday Deal this past September, and We Stood At The Contemporary Resort.

I hope that this will help you.

Thanks !,
~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #274
Beau264
Earning My Ears

In-Room Celebration

Hello!

I did the pure romance, or true love or something in room celebration for the first day of our honeymoon in Walt Disney World. The Disney website has pictures and a list of what's included, including the price. The package I chose was $275, and it included a spa gift set, personalized towels, rose petals and chocolates, a signed photo of mickey and minnie and a dozen roses in a vase. as several other posters commented though, it is disney, and they will make just about anything you want!

Hope this helps!
Beau264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #275
RedneckPrincess
Earning My Ears

I am going to disney on monday and I am so exited. I am taking my sister in law (1st trip, and bday) nephew (1st trip) and my daughter. I will most definetly try to get some free balloons in the room for when we check in. I just ordered 3 baskets from Betsy and I can't wait to see them!

Last edited by RedneckPrincess; 09-21-2011 at 12:22 AM.
RedneckPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #276
miamivice
Earning My Ears

Hi
i ahve just enquired about upgarding a couple of the packages as a surprise for my wife and son and i recieved the following email..

Thank you for your interest in our products and services at Disney Floral and Gifts! We apologize, but we are currently experiencing difficulties with our email response system, and are unable to correspond with you through our website. We are sending this message to you via one of our individual business email accounts for your awarenessplease do not reply to this email. Please feel free to contact our Dream Makers to help answer your questions, and assist you with placing an order, via our call-in line at 407-827-3505 between 8am and 6pm EST. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you! Thank you! The Dream Maker TeamDisney Floral & GiftsWalt Disney World, Florida

does anyone know if this is a long term thing, or just a blip as ringing them from the uk is difficult and expensive

thanks
miamivice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #277
Foz
DIS Veteran

I just found this thread!!! Guess what I'll be doing at work tonight ...
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #278
kbaker2012
Earning My Ears

Dream Makers of Disneyland

I've heard about these dream makers from different web sites and gave them a call. I too received a lame template e-mail with several Word attachments going over what they offer.

I'd think, based on the prices and the Disney association, the e-mail and marketing materials would be a little more polished lol but the rep was very sweet. We're attending for my birthday Apr 27-29 @ Disneys Grand Californian Hotel and I just asked her

ME: "Could just surprise us with goodies throughout our stay?"
SWEET DREAM MAKER LADY: "Yes!"

I gave her a $500.00 budget and total artistic freedom to get whatever she wanted for the Disney surprises. She asked a few questions about me and my GF like:

Favorite character(s)
Food likes and dislikes
...I think that was it.

They will charge my CC 3 days prior and we're both really excited!! I have no idea what will be there but we're Yelp dorks. Will totally take pics of all of our goodies for all you folks to see, we know it will be great.

Kent in Carlsbad, CA
kbaker2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #279
kbaker2012
Earning My Ears

Dream Makers of Disneyland

I've heard about these dream makers from different web sites and gave them a call. I too received a lame template e-mail with several Word attachments going over what they offer.

I'd think, based on the prices and the Disney association, the e-mail and marketing materials would be a little more polished lol but the rep was very sweet. We're attending for my birthday Apr 27-29 @ Disneys Grand Californian Hotel and I just asked her

ME: "Could just surprise us with goodies throughout our stay?"
SWEET DREAM MAKER LADY: "Yes!"

I gave her a $500.00 budget and total artistic freedom to get whatever she wanted for the Disney surprises. She asked a few questions about me and my GF like:

Favorite character(s)
Food likes and dislikes
...I think that was it.

They will charge my CC 3 days prior and we're both really excited!! I have no idea what will be there but we're Yelp dorks. Will totally take pics of all of our goodies for all you folks to see, we know it will be great.

Kent in Carlsbad, CA
kbaker2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #280
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

When we traveled down for our 25th anniversary, hubby wanted to start our trip off special and ordered a rose and bracelet combo from Disney Floral to be in our room when we arrived. It was a single yellow rose (our personal fav!) and a simple silver bracelet similar to the ones you can get in all the gift stores for charms. There was one silver loop on it holding a silver heart and rose and the piece was meant to symbolize Beauty and the Beast. I *loved* this thing and only wore it when we were at Disney or for special occasions. We were at a wedding last June and the silver loop holding the charm either opened or broke and the charms are gone. We searched the reception site, asked the staff to watch for it and explained how important the piece was to me, and of course, nothing. I called Disney Floral and after many calls back and forth they had another entire bracelet made when I told them I wanted just the charms and then they told me it would be a $75 charge for the new bracelet plus shipping. I was stunned! This was the price hubs paid for the piece when he ordered it and for that price I really felt it should have held up better. I also think they handled the whole issue poorly and could have just put me in touch directly with the maker to get the charm if they couldn't just order that for me separately. Very unhappy with them....

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #281
jce2
Mouseketeer

I noticed in pictures posted by a guest of one of the packages that a candle was placed in the center of the bed. Am I correct in assuming that the candles in the romance packages are electric?
My wife and I, along with our two "adult" kids will be staying at AoA for my 25th Anniversary celebration in November. One night the four of us are going to Narcossees for dinner and I would love to surprise my wife with "From Mickey & Mickey with Love" when we get back to the hotel. Is the price still around $265?

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #282
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061616

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-Caribbean Beach Resort