Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #1351
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Another adorable outfit and the place settings for the party are just SO cute!
I love that outfit too and I got it for pretty cheap at a costume shop online. She wore it one night on the cruise as well, so we got a few uses out of it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #1352
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

A quick shot of the boardwalk and we headed off to our room.

!
Cool!

Wow - what a long day. I am tired just reading about it. Sorry you had such bad service at CMC. Why should leaving a tip be SO difficult? That's ridiculous. Love that you capped the night off with an SAB swim.

Your pictures make me wish my October waitlist for BCV comes through. I check my DVC member account almost every day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #1353
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I forgot to add that I loved all of Claire's outfits. I really miss having a daughter because there aren't many cute clothes for boys.

I built a dollhouse several years ago, but have since given it to my niece. She has wanted ever since I built it, since she has a little girl I gave it to her. The one I inherited is so beautiful, all the rooms are electrified. When looking at photos of the house it looks like a real house.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #1354
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Cool!

Wow - what a long day. I am tired just reading about it. Sorry you had such bad service at CMC. Why should leaving a tip be SO difficult? That's ridiculous. Love that you capped the night off with an SAB swim.

Your pictures make me wish my October waitlist for BCV comes through. I check my DVC member account almost every day.
I hope it comes through for you. I am glad we stayed there once. I want to try other places though before going back. I do NOT like the bus service there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I forgot to add that I loved all of Claire's outfits. I really miss having a daughter because there aren't many cute clothes for boys.

I built a dollhouse several years ago, but have since given it to my niece. She has wanted ever since I built it, since she has a little girl I gave it to her. The one I inherited is so beautiful, all the rooms are electrified. When looking at photos of the house it looks like a real house.
Thanks. I love dressing her up. I just got her another cruise type dress, so I need to cruise again before she grows out of it!

I want to do electricity too. It wil lbe years and years before I get it done. I just don't work on it too often.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #1355
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, just want to say that I (as always) just LOVE all your pics. Your pics of the BC make me so excited about our stay there in August. We will stay in a 1 bedroom, since I guess I will have a lot of laundry to do after two weeks on the Fantasy.
But it will be fun to just walk into Epcot and stroll over to the Studios. Thanks for getting me so excited ..... we have less than 10 weeks.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #1356
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

You did SO MUCH this day I would have been exhausted! We always just go to a park in the morning and stay until they throw us out and then go back to the hotel

I've never been to Cape May but now I know who to ask to not be our server if we do go. Surly someone must have complained about her behavior before.

I'm glad Claire got to go in Stormalong Bay. It's so pretty I've always wanted to go in it.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #1357
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

All caught up again. Been enjoying the pics on Facebook, finally got some time to come to DIS to catch up on reading.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #1358
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Well, I was at LEAST 15 pages behind, but I have FINALLY caught up!

I can't even remember everything, but I'm so glad you got to see so many of the Christmas decorations! And just remind me about "Susan" if I ever to to Cape May- which is high on my "must do" list!!! Corey will be LIVID if he ever has to deal with someone like that at Disney… it would be a BAD day for me.

The Tea Party looked amazing… I want Cortlyn to do that one day! But she doesn't seem to care for Alice in Wonderland, so it may not happen anytime soon…

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #1359
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, just want to say that I (as always) just LOVE all your pics. Your pics of the BC make me so excited about our stay there in August. We will stay in a 1 bedroom, since I guess I will have a lot of laundry to do after two weeks on the Fantasy.
But it will be fun to just walk into Epcot and stroll over to the Studios. Thanks for getting me so excited ..... we have less than 10 weeks.
Thanks. I would love a 1 bedroom and had I known my parents were going to stay with us, I probably would've went that route. It is a lovely spot to stay. The area is beautiful. My complaint is the bus systems. I still think the Values are far much better when it comes to buses. I can see why you normally drive sincey ou often stay at deluxe/villas. You would think for the amount of money you pya for a deluxe they would have a personal bus for each person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
You did SO MUCH this day I would have been exhausted! We always just go to a park in the morning and stay until they throw us out and then go back to the hotel

I've never been to Cape May but now I know who to ask to not be our server if we do go. Surly someone must have complained about her behavior before.

I'm glad Claire got to go in Stormalong Bay. It's so pretty I've always wanted to go in it.
Kathy we do that often too. This was the first time I have gotten park hoppers with Claire in tow. She actually liked it, so we did hop a bit.
Cape May is good, but service has never been great for us. I don't want Susan to lose her job, just to change her ways of dealing with customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
All caught up again. Been enjoying the pics on Facebook, finally got some time to come to DIS to catch up on reading.
I have been slacking the last few days. Hopefully I can get a new update later today or tomorrow. I am starting to fall behind on some other reports I'm reading too. It was a busy work weekend. I foolishly thought I could get my TR worked on this weekend, but things never go as planned, but it was still a good weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, I was at LEAST 15 pages behind, but I have FINALLY caught up!

I can't even remember everything, but I'm so glad you got to see so many of the Christmas decorations! And just remind me about "Susan" if I ever to to Cape May- which is high on my "must do" list!!! Corey will be LIVID if he ever has to deal with someone like that at Disney… it would be a BAD day for me.

The Tea Party looked amazing… I want Cortlyn to do that one day! But she doesn't seem to care for Alice in Wonderland, so it may not happen anytime soon…
LOL. Thats OK. I think Janet is that far too. And she'll be away for a week now for her family trip to Florida.
Claire is not big on Alice in Wonderland too. In fact I don't even know if she had seen the movie before her first tea party, but she really had a good time. She thinks Alice is so pretty and the MH is hilarious.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #1360
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Jen, just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm all caught up. I snuck in some reading while the boss had a client with him. There's simply too much to comment on so I'll keep it short and sweet....glad that you got to meet up with Carey again, cute pictures of the girls and especially the giggling Abby ones, beautiful pictures around the Beach Club and yay for Claire getting some swim time in even though it was short.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #1361
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jen, just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm all caught up. I snuck in some reading while the boss had a client with him. There's simply too much to comment on so I'll keep it short and sweet....glad that you got to meet up with Carey again, cute pictures of the girls and especially the giggling Abby ones, beautiful pictures around the Beach Club and yay for Claire getting some swim time in even though it was short.
Wow you are good. I can't even keep up with my own report. LOL
Old 06-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #1362
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The birds were really crazy. They knew a new meal was coming their way.

Claire and the spoon. I have no clue what was going on there.
I just found your trip report and am still in the middle of it. But, I had to tell you about the spoon. I just got off the Fantasy and I thought at first that all the spoons had food stuck to them. I picked one up and it has two very small markings (stamps) on the front. The spoons actually look really unusual because I think most of the time they are marked on the back. I was sitting in Enchanted Garden looking at the spoon the same way Claire is. My DH thought I was nuts until I showed him and then he started looking and so did our table mates. I bet the whole restaurant thought we were a little wacky.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #1363
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
I just found your trip report and am still in the middle of it. But, I had to tell you about the spoon. I just got off the Fantasy and I thought at first that all the spoons had food stuck to them. I picked one up and it has two very small markings (stamps) on the front. The spoons actually look really unusual because I think most of the time they are marked on the back. I was sitting in Enchanted Garden looking at the spoon the same way Claire is. My DH thought I was nuts until I showed him and then he started looking and so did our table mates. I bet the whole restaurant thought we were a little wacky.
Thats funny because I have recently asked Claire why she was looking at it and she said it looked like food was on it too, but she couldn't tell for sure.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #1364
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 10, 2012, Saturday, Day 10

If I am remembering right, I did NOT sleep well at all this night. What it boiled down to was I was NOT feeling well at all. I felt so sick. I was nauseated, my head was pounding, my body achy, I felt like the starts of a sore throat, and my mind was racing. UGH! I think I caught Robs bug. How was I going to do 4 more days of parks feeling like this? And after Saturday the family was leaving and I would be on my own with Claire. I got up at one point and found any and every kind of pill I could and went through them and took a few. Mom woke up and asked what I was doing and I told her and she found some magic pills and gave me one of those as well. I finally did get back to sleep and by morning I was feeling pretty good. Thank God!!!!!

I got up early and I think I did some more laundry. Mom wanted things washed before she went home and with 4 of us in the room, we had to keep the towels washed. (I have a phobia of reusing towels, especially washcloths).

I showered and felt much better. Then I got Claire up fairly early. She had still mentioned last night that she was planning on hitting Toy Story Mania first thing before heading off to the Magic Kingdom. She is NOT an early bird, but she did slowly but surely get up and dressed. By 8:20 we were heading towards the studios. They had extra magical hours this morning, which we were already late for.

Again there was no boat in sight so we started walking.

Theres the boat we missed.

I tried to push us a little faster today, but both of us were now starting to suffer from sore legs.

We arrived a little before 9. The crowds to get in were insane. To the left were the general public and on the right the resort guests, but of course the general public were making it hard for those of us trying to get in for the EMHs. I watched my clock tick away once again as we waited in line. We got next to these people and I found this hilarious. Backpack baby.

I think we got through the gates about 5 till 9, so we still officially made it in during EMHs.

I told Claire we had to step it up a gear so we could make it back to Toy Story before the masses arrived.

The line actually was not bad at all.

A shot of Mr. Potato Head, who I rarely have seen because going through the fastpass line as I normally have, doesnt give you much of an opportunity to see him.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #1365
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We made it on fairly quickly. I think our wait was only 15-20 minutes, which is not bad at all. Of course by the time we came out the wait had tripled. We had another great time on the ride once again.

When we came out we tried to decide what to do. The plan had been to go back and let Claire swim a bit and then head to Magic Kingdom, but now she wanted to ride Star Tours again so we worked our way over there.

I had to take a quick look through the Osborne light area and Claire posed for me.

We saw Lightening McQueen and Towmator out, but Claire didn’t want to stop, so I took some quick pictures as we walked by.

Another pose.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: