Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #1156
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Ok Newbie here which is best room area for a lake view but not far away from main pool???
Old 05-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #1157
j67bubba
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
John: Welcome to the Dis!! (I don't think you can do Private Messages until you have more posts -- 15 I believe.) :
Thank you. I have recieved one Private message already. That helped alot also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

The pool area (The Dig Site) is one of the best on WDW property! Your girls will love it! The awesome pool bar is an added bonus for mom and dad!

The grounds are beautiful. The resort is huge so never really feels crowded. El Centro (the lobby area) will be crowded certain times, but mostly on days when the conventioneers are checking in/out.

I can't think of any "Don'ts" for CSR; lots of "Do's"!! Besides the Dig Site, the quiet pools are nice. Hammocks by the water - so relaxing! CSR has a Health Club/Spa you should check out! Walk the grounds - beautiful!

At check-in you will receive an Activity sheet in your Welcome Packet. My last visit was February:
1:00-3:00pm daily - Poolside Activities (games).
3:00pm Pool Fiesta - the daily pool party.
4:00pm - more games.
5:15pm: Poolside Campfire.
7:00pm - Movie Under the Stars (that will be later in July since it's still light at 7pm!! )

My suggestion, especially with young children, would be to hit the parks early; come back to the resort mid-day, during the heat of the day, to enjoy the resort and pool; head back to the parks late afternoon/early evening.

Have a magical vacation!
We have recieved our First booklet of Luggage Tags and Discount Coupons. The girls were going nuts over the Mickey Tags. 33 days to go and we had to put them on their tavel bags already. LOL

One of the main reason we are coming to the park on July 4th was to take advantage of all the Fireworks that will be going off on our drive into Orlando. The girls will have a show in the sky like never before. We won't be getting in till around 9:00 PM, so when does the Fireworks show start at Disney and where is it located?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #1158
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Thank you. I have recieved one Private message already. That helped alot also.

We have recieved our First booklet of Luggage Tags and Discount Coupons. The girls were going nuts over the Mickey Tags. 33 days to go and we had to put them on their tavel bags already. LOL

One of the main reason we are coming to the park on July 4th was to take advantage of all the Fireworks that will be going off on our drive into Orlando. The girls will have a show in the sky like never before. We won't be getting in till around 9:00 PM, so when does the Fireworks show start at Disney and where is it located?
Last year at the Magic Kingdom it was supposed to be around 8:30 but it was postponed til sometime after 10pm because of bad storms in the area. They had 360 degree fireworks, no matter where in the kingdom you were standing there were fireworks ALL around you. It was pretty awesome.
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #1159
3TinksandPeter
All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur92 View Post
Ok Newbie here which is best room area for a lake view but not far away from main pool???
We just returned from our first visit to CSR over Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed in the Cabanas section, building 8B, facing the lake, upper floor. It was perfect! Beautiful view (even though we booked a standard view, we were given the lake view ) and less than a 2 minute walk to the Dig Site main pool. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #1160
ATLJR
Earning My Ears

Just booked a couple days at Coronado Springs in July as my GF and I head down to the beach. Will be my first time staying there...I gave her options on which resort to stay and she picked it out so we are both excited.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #1161
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLJR View Post
Just booked a couple days at Coronado Springs in July as my GF and I head down to the beach. Will be my first time staying there...I gave her options on which resort to stay and she picked it out so we are both excited.
It's a beautiful resort and my favorite one to stay at! You'll have a great time!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1162
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur92 View Post
I was in Cabanas 8A for my last stay at CSR, had a wonderful 1st-floor room with a view of the lake and it was just a minute's walk to the Dig Site. Great room, great location!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #1163
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksandPeter View Post
We just returned from our first visit to CSR over Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed in the Cabanas section, building 8B, facing the lake, upper floor. It was perfect! Beautiful view (even though we booked a standard view, we were given the lake view ) and less than a 2 minute walk to the Dig Site main pool. Highly recommend it.
thank you so much
Old 06-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #1164
Loreli
Mouseketeer

With the August discounts we were able to upgrade from AoA LM room to CSR for only $195 more. I really really don't want to be in the Rancheros, however I don't want to pay more. What's the chance of getting Cabanas at the Ranchero price?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #1165
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
With the August discounts we were able to upgrade from AoA LM room to CSR for only $195 more. I really really don't want to be in the Rancheros, however I don't want to pay more. What's the chance of getting Cabanas at the Ranchero price?
I have stayed at CSR many times and I think Ranchos is a beautiful location. Building 7b is very close to The Dig Site and bus stop. 6a would be closer to main building. Casitas has some standard rooms too. They are closer to food and shops but farther from Dig Site. Study the map and when you check in ask if another area is available if you don't like what is first given. Also buildings vary from 2 to 5 floors so if that matters learn about that too.

CSR is my favorite of the mods although I love them all and have tried each at least twice.

Allears has some nice info and videos to see as well.

Happy Planning
Old 06-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #1166
Wdwhubby
Earning My Ears

This will be my first stay at a mod. We have always stayed at ASM or POP. Will I be disappointed or hooked for life. We have 2 Girls, 10 & 3.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #1167
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdwhubby View Post
This will be my first stay at a mod. We have always stayed at ASM or POP. Will I be disappointed or hooked for life. We have 2 Girls, 10 & 3.
I believe the latter! I bet your girls will love it too!

Old 06-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #1168
WendyWonderland
Mouseketeer

We just booked, then saw several posts that said you can guarantee a stay in Cabanas by booking Business Class. I called Disney to modify our reservation, and the woman was unable to verify that Business Class rooms are located solely in Cabanas. We took the upgrade anyway when she said we could downgrade if it turned out to not be the case, and she made a note on our reservation.

Is this a 100% confirmed fact? I really, really hope so.

**Also, which map is right? This one shows 9B as the first building by the bridge - http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/imag...-map-small.jpg

But this one shows 9B being the one with the pool - http://www.disneydrawingboard.com/WD...springsmap.gif

Which is the right map?

Last edited by WendyWonderland; 06-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #1169
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWonderland View Post
We just booked, then saw several posts that said you can guarantee a stay in Cabanas by booking Business Class. I called Disney to modify our reservation, and the woman was unable to verify that Business Class rooms are located solely in Cabanas. We took the upgrade anyway when she said we could downgrade if it turned out to not be the case, and she made a note on our reservation.

Is this a 100% confirmed fact? I really, really hope so.

**Also, which map is right? This one shows 9B as the first building by the bridge - http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/imag...-map-small.jpg

But this one shows 9B being the one with the pool - http://www.disneydrawingboard.com/WD...springsmap.gif

Which is the right map?
Business class is 9B. The building next to the bridge.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #1170
WendyWonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikster1 View Post
Business class is 9B. The building next to the bridge.
Awesome, thank you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: