Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
SwanVT2
Mouseketeer

Comparison pricing question

So we hope to stay at the Swan Feb. of 2014 with a teacher's rate, but with the resort fee and taxes added on I am wondering if it might be more economical to stay at a moderate? We are mostly looking to hang at the resort b/c our DD will be almost 2 and that is why the Swan is tempting. Has anyone done the comparison of these type of rates? Wondering if we should try CBR or POR instead. TIA!
SwanVT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Funny you should mention this. My DW also qualifies for the teacher rate and I qualify for the military rate. We have toyed with staying here different trips, but everytime we run numbers we realize we came out way ahead going moderate instead. We always drive since DW will no longer fly since a very scary event on her last trip. So we would be paying the parking fees on top of all of their other fees. For us, it just doesn't make sense. Swan and Dolphin are beautiful resorts though.
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
etail
Episodic Veteran

For us the rates can vary so you'll need to check for the week you want. They are indeed close and don't forget to include the cost of airport transfers (no magic express), parking and resort fees. I will note that the teacher rate got us some of the least desirable rooms (low floor, view of mechanicals on roof and high volume hallway traffic) but we could walk to Epcot or Studios, had many dining options and a pretty good pool (limited slide hours depending upon the season). We also use or save Starwood points so that influenced our choice but in the end my DW now wants the more "Disney" feel of a moderate over Swan/Dolphin.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
bek
Mouseketeer

I'm putting together a last minute trip and priced everything. I have AP and FL resident discounts and the moderates were in the same price range as the Swan/Dolphin. We ended up at the Swan/Dolphin because they have a Suite with a guaranteed two connecting rooms, which we needed for this trip with the kids and grandkids.

My DH and I stayed at the Dolphin last October and loved it but I'm not sure I'd pick it for a mostly resort stay.

Have you priced Animal Kingdom Lodge? It's a great place for a mostly resort stay. My then 2-year-old grandson thought it was amazing when we stayed there January a year ago. AKL oftentimes has discounts or maybe try renting DVC points for a studio?
bek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: