Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Bluestars
Smile and let the world wonder what you have been up to
I know I am strange, but you asked

Just got off of the Fantasy - Details for new cruisers

Hi. I just got off of the Fantasy today. It was our family's first cruise. I thought that I would share a few details that might be helpful for first time cruisers.

Before the cruise -
We decided to fly in the day before the cruise. We used ExecuCar for transportation from the Orlando airport to the hotel in Port Canaveral. The service was perfect. As soon as we got to the baggage claim area, we saw the driver holding up a sign with our last name on it. He walked us to the baggage area and then helped take our luggage to the vehicle. It was $30 per person, so $150 plus tip for our party of five.
http://www.execucar.com

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites that night. My husband and I were traveling with three teens, so we booked a room with a queen bed that had an additional separated area with three twin beds. The hotel was fine. The free breakfast was average.

They have a shuttle service for $5 per person. We called the hotel the morning of our arrival and requested a shuttle time. When we checked in, they gave us a slip of paper with our shuttle time on it. The next morning we went into a meeting room and checked in. When they called our name, we went outside to board the shuttle.

The shuttle dropped us off at the port. They handed our bags to a cruise employee and we didn't see them again until they were delivered to our room.
Bluestars is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: