Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Magic Express or Car Pick Up????

We are meeting our kids and grandkids at WDW and all staying at PORFQ.
Kids arrive on a Monday in July around 1pm. Should I pick them up at MCO or is it best just to let them reserve the Magic Express? I'm not familiar with MCO but I do have a car with a GPS.

If it is best to have them take the free shuttle......is it best to let Disney handle the luggage or have them keep it with them?

Thanks for the help.

Marty
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

It's your vacation too, I say let them take Magical Express. Let the magic begin as soon as they get off of the plane! The videos on the bus are somewhat informative as well. Welcome them home as soon as they get off of the bus!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Get them to take magical express you can meet them at the resort.
ME is a great service and it's a nice way to start the holiday. The plus is that you then won't have to worry about getting to the airport etc.

Depending on what time the flight gets in would depend on if they should take the bags with them or not.

We prefer to have ours with us so we can unpack and get settled. Bags from ME can take up to three hours to arrive.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
We are meeting our kids and grandkids at WDW and all staying at PORFQ.
Kids arrive on a Monday in July around 1pm. Should I pick them up at MCO or is it best just to let them reserve the Magic Express? I'm not familiar with MCO but I do have a car with a GPS.

If it is best to have them take the free shuttle......is it best to let Disney handle the luggage or have them keep it with them?

Thanks for the help.

Marty
If you drive out to the airport, you'd have to park the car (and pay to do so) or arraign it so you were able to pull up to baggage claim where your family would be waiting for you to load up the car. How much luggage will they have and will it all fit into your car? You used plural with the family so I'm thinking at least four and each one with a suitcase and a carry on? Plus those four people in your car for the drive back. That would take some coordination to go smoothly. If you parked your car, you would have to plan to meet somewhere and coordinate that with the times. You would also have to monitor their arrival time which could vary depending on a number of factors.

Or, your family could just do Magical Express and know their bags wouldn't be there for about three hours and they would simply get off the plane and get on a Disney bus. You would meet them at your resort.

I did Magical Express for my son and his family and they loved it. They had one bag for the day they had on the plane and everything else was in the suitcases and delivered to the room. My son said it was like traveling in style since they didn't have to schlep the bags.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.
Martyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Travel Info From PORFQ

Thanks again