Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Thanks Figs for hosting May and Rose&Mike for hosting this month.

I'm in again this month and will up it to 1800.

I have to figure that stupid bike out since we are doing a dualathon the end of July. So I will be adding more time on a road bike instead of the one at the gym.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TxAgs View Post
Gonna be a busy month - family in town, vacation, etc. I think I'll shoot for 500 and see what happens.

Shameless bragging ahead. I put this at the end of the May thread, but maybe it will inspire someone to join in June who has hesitated.

I started walking last June, after I turned 50 and after I'd read about the Princess half marathon. It was my hope that I'd be able to walk/run it by Feb. 2013. Well, that didn't happen, but I DID run a 5k, and have since run 2 more, and I hope to do a half by the end of this year. In the meantime, over the last year, I've walked and run 425 miles! I would never have imagined I could do that, and I'm looking forward to increasing that number over the next year.

Hang in there, keep chugging along, and you too will surprise yourself with what you accomplish!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
I'd like to join too, please.

Since I'm just "getting back at it" I'd like to shoot for a goal of 900 minutes of exercise for the month of June.

I'm glad today, May 31st, doesn't count as I won't be walking today.

Will get with the program and start in tomorrow though!

Most days I'm able to get at least 30-minutes in, quite often more since I'm now spending time gardening and WW does consider that exercise so I'm good with that. And if I can talk DH into going with me for a walk in the evening, that is usually extra minutes too.

Looking forward to getting started, and reaching (hopefully surpassing!) by personal goal.
Gardening can be hard work! Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
Thank you - I am an OSU grad who was raised in Alabama. I will always be an Alabama fan, but I am also an OSU fan (for obvious reasons). Please don't let them ever face one another for the national championship.
We are big, big, big SEC fans at our house--our son just graduated from USC (the real USC, in South Carolina ) and is staying for grad school. Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I'm here for June! Thanks Fig for hosting May and thanks to Rose for hosting June.

I'm setting a goal of 1000 minutes. I'm not sure how much exercise I'll get at the beach for a week (new area and unfamiliar with the roads so I may have to just stick with running on the beach). But, I am going to shoot for 1000 and hope I can do it!

Let's get the party started
Ooh, the beach! That is exciting! Just be careful if the slope is too great--don't want to trigger any itband problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
You are making me laugh now! Sorry yoga is so boring. I had to stop going to the place I was at - 90% of their classes were the exact same progression of poses. I need some variety! I'm looking at taking some fun fitness classes this summer - swimming, aerial yoga, trampoline...

My goal for June is 1200.

Thanks for hosting!
I looked up aerial yoga--I would so love that. They have a machine at the Y for reverse sit ups and I love to just hang upside down on it. It makes my back feel so good! I know yoga is good for me. And I have been really working on the breathing, but goodness! I miss my cardio endorphins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Thanks Figs for hosting May and Rose&Mike for hosting this month.

I'm in again this month and will up it to 1800.

I have to figure that stupid bike out since we are doing a dualathon the end of July. So I will be adding more time on a road bike instead of the one at the gym.
That's exciting! Mike got a bonus gift card and we used it for a bike carrier for our Jeep. It has been awesome. We took our bikes to FL with us last week and rode around Lake Louisa and the West Orange trail near Lake Apopka. Can't see myself ever racing, but I do love to explore!
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
Debbie19
Mouseketeer

Thanks for hosting Rose! I will try for a 1000.

Debbie
Old 05-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #19
BGK
Mouseketeer

2700, please.
BGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

I am going to try for 2013 minutes. I'll be at the most Magical Place on Earth from the 5th to the 11th so we'll see if I can still make my usual goal. I'll have to work-off all those extra calories from all the Mickey Bars, Dole Whips, etc.

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #21
GoofyPredsFan
Mouseketeer

Hello! I'd like to try this month too. I think I'm going to go for 1500. I'm worried I won't be as disciplined with the kids home, but I need to have something to push for, so there ya go

Thank you!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #22
DoomBuggieDriver
Boston Strong

I'm in with the IN CROWD here at WISH

Thanks for hosting Mike & Rose. Here we go....
sticking my neck out for 1000

0/1000

Buggie

BRUINS ARE DONE
Congrats to the Black Hawks, the better team

Poly 1997
BWI 2000
DCL Magic Western 2004
DoomBuggieDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #23
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Ooh, I really want to try for 2000...oh well, let us go for it, lots of time at the river for rowing camps, I can get 120 minutes of walking on those days...I will aim for 2000

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #24
snels
DIS Veteran

I would like to join the challenge for June. I usually walk for exercise. What activities count towards the goal?

My goal will be 1350

snels
snels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

My morning exercise today:

This portion with my wife:
5 minute warm-up walk
2.25 mile jog - 30:09
10 minute cool-down walk
Really proud of my wife - this was the longest run w/o walking in her life.

This portion by myself, after the portion with my wife:
4 mile run - 41:52
10 minute cool-down walk

Total - 97 minutes - a solid start.

97/2500
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #26
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Updated through post 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie19 View Post
Thanks for hosting Rose! I will try for a 1000.

Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
2700, please.
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago262 View Post
I am going to try for 2013 minutes. I'll be at the most Magical Place on Earth from the 5th to the 11th so we'll see if I can still make my usual goal. I'll have to work-off all those extra calories from all the Mickey Bars, Dole Whips, etc.
So exciting! We were so active on our trip in May--and I still gained 3 pounds! Hopefully you will have better results! It probably did not help that they took very good care of us at Olivia's at OKW--extra desserts, mimosas for our anniversary. And all g-f! It was awesome and worth every calorie! Have a super trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyPredsFan View Post
Hello! I'd like to try this month too. I think I'm going to go for 1500. I'm worried I won't be as disciplined with the kids home, but I need to have something to push for, so there ya go

Thank you!!
Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggieDriver View Post
Thanks for hosting Mike & Rose. Here we go....
sticking my neck out for 1000

0/1000

Buggie
Welcome!
I don't know if we are the "in" crowd--but we are definitely the mov"in" crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Ooh, I really want to try for 2000...oh well, let us go for it, lots of time at the river for rowing camps, I can get 120 minutes of walking on those days...I will aim for 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by snels View Post
I would like to join the challenge for June. I usually walk for exercise. What activities count towards the goal?

My goal will be 1350

snels
Everyone defines their activity differently. For this challenge, I consider anything I do that is purposeful exercise as activity. I wear a pedometer, and when I am traveling, I will count active minutes as well--which are minutes of activity over 135 steps per minute--this is a brisk walk. So basically, whatever you feel comfortable considering as exercise. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
My morning exercise today:

This portion with my wife:
5 minute warm-up walk
2.25 mile jog - 30:09
10 minute cool-down walk
Really proud of my wife - this was the longest run w/o walking in her life.

This portion by myself, after the portion with my wife:
4 mile run - 41:52
10 minute cool-down walk

Total - 97 minutes - a solid start.

97/2500
Great start! And congrats to your DW. But, just don't tell her that what she is doing is "jogging". My DH is much faster than me and if he said when he was running with me that it was jogging--let's just say it would be ugly, ugly, ugly.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
roannamb
Mouseketeer

Hi! I've been reading and lurking on the Dis Boards for months but I have never posted. I decided my first post would be to sign up once the June exercise thread was started. Please sign me up for 1500!
roannamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #28
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

This will be my first challenge. I think I will start at 900 min. Thanks for the motivation!!!

MaMa3Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Thanks for hosting! I'm going to try again for 1500. Hopefully I can get there this month!
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #30
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

30/900

Is that the way you want us to do it, Rose?

I did my 2-mile Walk Away The Pounds this morning, which is 30 minutes.

Planning to work in the garden today too, so hopefully another 30 minutes will be added later today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: