Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #31
Danny K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Me too.

Danny- I love the Poly, it is gorgeous. I would not take it if it meant that my vacation would need to be shortened. In fact, that is why we typically choose a moderate, I get some amenities and still get to save a substantial amount of money. i also need to mention that I have sen your itinerary and there is no way I would pay Deluxe prices under that circumstance. In my experience, if you are not going to be spending a lot of time at your resort, you may be paying for something you are not utilizing. I also wouldl not bother with a split stay, because the reason for that is generally to experience multiple resorts. You are going to be running from RD to close most days, so I would not add packing up to move into what is going to be an already busy trip.

If you are dead set against looking at a moderate, I have heard that kids really like POP. With the exception of Art of Animation, POP is the newest value and folks here generally have positive things to say about it.

yeah maybe a moderate is a good choice then. I am actually not much of a value, mainly because the rooms are really small.
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #32
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Most of your selections are Deluxe, which are staggeringly expensive... like $400+/night! You may get 30% off, which is still expensive. The Values are much cheaper, but feel like a cheap motel with garish decorations... not our preference. The Moderates are a nice compromise, beautiful grounds, pools, food, and your kids will love 'em.

With that said, free is a huge plus. The kids will get very tired at WDW and likely sleep well, so the accommodations may not matter much to them. If the house is nice and has a pool you will be in great shape. I'd go for 10 days free.
DanInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: