Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #31
Sophiesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
This sounds like way, way, way more trouble than it is worth for both WDW and the guest. Is is so gosh-danged important to Disney to allow guests to pre-order food? I can certainly see the benefit of a FP to cut the line. But the whole ordering in advance thing has way too many places where things could go off the rails. If prepared too far in advance, the food will get cold or stale under a heat lamp. If not prepared soon enough, the wait will be longer than regular customers. The order might get fouled up. This just seems like a really bad idea that is being executed badly. I would suggest that anyone who is given a choice should select the "bypass the line" option and order once you get there.

Question: How long did you have to wait in line at City Hall to get your order arranged? I have seen 15 minute lines (or longer) at City Hall all the time. If you get to the park at RD with the idea of heading off to some of the most popular attractions, killing 20 minutes of valuable time at City Hall seems like it could erode any benefit that they are trying to bestow. And if you skip City Hall first thing in the morning and come back later, well, at what point of the morning when you are at ETWB, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain is it convenient to head all the way back to City Hall?

This whole thing leaves me shaking my head. What's next? Ordering in advance and having the Beast pre-chew your food for you?
We actually only waited in line for about 5 minutes at City Hall. There were 2 people ahead of us when we got in line. If there had been a huge line (as is often the case), we likely would have gone to Mickey's Philharmagic to check in as this was listed as the other option.

LOL @ having Beast pre-chew your food! I would definitely NOT opt for that!
Sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #32
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiesmom View Post
We actually only waited in line for about 5 minutes at City Hall. There were 2 people ahead of us when we got in line. If there had been a huge line (as is often the case), we likely would have gone to Mickey's Philharmagic to check in as this was listed as the other option.

LOL @ having Beast pre-chew your food! I would definitely NOT opt for that!
Yes, there was no one at Philharmagic when we went there. In fact I forgot to "check in" because I was not going to do it at rope drop. I went to BOG first then ran over to Phil to check in and get my rose. Its right across so really not an issue.
Again I think this step is just part of the trial though, the regular BOG check in people are not really equipped to deal with anything outside the usual process.
BayGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: