Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #16
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennafoo View Post
Thanks everyone! I don't think I was totally clear: As I said in my op, I have signature meals planned every night I'm there. I can't really eat two huge meals a day, which is why I was going to do a breakfast and then BOG. This does leave me a couple credits short and maybe that's okay. My question wasn't how to plan meals; I really just wanted to know if BOG was worth perhaps leaving a few credits on the table.
This is such a subjective question. If you're a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast, then it is absolutely worth it. It's also the only place at WDW to meet Beast now (not sure if this is a factor) Beast only meets at dinner. It's not a character meal, he does a walk through every hour and then you can meet him when you're finished dinner.

BOG is the "hottest" reservation at WDW and proving the hardest to get. If you cancel, it's highly unlikely you'll get another one.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I don't think I was totally clear: As I said in my op, I have signature meals planned every night I'm there. I can't really eat two huge meals a day, which is why I was going to do a breakfast and then BOG. This does leave me a couple credits short and maybe that's okay. My question wasn't how to plan meals; I really just wanted to know if BOG was worth perhaps leaving a few credits on the table.
Obviously, this is subjective but in my opinion no it is not. We did not like our meal here in December and actually cancelled a reservation we had in place for February the next morning.

As for a PP that said we had unreasonable expectations, I do not feel like that was the case AT ALL. The steaks were not cooked to the temperature ordered, the quality of the steaks were worse than Outback, the mashed potatoes tasted awful to the point that we did not eat them (think of boxed mashed potatoes only way worse), and the service was rushed and just ok. We were not expecting signature/fine dining but we were expecting better entrees than you could get at Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday.

However, the restaurant is beautiful, we really enjoyed both soups and the cupcakes are great. Since you can see the restaurant and get the soups and desserts at lunch, I would use a credit at lunch and go to another signature for dinner. Again, this is my personal experience and opinion others as noted don't agree.
April 2014 - Disney Dream
Future Trips: August 2014 - offsite; October 2014 - MNSSHP, US and IoA

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC1225 View Post

Obviously, this is subjective but in my opinion no it is not. We did not like our meal here in December and actually cancelled a reservation we had in place for February the next morning.

As for a PP that said we had unreasonable expectations, I do not feel like that was the case AT ALL. The steaks were not cooked to the temperature ordered, the quality of the steaks were worse than Outback, the mashed potatoes tasted awful to the point that we did not eat them (think of boxed mashed potatoes only way worse), and the service was rushed and just ok. We were not expecting signature/fine dining but we were expecting better entrees than you could get at Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday.

However, the restaurant is beautiful, we really enjoyed both soups and the cupcakes are great. Since you can see the restaurant and get the soups and desserts at lunch, I would use a credit at lunch and go to another signature for dinner. Again, this is my personal experience and opinion others as noted don't agree.
We ate lunch there and canceled our dinner res. It was great to see and try it for lunch, but after eating there we didn't feel we needed to do dinner as well. We've met beast and belle at mvmcp before so maybe that had some influence too.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, I'm going to WDW for the first time ever in September and I'm going solo. I upgraded to Deluxe from free dining, and am usually planning for one table service and one signature a day.

On my MK day, I lucked into a BoG reservation...for 4:45. It makes for an awkward day, since I can't have lunch and then such an early dinner. Current plan is to have breakfast at Kona, a snack and then BOG.

But now I'm doubting. I've heard such mixed reviews and I won't have kids with me. Is it worth it? Maybe I should give up the res and go spend the credits somewhere nicer. Or try for lunch and do dinner elsewhere. I'd like to see the castle, but I'm worried its not worth the hassle.

Thoughts?
I guess it depends on how badly you want to see it, but I'd say go at least once. I went for the first time in February and had a dinner reservation about the same time as yours. It was a great time for a res, we got in right away and it wasn't long before the Beast came out to greet the dining room. After eating we had plenty of time to look around the castle taking pics and to get our photos with/interact with the Beast. No, the food isn't on par with a signature restaurant or anything, but it was passable and our server was wonderful. I thought it was worth it just to dine in the castle. It's beautiful! With that said, it will probably be a few years until I eat there again.
rustyanchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

I've never been to BOG so I can't really say. But I'm dying to try it so if it were me, I'd probably give up a dining credit or two. Or meet an attractive stranger and have them join you ;-) lol

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
OLIVIA'S DADDY
Mouseketeer

It's worth it, good food, great strawberry cheescake cupcake for dessert! And, you get a photo-op with the Beast. We ate there 3 times last week, one for lunch and dinner our first night and last night. Lunch was rushed but the grilled ham and cheese was great. Dinner is much more mellow and laid back, more adult menu and the food was pretty good. Enjoy
OLIVIA'S DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I just wen tthere with a friend. It's not a place specifically for kids. There were a lot of adults eating there. The mussels and beer are awesome. I didn't get an entree. We met the Beast...fun.

I don't do DDP so I don't know about the worthiness of using dining credits here. I'd rather have the appetizers than the entrees personally. Can't you find a way to use the credits? They're good for counter service too, which would be better than just letting them lapse.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #23
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Are you already eating breakfast at CRT? If not, I would switch Kona to CRT, which would use the extra credit. If you go to BOG at lunch instead, you'll be using one of your credits. This will leave you short & require you to eat dinner at a non-signature one evening.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #24
Princess MaryPoppins
Cast Member 2008 - Magic Kingdom

It's overhyped and so not worth it!

Princess MaryPoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #25
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I made a dinner reservation for August as this was my youngest DD's only restaurant request. After seeing the menu and hearing the mixed reviews, I would be lieing if I said I didn't have my doubts. So, after reading some others experiences, we've decided that we will keep the ressie but we are not going to waste a TS credit here. Instead, we'll just order just an app and dessert and pay OOP.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

I was not particularly impressed with it. I think it is more suited to CS
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #27
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, I'm going to WDW for the first time ever in September and I'm going solo. I upgraded to Deluxe from free dining, and am usually planning for one table service and one signature a day.

On my MK day, I lucked into a BoG reservation...for 4:45. It makes for an awkward day, since I can't have lunch and then such an early dinner. Current plan is to have breakfast at Kona, a snack and then BOG.

But now I'm doubting. I've heard such mixed reviews and I won't have kids with me. Is it worth it? Maybe I should give up the res and go spend the credits somewhere nicer. Or try for lunch and do dinner elsewhere. I'd like to see the castle, but I'm worried its not worth the hassle.

Thoughts?
The food was good in Dec. Two of us had steaks cooked just as we ordered them. DDIL had the ratatoule. While she said it was ok. She will order something else next time. BUT! The experiance is the BEST! The themeing is unbelievable. IMO it is a must do. You have to see it at least once. I am going back in Nov! Cant wait!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: