Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #1336
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Claire and I decided to explore the Beach Club a bit after everyone left. I wanted to get a few pictures and just check out the lobby.

Another picture of Claire NOT looking at the camera.

Back to the Villas.

Another mermaid shot.

I just love Dollhouses.

I really loved this breezeway room

This is such a gorgeous picture.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #1337
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Out to the Villa pool.

We then headed back to the room for Claire to put her swimsuit on. She was going to go swimming in Storm-along-Bay!

Who knew deciding where to swim was such a big deal? We walked down towards the Yacht Club and started there.

I would get settled in with my Kindle and she would decide to move again.

I think we moved like 3 or 4 times.

And then the announcement came. Everyone needs to get out of the pool now, it is closed!

What? I didn’t know this pool closed at 10 PM. I swore it was open till at least 11. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now. She did get a good 30 minutes of swimming time in at least.

We got her out and dried off and it was getting quite chilly out. On our way back to the room we saw some fireworks go off. I am guessing they were for a race because they came from behind Epcot and it was too late for them to be shooting anything off.

A quick shot of the boardwalk and we headed off to our room.

We got settled into bed once again. It had been a pretty full day for our sort of early night day. We had a lot of fun again, with a few headaches along the way.

We got to see Carey, John and Kadence once again today. Oh the people we see!
We went to Hollywood Studios today as well. We are learning to like that park more and enjoyed it more than I ever have in the past. I just wish I had a really LONG trip to explore each park more and take my good ole time enjoying it all.
Oh the places we go!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #1338
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, I'm still reading...just not posting much. I loved your last set of pictures at the Beach Club and the pool there. Can't wait to be there in a week.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #1339
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I'm still reading...just not posting much. I loved your last set of pictures at the Beach Club and the pool there. Can't wait to be there in a week.
It is a beautiful resort! And a fantastic pool
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #1340
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Swimming at night while in Disney is the best! What a great ending to a super fun day! I hope you both slept well.

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #1341
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

That is such a lovely resort. The interiors are just the look I love.

Claire sure is quite the not so little any more fish! Kids sure do have the bad habit of growing up. What great Mom & Claire you two had.

If you like doll houses you should see mine. I inherited from Bob's stepmother.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #1342
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Great Photos!

You just capture everything perfectly, from the Beach Club decor to Claire swimming to the photo of the Beach Club-just love it. So, how warm was it, that Claire was swimming at night? She is really quite the swimmer, isn't she???

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #1343
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I think I love the exterior of the BC villas the best, and the inside of the actual BC resort the best. One thing is for sure, the artwork looks great at both places!

Yay for getting to swim in Stormalong Bay! I get wanting to move around a lot. This pool has so many cool areas to explore.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #1344
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

That Beach Club pool looks awesome. We're members at OKW, and have been able to get a room at Boardwalk, ONCE, but haven't been able to get one at Beach Club yet... It doesn't help that we only vacation during the same time as the majority with kids... haha One day. But we've had the Kitchen Sink and the kids have eye-balled the slides and lazy river!! :D One day we'll get a reservation there.
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #1345
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Swimming at night while in Disney is the best! What a great ending to a super fun day! I hope you both slept well.
She loves swimming any time she can get it in. But night is always extra fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
That is such a lovely resort. The interiors are just the look I love.

Claire sure is quite the not so little any more fish! Kids sure do have the bad habit of growing up. What great Mom & Claire you two had.

If you like doll houses you should see mine. I inherited from Bob's stepmother.
we did have a nice day. A nice mixture of family and just us. She is growing way too fast.
I have been working a dollhouse for years..like maybe 15? It's built and partially painted, but nothing inside is done. I actually stopped about a year ago because I needed skip to cut some things to size for me and forgot about getting back at it. I will have to go pull out my directions and have him cut those so I can move on. I also need to finish painting the window trim and put them in. I was at one time going to buy an expansion kit for it, but I gave up on that idea. I also thought about putting shingles on it, but again, that sounds like too much work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
You just capture everything perfectly, from the Beach Club decor to Claire swimming to the photo of the Beach Club-just love it. So, how warm was it, that Claire was swimming at night? She is really quite the swimmer, isn't she???
It wasn't that warm. The pool was ok, but the outside air had started to chill down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I think I love the exterior of the BC villas the best, and the inside of the actual BC resort the best. One thing is for sure, the artwork looks great at both places!

Yay for getting to swim in Stormalong Bay! I get wanting to move around a lot. This pool has so many cool areas to explore.
I agree, I like the outside of the villas, but I like the look of the BC for inside.
that pool is huge and I am glad Claire did get a chance to swim in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
That Beach Club pool looks awesome. We're members at OKW, and have been able to get a room at Boardwalk, ONCE, but haven't been able to get one at Beach Club yet... It doesn't help that we only vacation during the same time as the majority with kids... haha One day. But we've had the Kitchen Sink and the kids have eye-balled the slides and lazy river!! :D One day we'll get a reservation there.
One day you will get it. I have heard it's really hard to get, especially summer months. We never made it to the slide. I guess we'll have to go back someday.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #1346
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Love Claire's outfit. Love this pic!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #1347
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome! That CM REALLY looks creepy!

Ugh to the bus fiasco. I hate when you just miss a bus and end up waiting FOR-EVER for the next one. And weird that the bus driver called the other guy a jerk but tried to cover for it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #1348
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love Claire's outfit. Love this pic!
Thanks I dod to, but it took a lot of emails to get it. The seller said a certain amount of weeks and then it went and gone and then she stopped answering, or swore it was on it's way and then it never came. I finally told her I was filing a claim with my credit card company and it showed up.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #1349
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Awesome! That CM REALLY looks creepy!

Ugh to the bus fiasco. I hate when you just miss a bus and end up waiting FOR-EVER for the next one. And weird that the bus driver called the other guy a jerk but tried to cover for it.
He was great and in character.
Yeah I wasn't impressed with our replacement driver at all. If I had time I would've complained. i should've gotten his name.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #1350
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I only took one of Claire.

Another adorable outfit and the place settings for the party are just SO cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: