Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Tried both the steak sandwich & grilled ham & cheese & strawberry cupcake it was all very good!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

For theming and ambiance, no, there really isn't anything that compares to BOG as a CS. It's hard to compete with the ambiance at other TS restaurants, let alone CS.

Food quality, there are several other great places. Wolfgang Puck, Sunshine Seasons, I'm a big fan of Tangarine Cafe, Earl of Sandwich... But they are all in either outdoor seating areas, indoor food courts, or just a regular old dining room.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
loricfam
Mouseketeer

We are planning on eating lunch QS at Be Our Guest on our next trip in September. Can you tell me how long the wait is for lunch? What time would you recommend during the lunch window that might be less busy?
loricfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricfam View Post
We are planning on eating lunch QS at Be Our Guest on our next trip in September. Can you tell me how long the wait is for lunch? What time would you recommend during the lunch window that might be less busy?
You're going during free dining, so the wait is likely to be long. Aim for about 11:45, when the crowd that thought they'd be sneaky and save time by arriving early has died down, but before the crazy lunch crowd, and expect to wait for a bit. Like 30+ minutes or much more. We were there in January and the waits were 35-50 minutes at opening and they stopped letting people in line anywhere from 1:30 to 2.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
Aunt Stepody
Mouseketeer

So, you do not need a reservation for lunch? Only for dinner?
Aunt Stepody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #21
CandiceH
Earning My Ears

We will not go back to BoG. I had gotten reservations there for my birthday dinner and service was not up to par. pretty place though.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

We had a wonderful server for our dinner in March. Everyone in our family enjoyed their dinners, including the kids.

We had lunch their the same week because my daughter 9, loved her dinner so much.

We will be returning again when we go back next year, I hope they don't change the menu
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #23
McDanielFamily
DIS Dad #738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Stepody View Post
So, you do not need a reservation for lunch? Only for dinner?
That is correct! I've heard some people had a long wait at lunch, but we got inside in 20-30 minutes over spring break.

Carrie: WDW Offsite: 1978

Tony & Carrie: WDW Offsite (Honeymoon) June 1996, Gaylord Palms July 2005, SSR Treehouse Villas April 2010, CBR April 2013, AKL Jambo House/POP/BWV March-April 2014

Tony Carrie Hannah Jackson

McDanielFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

We are hoping to eat there on our one day trip to MK in August.
Do you recommend lunch or dinner? We are not picky eaters. Just wondering about which would be easier to get seated without a crazy wait.
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #25
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbooksellman View Post
We are hoping to eat there on our one day trip to MK in August.
Do you recommend lunch or dinner? We are not picky eaters. Just wondering about which would be easier to get seated without a crazy wait.
For dinner you will most likely not get in unless you have a reservation.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #26
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Be Our Guest Restaurant - Lunch
Counter Service
New Fantasyland - Magic Kingdom

Menu Date: February 2013
Be Our Guest restaurant is located in the Fantasyland Expansion area of the Magic Kingdom.

The location serves quick service lunch and full service dinner. For lunch, those on the dining plan can use one quick service entitlement.

SOUPS
French Onion Soup $4.99
Potato Leek Soup $4.49

ENTREES
Tuna Nicoise Salad - warm seared tuna steak with chilled green beans, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs $13.49

Carved Turkey Sandwich - served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites $10.99

Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites $11.99

Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites. $10.99

Quinoa Salad - with green beens, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers and tomatoes $9.99

Vegetable Quiche - mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and chive quiche; served with baby lettuce coated with Champagne vinaigrette $8.99

Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) - eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiniere $11.99

DESSERTS

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling, and cream cheese icinng $2.99

Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and choclate ganache $2.99

Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch $2.99

Chocolate Cream Puff - filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream $2.99

Passion Fruit Cream Puff - filled with Passion fruit mousse and topped with whipped cream $2.99

Gluten Free - No Sugar Added: Lemon-raspberry cream puff -filled with lemon custard $2.99

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Service
Fantasyland - Magic Kingdom

Menu Date: January 2013
Be Our Guest restaurant is located in the Fantasyland Expansion area of the Magic Kingdom.

RESERVATIONS, OPENING DATE

The location serves quick service lunch and full service dinner. For lunch, those on the dining plan can use 1 Quick Service entitlement and for dinner, one table service entitlement.

Be Our Guest will accept Tables in Wonderland cards for dinner.

Be Our Guest will have a cancellation policy similar to other restaurants. You will be required to provide a credit card to hold the reservation. A charge of $10 per person will be made if you don't cancel at least one day in advance.

It is VERY difficult to get a dinner reservation.

DINING ROOMS
There are three themed dining rooms (seating more than 500 guests): the mysterious West Wing with the "enchanted rose"; the Rose Gallery with twirling, larger-than-life figures of Belle and Beast; and the elegant Ballroom with domed ceiling, twinkling chandeliers and glimpses of softly falling snow outside. At this time you are not able to request a dining room preference.

No character dining will occur at the restaurant.

Appetizers
Assorted Cured Meats and Sausages served with cornichons, pickled onions, and toasted baguette (serves two) $14.99

French Onion Soup - topped with crouton and gruyere cheese $6.99

Mussels Provencal - with white wine, tomato, garlic, onion, basil and butter $10.99

Potato Leek Soup $5.99

Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette $4.49

Seasonal Salad Trio $6.99

Three Individual Bowls of:
Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin and Orange Salad
Green Been, Tomato and Roasted Shallot Salad
Watermelon, Radish, and Mint salad

Entrees
Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop - with au gratin macaroni, seasonal vegetables and red wine au jus $21.99

Rotisserie Cornish Hen - with roasted fingerling potatoes and seasonal vegetables $15.99

Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue - served with creamy saffron-crushed potatoes $20.99

Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites $29.99

Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops - with seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce $22.99

Layered Ratatouille - oven-baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes and caramelized onions sliced and layered with quinoa served with a bell pepper sauce $15.99

DESSERTS
Presented and served tableside $3.99
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling, and cream cheese icinng

Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and choclate ganache

Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch

Chocolate Cream Puff - filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

Passion Fruit Cream Puff - filled with passion fruit mousse and topped with whipped cream

Lemon-Raspberry Cream Puff -filled with lemon custard (Dessert is gluten-free and No Sugar Added)

Signature Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Served in a Light-up Castle-themed Souvenir Goblet $18.99
Beverage only $4.19

All-Natural Fruit Punch - sweetened with organic cane juice and wildberry extract topped with lemon-lime foam

All-Natual Lemonade sweetened with organic cane juice and topped with a wildberry foam

Complementary Refills - soft drinks, coffee, hot tea, Iced tea, hot cocoa, Minute Maid Light Lemonade Punch, Apple Juice, Orange Juice, 1% or Chocolate Milk

Beverages
Fountain Beverages $2.99
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Barq's Root Beer, Fanta Orange, Sprite, Minute Maid Lemonade

Milk or Chocolate Milk $3.09

Orange Juice, Apple Juice, or Cranberry Juice $3.19

Fresh-brewed Coffee (regular or decaf) $2.59
Fresh-brewed Iced Tea $2.99
Hot Tea $2.59
Hot Cocoa $2.59

Evian 750mL or Perrier 750mL $5.75
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

IMHO the menus look good to me, but IDK that I'd want to wait an hour. The quiche looks like something I'd try & def. a fantastic price!!!!! Anyone have any pics?
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #28
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
IMHO the menus look good to me, but IDK that I'd want to wait an hour.
Same here! I'm taking DD and her BFF late next month and her BFF says we just have to eat there as she loved it when her family went late last year. But I think waiting in line for an hour is crazy! I'll just remind those girls that they came with me and it's my rules, lol. I'm sure they won't go hungry!

Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012
IMHO the menus look good to me, but IDK that I'd want to wait an hour. The quiche looks like something I'd try & def. a fantastic price!!!!! Anyone have any pics?
FWIW, I've been there for lunch about 4 times now and never waited an hour. 20mins, 30mins tops from joining the line to being seated, and included in that time was walking through the castle (and taking pics from the line), getting my rose and ordering.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #30
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

FWIW, I've been there for lunch about 4 times now and never waited an hour. 20mins, 30mins tops from joining the line to being seated, and included in that time was walking through the castle (and taking pics from the line), getting my rose and ordering.
Was this during peak times??

Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: