Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #3091
La Tomate
Earning My Ears

Which phone number are people calling to see if they have a PIN?

The regular dining number?

Although the reservation is in my name - could I get my hubbie to call and check?

Cheers!
La Tomate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #3092
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tomate View Post
Which phone number are people calling to see if they have a PIN?

The regular dining number?

Although the reservation is in my name - could I get my hubbie to call and check?

Cheers!
You call the regular resort reservation line. I call 1 (407) W-DISNEY. He should be able to call. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #3093
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

I called today and they said no pin, and then i said could you check under all our names? then she checked my husbands name and said yes there it is. BUT NOT FOR your Little Mermaid room! I'd have to change resorts to say Pop Century or upgrade to a suite at Art of Animation, and then it would have to be two different reservations since we arrive on the 9th and free dining starts on the 11th. I did the math and that only saves us $230 because when you make another reservation for the two days, you lose the money in park tickets which are cheaper the longer you stay. So free dining is not of much use to us.

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #3094
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
So I see posts on FB today. Saying. For September the resorts are "full" for free dining rooms. Which means this sept will be crowded. Not like the normal low crowds in the fall. What the heck !? True ????
Which FB group is this on?
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #3095
Thorb73
Tinker, Pooh and their kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypolybride2008 View Post
I called today and they said no pin, and then i said could you check under all our names? then she checked my husbands name and said yes there it is. BUT NOT FOR your Little Mermaid room! I'd have to change resorts to say Pop Century or upgrade to a suite at Art of Animation, and then it would have to be two different reservations since we arrive on the 9th and free dining starts on the 11th. I did the math and that only saves us $230 because when you make another reservation for the two days, you lose the money in park tickets which are cheaper the longer you stay. So free dining is not of much use to us.
Ever thought about a split stay ? Make a room only reservation for the first two nights and then the FD package with two additional ticket days. You can make early ticket pickup up to three days before the check in date of your package at any park guest service desk....

DLP:
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe September 13th - 17th 1999
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe July 13th - 18th 2002

Disney's Hotel Santa Fe February 6th - 9th 2008
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe February 23rd - 27th 2009
WDW:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort August 21st - September 1st 2011
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside August 29th - September 8th 2013
DCL:
DISNEY Dream Bahamian cruise September 1st-4th 2011
DISNEY Magic NY to Canada September 2nd-7th 2012
DISNEY Dream Bahamian Cruise August 25th-29th 2013
Thorb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #3096
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW-A-RAMA View Post

Which FB group is this on?
It wasn't the actually group page that posted it. It was someone in the post reply who said it. It was the Disney Addict group. Someone asked when is the cheapest month to visit. And people were saying September. And free dining. And someone said.
"They are full my brother is a cast member and we checked thru him. There also very slim choices for dining which indicates they will be busier than normal in September."

He was responding to someone else saying they're booking up with free dining. Most people were saying. This isn't true.

I feel we get paranoid about bigger crowded being brought in by FD but then it's fine once we get there.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #3097
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer

Quote:

It wasn't the actually group page that posted it. It was someone in the post reply who said it. It was the Disney Addict group. Someone asked when is the cheapest month to visit. And people were saying September. And free dining. And someone said.
"They are full my brother is a cast member and we checked thru him. There also very slim choices for dining which indicates they will be busier than normal in September."

He was responding to someone else saying they're booking up with free dining. Most people were saying. This isn't true.

I feel we get paranoid about bigger crowded being brought in by FD but then it's fine once we get there.
Thanks!
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #3098
La Tomate
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You call the regular resort reservation line. I call 1 (407) W-DISNEY. He should be able to call. Good luck!
Thanks!!! I'll get him to give it a go tomorrow :D :D
La Tomate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #3099
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

what a great idea.. can you please tell me how to do this?? do you give them your reservation resort number? When i spoke with Disney on the phone they said you can't access them early.

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #3100
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypolybride2008 View Post
what a great idea.. can you please tell me how to do this?? do you give them your reservation resort number? When i spoke with Disney on the phone they said you can't access them early.
Disney always says no over the phone. But it is done a lot. A Disney Ticket CM has written out all the helpful info in this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #3101
disneyrella
Earning My Ears

No pin for me, though we had one last year for late Nov/early Dec and loved free dining! Anyone know if they tend to give out pins to those who haven't been to Disney recently?
2000 WDW Poly
2002 WDW GF
2003 WDW GF
2004 WDW GF
2011 WDW Offsite
2012 WDW Poly
disneyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #3102
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

People are still getting new FD reservations. If the brother is a CM and was checking with a CM discount it is entirely different. The whole statement sounds off honestly. If a CM was checking for availability with FD they'd check the same way you or I would.

I imagine it will be busier then usual but I definitely think 'booked up' is a huge stretch. This whole year seems busier than the norm.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #3103
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

People are still getting new FD reservations. If the brother is a CM and was checking with a CM discount it is entirely different. The whole statement sounds off honestly. If a CM was checking for availability with FD they'd check the same way you or I would.

I imagine it will be busier then usual but I definitely think 'booked up' is a huge stretch. This whole year seems busier than the norm.
I agree !
Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #3104
dizneyjill
Joshua 1986-2001 I miss you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Stepody View Post
I called this morning and we do not have a PIN code. However, the CM said to keep checking back. She also sounded optimistic that there would be "some kind" of offer in the fall that would be released in the next 2 months.

That's what I'm hoping ..want to go 1st week in December...got a pin a couple of years ago...wish I could get another!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #3105
LLCM
Earning My Ears

I was sent a PIN on 5/28 for Free Dining for 8/25-10/2, 10/18-10/31. 11/11-11/23, 11/30-12/4 AND 12/15-12/22....so they may come out to the public.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: