Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

Child in relatives room but need dining credits on our ressie??

So here's my situation and question. Currently booked at POR, party of 5.
Our kids will be 7, 5, and 3 at time of trip and we are on the watch for free dining in November.

My sis in law got the coveted late fall PIN and chances are slim they would join us BUT if they do, we would put one of the kids in a room with them and switch to POP. So our ressie would have 4. Two adults, two kids. Their ressie would have 3. Two adults, one kid. Problem is we more than likely wouldn't eat all of our meals together, so we would need our 3rd child's dining credits linked to us. Anybody know if they can do that?? I know our reservations can be linked, but since one kid is on their reservation I'm curious if anyone has done this.
TheWrightTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sorry, but they won't be able to transfer dining credits between rooms.

What you would need to do is carry the child's KTTW card from the other room, and use it to pay for that child's meals.
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

We book 2 rooms (2 adults, 4 kids) and all of our meals are on the all of the cards. Maybe that is an option. Maybe not, might make matters a whole lot worse. I am sure it would be easier than having that 1 child on another card. I don't "think" that they would be able to just add her to your allotment of credits.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's only an option if both rooms have the same room reservation number. With two persons booking the rooms, there will be two separate room reservations.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

We've done it. Not a huge deal - except if the adults might not keep track of all their snack credits and 'use' some of your kids' credits.

Your child's card will have his/her own credits on it (along with the credits of the two adults in that room) - So for a week-long trip - That child's card and that of the two adults would be 7x3 = 21 CS credits and 7x2=14 adult TS credits and 7x1=7 child TS credits and 21 Snack credits. When you go to a meal with your room plus your 'extra' child - You will give the server 2 KTTW cards - one of yours AND the child's card from the other room. You will 'use' 2 adult and 2 child credits from your own card - and will 'use' one child credit from the child's card who is assigned the other room.

Works out fine - but like I said - occassionally can cause ruffles if the other adults start using up some of your child's credits. So discuss upfront.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

We can book the rooms under one reservation. Thats not a problem and may solve the issue. We would hope for/request joining rooms anyway. I knew we would have to have the 3rd child's kktw card but i thought the meal stuff had to come off the adults' cards. But nevertheless, one reservation number would probably solve it. Thanks!
TheWrightTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
What you would need to do is carry the child's KTTW card from the other room, and use it to pay for that child's meals.
Yes, this is exactly what we did when we were passing my nephew around on one trip.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
We've done it. Not a huge deal - except if the adults might not keep track of all their snack credits and 'use' some of your kids' credits.

Your child's card will have his/her own credits on it (along with the credits of the two adults in that room) - So for a week-long trip - That child's card and that of the two adults would be 7x3 = 21 CS credits and 7x2=14 adult TS credits and 7x1=7 child TS credits and 21 Snack credits. When you go to a meal with your room plus your 'extra' child - You will give the server 2 KTTW cards - one of yours AND the child's card from the other room. You will 'use' 2 adult and 2 child credits from your own card - and will 'use' one child credit from the child's card who is assigned the other room.

Works out fine - but like I said - occassionally can cause ruffles if the other adults start using up some of your child's credits. So discuss upfront.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
Yes, this is exactly what we did when we were passing my nephew around on one trip.

WOW! The DDP is so convenient!
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: