Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
MomoMama
Mouseketeer

Day 7 –Key West

Activities and Characters

Key West was not a must stop for us. We almost did not get off the ship, but decided to go get some key lime yummy. We rode the tram to the Mallory Square, then walked to Kermit’s Key West Key Lime Shoppie. We forgot to bring the map they give you on the ship, but the tram driver had maps and coupons for free water bottles. The Key Lime Shoppie had a nice courtyard with water features where you can sit and enjoy their key lime pie.

Before getting back on the tram, we stopped by the gift shop next to the tram stop. DD broke a necklace at the store (this is why I do not like to shop with a 3-year-old!!!). I told the store I would pay for the damaged merchandise along with another necklace I picked up, but they only charged for the one I was buying. The store name is Conch Tour Train 310, nice people, shop there!

In the afternoon I went back to the spa, while DH took DD to the pool. I bought a day pass again, and was charged for $16, the same price as the pre-purchased price. The spa was more crowded this time, but I was able to sit on the hot stone chair, which was really good for my sore back.

Before going to the show, we saw Pluto at the lobby. Pluto signed the autograph on his nose. I did not know he would do that.

CM said that was a trick Mickey taught him.

The show of the day was “Dreams.” You get to see many characters and DD absolutely loved it.

Before going to dinner, we saw Princess Tiana walking around the deck4, and we were able to get a quick picture with her.

After the dinner we saw Minnie again dressed in her gorgeous gown, since this was semi-formal night. The line was not long this time. If I had known I could have skipped the long line with Minnie on the formal night.

Then we saw Princess Tiana was still walking around the ship. This was when DD became Tiana’s stalker... DD walked up to her a couple of time to say Hi. When it was finally time for Princess Tiana to leave, she took DD’s hand and walked with her. This was another magical moment for DD, walking with a princess.

Mickey wearing tux was also available that night, with a short line.

Dining

I cannot really remember what we ate that day. At Key Lime Shoppie, we had a slice of Key Lime pie and DD had smoothie. I was happy that they had something DD could have.

At dinner they served lobster. I heard their lobster is dry and horrible, but it was not really that bad. Baked lobster is not as moist as steamed one, and that was expected. DH actually liked it and asked for another one.
MomoMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: