Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #1471
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
I DO NOT like the idea that they would hold back FPs for same day that they could randomly offer to others.
For some reason I see this as being VERY similar to the way they distribute PIN codes for discounts. They are targeted to new visitors to the detriment of us loyal visitors. I have yet to see a PIN code, so just pretend they don't exist (well, sort of.....). But yes, I could totally see getting ticked off when someone gets closed out of a favorite ride, then comes back to read reports on the DIS of others being offered those randomly same day.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #1472
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
For some reason I see this as being VERY similar to the way they distribute PIN codes for discounts. They are targeted to new visitors to the detriment of us loyal visitors. I have yet to see a PIN code, so just pretend they don't exist (well, sort of.....). But yes, I could totally see getting ticked off when someone gets closed out of a favorite ride, then comes back to read reports on the DIS of others being offered those randomly same day.
I got a pin code just the other day and we booked with one last year. It had been at least 15 years since I'd seen one before so I have no idea how they work.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #1473
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I get PIN codes periodically because they have my information and I only go every three or four years. They want me to come back sooner than when I schedule by offering an incentive. It won't make me change my mind but they still try.

Their database knows how often and when you go so why offer an incentive if you will be there anyway?
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #1474
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I got a pin code just the other day and we booked with one last year. It had been at least 15 years since I'd seen one before so I have no idea how they work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1 View Post
Actually, I get PIN codes periodically because they have my information and I only go every three or four years. They want me to come back sooner than when I schedule by offering an incentive. It won't make me change my mind but they still try.

Their database knows how often and when you go so why offer an incentive if you will be there anyway?
Do you guys enjoy taunting me?

It's ok. I'm totally over it. Really.

Actually, I fully expect to get one from WDW this year. Because this year I'm headed for DLR.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #1475
4under4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1 View Post
My paranoia is creeping in again and I'm beginning to wonder if this thread is being monitored and we are the most underpaid, unwilling and unwitting focus group Disney has ever had.
If it makes a difference in their decisions, I'm all for being an upaid focus group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
..., one day I will walk out my front door, and a mouse, in a trench coat and shades, is planning to take me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
This is where I'm at right now after all that debate. I know what I want, what I could cope with and what I couldn't cope with. I just hope it's not the last one, but I'm planning for it just in case.

Took me 3+ hours to catch up on all the posts, but well worth it. Thank you one and all for such a civil, intelligent look at all the possibilities.

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #1476
ceemys
DIS Veteran

I still don't like it because my phone doesn't work well in the park. How am I supposed to "optimize" the ride FP if I can't even get the app to work on my phone??

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #1477
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....

This may have been said someplace in the previous 90 pages, but is it possible that this is their plan:

FP+ that you can book 60 days in advance, with tiered Fastpasses.
AND
More FPs released for "day of" guests?

So someone like me can make my one TSMM fastpass reservation 60 days in advance and someone like many of you can continue to accumulate several FPs on the day of, per availability. Maybe they'll release 30-40% for pre-booking and the rest for day of. And you maybe would have to be in the park to get a FP? Or not.

There's got to be day-of FPs available for all the locals, newbies, etc... But it seems silly to restrict those to just 1 Top-tier FP all day.

Has anything "official" been said one way or another about this possibility?

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly
MichiganDVC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #1478
Planogirl

Quote:
Do you guys enjoy taunting me?

It's ok. I'm totally over it. Really.

Actually, I fully expect to get one from WDW this year. Because this year I'm headed for DLR.
I think that you figured out how to get one.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #1479
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post
This may have been said someplace in the previous 90 pages, but is it possible that this is their plan:

AND

So someone like me can make my one TSMM fastpass reservation 60 days in advance and someone like many of you can continue to accumulate several FPs on the day of, per availability. Maybe they'll release 30-40% for pre-booking and the rest for day of. And you maybe would have to be in the park to get a FP? Or not.

There's got to be day-of FPs available for all the locals, newbies, etc... But it seems silly to restrict those to just 1 Top-tier FP all day.

I have read all 99 pages and this part is as clear as mud. No one really knows.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #1480
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

The only thing we have to go on is the Terms and Conditions of the MM+ state that a limited number of pre-booked FP+ will be available and will vary based on timing (time of year, projected park attendance etc). Generally accepted based on tests and word of mouth is that it will be three. No mention of same day FP+ has actually been officially stated. Several posters have speculated on how this program could replace current FP based on ride limitations etc.

The addition today of the interview suggests that the focus will be on pre-booking and use of smart media in the parks. No details have been offered as to in park, same day FP+.
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #1481
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

The Simpsons WOW what an imagination Gotta get over there

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:42 AM   #1482
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post

AND

As others have said, nobody really knows. One of the Disneyland bloggers stated as a fact that day of FPs would eventually go away. FP machines would eventually be removed.

But of course we don't know for sure.

The thing to remember though is Disney spent at least a $1 billion on this (given how behind schedule it is, they have probably spent significantly more than that). That's enough to build an entire park. What does that mean to us? It means they are going to be looking to make large sums of $'s on this. So I find it highly unlikely that they are going to make NOT using My Magic+ to be much of a viable alternative. MM+ can't just be something nice to use, it's going to have to be a must have. Hopefully that means it will be really cool, but I'm afraid it also is going to mean taking away other options so even if it isn't so cool, we're still going to need it.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #1483
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

deleted

Last edited by Rileygirl; 06-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Rileygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #1484
4under4
DIS Veteran

As I lay in bed last night trying to fall asleep with visions of possible scenarios running rampant through my head, I suddenly remembered reading about the FL expansion and a series of pics popped into my head. Quick google this morning and I found what I was looking for...

Wouldn't it be horrible if people actually went LOOKING for outlets, plopping themselves down in odd places in order to get a quick charge... while waiting for their FP return time . I can just see the threads now: "Post Your Latest Outlet Location Discoveries~Updated Dec2014"

Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #1485
4under4
DIS Veteran

Rileygirl you better be careful or everyone's going to start thinking that you are really working for the darkside, and this entire thread has been your sly way to kick around all the ways US can beat the big D

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: