Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Chef Mickey's vs Goofy's Kitchen

So I am new to these WDW boards, and I was just reading a thread on the numerous bad reviews regarding Chef Mickey's. On the otherhand, I read numerous bad reviews for Goofy's Kitchen at DLR. However, we love Goofy's Kitchen.

So, for those of you that have been to both, how would you compare the two? They both offer breakfast & dinner. I am looking to book Chef Mickey's for dinner, and we have only had 1 experience at Goofy's for dinner, which was just this past December. (If Ohana's had the character dinner option, we would do Mickey's for breakfast).

Thanks for your input!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

We had lunch at goofy's kitchen in February and breakfast at chef mickey's 2 weeks ago. I thought the food at both was pretty much the same, as far as quality goes. We liked what we had at both locations. Our goofy's kitchen reservation was for 1pm (I think) so we had a mix of breakfast items and lunch items. Chef Mickey's was just breakfast and as far as the breakfast items go they were pretty much identical. The Mickey waffles were equally good at both locations.

As far as atmosphere, I think chef Mickey's wins that one. The restaurant was bright and they do a napkin dance where the kids get to twirl the napkins. We saw the fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, goofy, Donald and Pluto). I'm not sure if it was just our table location or the whole restaurant, but it was a bit dimmer at goofy's kitchen. And no dance. But the characters were more diverse. We saw goofy, Pluto, chip & dale, baloo, rafiki and sleeping beauty.

Either way, I think you will have a good time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyPrnces View Post
We had lunch at goofy's kitchen in February and breakfast at chef mickey's 2 weeks ago. I thought the food at both was pretty much the same, as far as quality goes. We liked what we had at both locations. Our goofy's kitchen reservation was for 1pm (I think) so we had a mix of breakfast items and lunch items. Chef Mickey's was just breakfast and as far as the breakfast items go they were pretty much identical. The Mickey waffles were equally good at both locations.

As far as atmosphere, I think chef Mickey's wins that one. The restaurant was bright and they do a napkin dance where the kids get to twirl the napkins. We saw the fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, goofy, Donald and Pluto). I'm not sure if it was just our table location or the whole restaurant, but it was a bit dimmer at goofy's kitchen. And no dance. But the characters were more diverse. We saw goofy, Pluto, chip & dale, baloo, rafiki and sleeping beauty.

Either way, I think you will have a good time.
Thank you. That's the comparison I was looking for. I think we will enjoy Chef Mickeys as well.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

We've had breakfast and lunch at both Goofy's Kitchen and Chef Mickey's. I agree with DznyPrnces that the food quality is comparable between the two places (ok, not great). On atmosphere, the edge goes to CM. Nothing like the monorails gliding overhead.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: