DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #2731
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatechfan99 View Post
Just got ROFR'ed by Disney and had to vent about it. I'm really shocked they did this on this one.

It was for 200 points at BCV, Feb UY, at $77/point. There were about 80 points left from the 2013 UY and then full after that. To me, the kicker that made me think they wouldn't want it is the closing was to be delayed until 12/5. I just didn't think they would want a contract that had to be held that long until they closed on it, not to mention that the price was more than others have been reporting them buying back. Argh! Curious if other people have lost contracts to Disney that had such a prolonged closing date on them.
I'm shocked, I would never have guessed that a contract without all the current points and with a far out closing date would have been taken in ROFR.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #2732
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Just got ROFR'ed by Disney and had to vent about it. I'm really shocked they did this on this one.

It was for 200 points at BCV, Feb UY, at $77/point. There were about 80 points left from the 2013 UY and then full after that. To me, the kicker that made me think they wouldn't want it is the closing was to be delayed until 12/5. I just didn't think they would want a contract that had to be held that long until they closed on it, not to mention that the price was more than others have been reporting them buying back. Argh! Curious if other people have lost contracts to Disney that had such a prolonged closing date on them.
Yikes. So sorry to hear this! They are seriously doing some crazy things lately.

From what I have gathered, it's always been tough to try and figure out what they are going to do, but it's been SO unpredictable lately.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #2733
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wow, that is shocking.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #2734
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WOW NOW I have heard it all I am shocked!!!!! That price, not all the points and a delayed closing - I don't get it - sorry this happened!

dbs1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #2735
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Did the sellers pay the MFs? I see a lot of them ROFR'd when the seller pays the maintenance fees.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
WL - 10/15
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #2736
Pbuttadad
Earning My Ears

Wow! This really makes me uncomfortable about my bwv that I should be hearing back by next week. Bummer.
Pbuttadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #2737
gatechfan99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaurer74 View Post
Did the sellers pay the MFs? I see a lot of them ROFR'd when the seller pays the maintenance fees.
The MFs were paid by the sellers. That was part of their offer. It seemed reasonable to me because I was getting the contract so late in the year with just a low percentage of that year's points, so I was happy to agree with that offer.

I guess next time, if I find a similar offer I like, I'll offer to pay the MFs even if they are offering just to further minimize my ROFR risk.
gatechfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #2738
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatechfan99

The MFs were paid by the sellers. That was part of their offer. It seemed reasonable to me because I was getting the contract so late in the year with just a low percentage of that year's points, so I was happy to agree with that offer.

I guess next time, if I find a similar offer I like, I'll offer to pay the MFs even if they are offering just to further minimize my ROFR risk.
Yeah I think the maintenance fees come into play but wow I'm surprised too!
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #2739
balletgirl2
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Ugh! THat makes me really nervous for my contract I'm waiting to hear about, 300 BCV $75pp submitted 5/7. The kicker for me is I have also been on the direct wait list for 180 points BCV since Feb and my guide "guaranteed" it would only take 6-8 weeks for a contract. Fast forward almost 4 months and not a word. I'm also peeved because I told my guide to call me when VGF was available for purchase because that was my original plan B if BCV didn't work out and she has yet to call me. I guesse she's not to eager for a sale.

I have never tried so hard to spend money.
balletgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #2740
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletgirl2 View Post

Ugh! THat makes me really nervous for my contract I'm waiting to hear about, 300 BCV $75pp submitted 5/7. The kicker for me is I have also been on the direct wait list for 180 points BCV since Feb and my guide "guaranteed" it would only take 6-8 weeks for a contract. Fast forward almost 4 months and not a word. I'm also peeved because I told my guide to call me when VGF was available for purchase because that was my original plan B if BCV didn't work out and she has yet to call me. I guesse she's not to eager for a sale.

I hate to always compare these situations to myself, but it's hard not to. I'm 50/50 whether I will pass next week also. 125 points, split into 2 contracts (100 and 25) VWL, Dec use year, $79pp, buyer pays closing, seller and buyer split 2013 MF's. Aug closing, all points coming Dec on.

My broker said to expect to hear Mon or Tues. but the anticipation is killing me. Especially with these RANDOM ROFR's

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #2741
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry to hear you lost your contract to the mouse! How far into ROFR were you when they took it ? Hope you find something else soon so you can start enjoying some points- good luck in your search!
NoleFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #2742
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletgirl2 View Post

I was on WL for HHI points back in January. I went off WL when we found a 100 point AKV contract that we wanted. When I called my guide, I told her that we wanted off the WL and she kinda tried to salespitch me about staying on it and I told her we decided we didn't want HHI points and that we wanted to add on at an Epcot area resort. She told me the pricing for BCV and BWV and even looked at the WL and I said we were about to head to WDW (1/25) and stay at BCV for the 1st time and would decide after the trip. This was not really why we were cancelling the WL...we just didn't want her to know we were buying a resale (didn't want it to get ROFRd on us). I am interested in a BCV or BWV add on but not likely anytime soon. I thought she would call us after our trip and she never did. Anyway....good luck with ROFR...hope you hear soon.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #2743
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I think you offer was good. I can't fathom paying MF on 2013 points when the seller has used a good portion of them anyway, especially when you offered $77/point on a 200-point contract which, a month ago, was a reasonable offer for BCV. That's just one of the reasons so many of us are blown away by Disney ROFR'ing this one.

The only thing I can think of is UY. February is the first UY of the year. Maybe it's in high demand?

I assume this was through TSS. There were a number of BCV with Feb UY purchased in the last month but nearly all were stripped contracts. If you can believe it, yours was probably the least stripped contract with a Feb UY. Some had essentially no points for 2013 and 2014!
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #2744
Pbuttadad
Earning My Ears

Wow! This really makes me uncomfortable about my bwv that I should be hearing back by next week. Bummer.
Pbuttadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #2745
danana
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
I hate to always compare these situations to myself, but it's hard not to. I'm 50/50 whether I will pass next week also. 125 points, split into 2 contracts (100 and 25) VWL, Dec use year, $79pp, buyer pays closing, seller and buyer split 2013 MF's. Aug closing, all points coming Dec on.

My broker said to expect to hear Mon or Tues. but the anticipation is killing me. Especially with these RANDOM ROFR's

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We're also expecting to hear about our BLT contract that was submitted on 5/6, next Monday or Tuesday. Hearing this particular ROFR story is just a bit unsettling to say the least.

Oh well, if it does happen to get ROFR'd early next week, we'll be at Disneyland/VGC and that will help soften the blow.
danana is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: