Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #151
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagyo View Post
Have fun in Disney tomorrow! I just realized we'll be there the same time in August, hope I get a chance to run into you!
Thank you!! Yes feel free to say hello if you see me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Thanks for the update. I always stop in front of the Mary Poppins horse and just stare for a minute. I admire Julie Andrews so much.

Enjoy your trip!
You are very welcome. So do I! She's just wonderful.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #152
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

FRIED SHRIMP ON A BURGER?! Holy crap. I need to try that.

The Writer’s Stop! UGH PERFECTION. I just want to sit in there for a while and read a book. That’s all. And eat some yummy food OF COURSE.

The real DHS icon =

P.S. Hope you are having a magical time in WDW right now!!!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #153
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I hope you're having a great time in WDW right now! Also, it just occurred to me that you're going to be in DL really soon as well! I just started a DL dining review (with lots of bonus pics!) if you're interested when you get back.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #154
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

i don't believe i only just found this! Anyway i'm all caught up now!
By the way, i hope you and the girls have a great trip, i'll be followin along on instagram!
Anyway, i am really enjoying this dining review! its like a trip report only with a side of FOOD!!! Anything with extra food is in my good books!

TR- AHHH!!! Not another EMH morning! A July/August told by a teen!

MagicalMerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #155
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

All caught up. First I have to say that you always take the most amazing pictures of the castle. The angles are great and the colors are so vibrant. Do you do a lot of editing or do you have an amazing camera? (or you can just say you are a fabulous photographer. )

We eat at the ABC Commissary a lot because we always seem to find ourselves in that area when we get hungry. I wouldn't say it's the best CS ever, but it's not bad at all. I get the Chicken Blue sandwich and it is consistently good.

I've never been to the Writer's Stop, but apparently it has amazing treats!

Hope you are having a wonderful trip w/ your friends! I was looking at your tickers and noticed that we will be at Disneyland at the same time. AND we are going to Vegas first too! It would be fun to run into you somewhere. I think we will be at Disneyland on June 24 - 26.
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #156
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
FRIED SHRIMP ON A BURGER?! Holy crap. I need to try that.

The Writer’s Stop! UGH PERFECTION. I just want to sit in there for a while and read a book. That’s all. And eat some yummy food OF COURSE.

The real DHS icon =

P.S. Hope you are having a magical time in WDW right now!!!
It was very good!

I love it so much in there.

Teheheh

I had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I hope you're having a great time in WDW right now! Also, it just occurred to me that you're going to be in DL really soon as well! I just started a DL dining review (with lots of bonus pics!) if you're interested when you get back.
I had so much fun, thank you! Ah yes I definitely want to check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalMerida View Post
i don't believe i only just found this! Anyway i'm all caught up now!
By the way, i hope you and the girls have a great trip, i'll be followin along on instagram!
Anyway, i am really enjoying this dining review! its like a trip report only with a side of FOOD!!! Anything with extra food is in my good books!
Yay! Thanks for joining in! Thanks! I had a lot of fun! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
All caught up. First I have to say that you always take the most amazing pictures of the castle. The angles are great and the colors are so vibrant. Do you do a lot of editing or do you have an amazing camera? (or you can just say you are a fabulous photographer. )

We eat at the ABC Commissary a lot because we always seem to find ourselves in that area when we get hungry. I wouldn't say it's the best CS ever, but it's not bad at all. I get the Chicken Blue sandwich and it is consistently good.

I've never been to the Writer's Stop, but apparently it has amazing treats!

Hope you are having a wonderful trip w/ your friends! I was looking at your tickers and noticed that we will be at Disneyland at the same time. AND we are going to Vegas first too! It would be fun to run into you somewhere. I think we will be at Disneyland on June 24 - 26.
Thank you very much! Anything you've seen up till now is actually from my Sony point-and-shoot, but I recently got a DSLR so starting from the trip I just got back from, the pictures will be much better! Thank you! I do use iPhoto, but mainly just for red-eye and cropping.

I would agree. Once you find a consistent item, it becomes a great go-to place!

It definitely does! I love it there!

Thanks! I will be in Disneyland on those dates too! Feel free to say hello if you see me!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 06-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #157
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Yay!! Welcome back. I'l be at Disneyland from June 25 to 27. I'll say hi if I see you. -Amanda
Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #158
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Yay!! Welcome back. I'l be at Disneyland from June 25 to 27. I'll say hi if I see you. -Amanda
Thanks! Yes please do! I love to meet DISers!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 06-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #159
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

How did I not know that you had a new TR going!?
Ontario section on LC!! Woot woot! Being from Ontario myself I always love to hear about how people were seated in our lovely trillium section.

That Jafar wanted poster pin is the last one I need to complete that set! How jealous am I that you found it. I'm keeping my fingers crosse that I find it during my trip this August.
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #160
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aw, I just saw your little shout out to me and Joni you posted before the trip! I'm so sad we couldn't meet up! I'm positive that another opportunity will present itself someday though!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #161
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
How did I not know that you had a new TR going!?
Ontario section on LC!! Woot woot! Being from Ontario myself I always love to hear about how people were seated in our lovely trillium section.

That Jafar wanted poster pin is the last one I need to complete that set! How jealous am I that you found it. I'm keeping my fingers crosse that I find it during my trip this August.
Well I'm glad you found it!

We had a lovely meal there! Heheh.

I have to find a few more for that! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aw, I just saw your little shout out to me and Joni you posted before the trip! I'm so sad we couldn't meet up! I'm positive that another opportunity will present itself someday though!
I am SO SO SO sad that I couldn't see you guys! Someday!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #162
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 9: Sanaa

August 18th, 2012

Hey everyone! I'm back from Disney and just getting my life together in time to go to Disneyland! Life is good. I want to get as many updates done as possible before I leave again, but my Mom just had surgery today and I'll be taking care of her for the next week while she recovers, so I am not sure how much time I'll have. If you could all keep her in your thoughts and prayers though, I would really appreciate it. However, in the next week I'd like to get some updates done and provide you all with a little PTR update on all of the exciting plans for the Bicoastal Escapade with Dave and Mike! And now, on with the food!

------------------------------------------------------------

We got back to the villa from DHS and I changed for dinner in literally a minute and a half. We were running late! I headed down to Sanaa and checked us in and then waited for the rest of the fam.

They arrived shortly afterwards and we were seated at a beautiful window table without even asking! Score!

I love the decor in Sanaa. It is so beautiful and authentic. Definitely one of the most beautiful atmospheres of all the WDW restaurants.

Our server was a very attractive guy named Josh. He was SO good-looking.

We ordered Mango Lassis and other smoothies around, as well as Perrier and Evian (we asked for water...I'm good with just tap! Helloooo royal treatment!) in beautiful wine glasses. It was a lovely start to an excellent meal.

For his meal, Scott ordered the Sustainable Fish with shrimp, scallops and seasonal accompaniments. I have ordered this dish at Sanaa before and it is incredible! The fish is seasoned and cooked perfectly and the shrimp and scallops are tender and perfect. The broth is delightful. It's perfect! It was a fish similar to salmon on this night, I believe. A bit milder though. Yummo.

Mom ordered the Butter Chicken and Shrimp in green curry sauce with Five-Grain Pilaf. She loved this! The chicken was melt-in-your-mouth perfection and the shrimp had excellent flavor. The rice was great with the sauces! Unfortunately, that particular shrimp is no longer on the menu, but there are plenty of other excellent choices!

Closeup on the chicken:

Shrimp:

And the rice:

Delicious.

Sarah also had the Butter Chicken, but with the Beef Short Ribs (also no longer on the menu) and Basmati Rice. She STILL talks about the Butter Chicken. She cannot WAIT to get it again in August. It's that good. It's her new favorite thing. She loved the short ribs as well, and she loved putting the sauce from them on her rice. Yummo.

I went with the Tandoori Chicken, and OH MY was this a good idea. The flavor was incomparable. I LOVE Tandoori ANYTHING. So delicious. This was perfect. The flavors, the sauce...it was all just one of the best things I've ever eaten. And I have eaten A LOT of things.

I was a happy Frump.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 06-13-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #163
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 10: Sanaa (Cont'd)

August 18th, 2012

Pretty soon it was time for dessert! Mom had the Mango-Berry Tapioca Pudding, which is right up her alley. It was delicious.

Scott had the Rice Pudding, which you actually pour the sauce over. It was definitely different, but he's all about that and enjoyed it!

Sarah went with the Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Mint Sorbet.

How can you go wrong with that? It was delicious! She loved it.

For my dessert, I went with an old Sanaa favorite, the Dessert Trio! It includes that same Chocolate Cake, Tropical Fruit Kulfi, and Chai Cream. OHHH THE NOMS. The cake was moist and wonderfully chocolatey, and the Kulfi never fails to be amazing. It is light and flavorful, and perfectly fruity! I love it. And last but most certainly not least, the Chai Cream. OHHH the Chai Cream. If you don't like chai, then you definitely wouldn't like this. But I happen to love Chai! AND THIS IS HEAVENLY. The texture is so smooth and delightful, and the chai flavor is unique and a savory contrast to the other two members of the trio. I love everything about this dessert. I wish I could have it now.

The Chocolate Cake, or Trio Member Numero Uno:

Numero Dos, the Tropical Fruit Kulfi:

And Numero Tres, the Chai Cream:

YUM YUM YUM. This meal was nothing short of fantastic, and we can't wait to be back!

After dinner, we wandered outside, where a bonfire was happening by the savanna.

Yes, you can have a bonfire and watch wild African animals roam, all while staying out of harms way and having a nice chat or reading a good book.

They don't call it the place where dreams come true for nothin'!

It was a beautiful evening.

Just look at that sky:

Sisters at the DVC home:

Sarah enjoying the fire:

Such a frumpy face.

Our Zebra friend:

It's just so peaceful there:

The gorgeous lobby:

Mom, Scott and Sarah went to spend the evening by the pool...

While I grabbed a book, a seat by the fire, and spent my evening reading. I called Allie and talked to her for a little bit as well.

A while after it got dark, the fam came back down to the savanna and we used the night vision goggles to watch the animals. It was SO cool! And the CM's were very knowledgable and friendly. AKL is such a great place to spend time if you want a non-park evening. It's beautiful and there are constantly new activities (that are awesome) to do with the whole family.

After a bit we all headed up to get ready for bed. Goodnight Kidani!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 06-14-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #164
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Yay updates!!

Wishing for a speedy recovery for your mom!

as if I didn't want to visit/stay at AKL bad enough, your pictures just make me want to go MORE
leopardmickeyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #165
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
Yay updates!!

Wishing for a speedy recovery for your mom!

as if I didn't want to visit/stay at AKL bad enough, your pictures just make me want to go MORE
Thank you very much!

I hope you get to stay there someday! I just love it so much.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: