Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
mich723
Earning My Ears

DDP Expiration

I have a questiion about the dining plan. My friend and I will be staying at Disney for 7 days, 6 nights. We chose to get the dining plan with our package stay.

I noticed Disney says: All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort Refillable Mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.

Now on our checkout date, we have an afternoon flight. We'll be grabbing breakfast in MK before we leave. Now is my dining package expired on my checkout date? So if I have a table service left over on my last day I won't be able to use it?

I just wanted to make sure of the information, so I can plan accordingly.
mich723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
gincz24
Earning My Ears

Your ddp should be good till midnight on the day you check out. So it won't expire until midnight on day 7. So your breakfast should be ok as ling as you haven't used all your table service meals.
gincz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich723 View Post
I have a questiion about the dining plan. My friend and I will be staying at Disney for 7 days, 6 nights. We chose to get the dining plan with our package stay.

I noticed Disney says: All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort Refillable Mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.

Now on our checkout date, we have an afternoon flight. We'll be grabbing breakfast in MK before we leave. Now is my dining package expired on my checkout date? So if I have a table service left over on my last day I won't be able to use it?

You will get 1 TS and 1 CS and 1 Snack for each night (not the number of days) for each person. So in your case 6 of each per person.

All unused meals and snacks and the ability to use your Resort Refillable Mug expire at midnight on your package reservation checkout date.

Last edited by bdklein; 05-29-2013 at 10:50 AM.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich723 View Post

Midnight on your checkout date means the midnight that occurs AFTER you checkout not before.

So if I checked out today May 29th at 11 am (which is standard check out time), I would then still have until midnight tonight (another 13 hours from checkout) to use my credits
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As others have said, your credits will remain valid until the end of the day you check out. To help, I usually think of it as "11:59 pm" on the day you check out because midnight sometimes means the end of a day or the start of the day depending on the person.

You will get all of the credits allocated on the first day. So let's say there are two of you on the regular DDP. You'll have 12 TS, 12 QS, 12 snacks, and 2 refillable mugs allotted to you when you check in. You can use them in any combination you want (i.e., if you wanted to have two TS meals in one day, you can do that). In other words, you do not have to have 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack per day if you didn't want to. Have fun!
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: