Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

And at some TS places you could easily go in and feed 2 adults and one child for $50 plus tax easily. Especially if you aren't trying to order Steak at every meal or get the most expensive thing on the menu.

Places like T-Rex, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest, House of Blues, Olivia's...you can easily get entrees for an adult for $20 or less. Kids $10 or less.

If we aren't using the dining plan we would never order desserts anyway. We just don't eat desserts even at home. So I don't consider that part of our expense when comparing how cheaply I can eat paying OOP vs Dining plan.

Everybody getting dessert pads the bill and pads the servers tip. Even if you don't want dessert they really push it on you hard to pad the bill.

Even at an expensive buffet like Cape May you can feed 2 adults and one child for less than $100.

The benefit to having the dining plan comes in if you do want dessert at every meal and you plan on using up your snack credits and using your mug.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
JVig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
And at some TS places you could easily go in and feed 2 adults and one child for $50 plus tax easily. Especially if you aren't trying to order Steak at every meal or get the most expensive thing on the menu.

Places like T-Rex, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest, House of Blues, Olivia's...you can easily get entrees for an adult for $20 or less. Kids $10 or less.

If we aren't using the dining plan we would never order desserts anyway. We just don't eat desserts even at home. So I don't consider that part of our expense when comparing how cheaply I can eat paying OOP vs Dining plan.

Everybody getting dessert pads the bill and pads the servers tip. Even if you don't want dessert they really push it on you hard to pad the bill.

Even at an expensive buffet like Cape May you can feed 2 adults and one child for less than $100.

The benefit to having the dining plan comes in if you do want dessert at every meal and you plan on using up your snack credits and using your mug.
Even if you DO order steak, its not over $100 from what I've looked at. If I go to Be Our Guest and my husband and I both order steak and my daughter also gets steak, the total for food is $76.57 (32.99 per adult steak dinner; 10.59 for child). Add soft drinks at 2.99 each, I'm still not hitting $100. Like you, we are not big dessert eaters so I'm not including that because we wouldn't normally order it if paying OOP.
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #18
Tanyabeth8
Mouseketeer

If you're going in September can you get the free dining plan that is offered in September? I wonder if that is what she was trying to offer you because September's free dining is offered if you book before July 31st. I have a feeling she was trying to help you out because FREE dining is a great deal
Tanyabeth8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I've never had them tell me anything false, but I have had them try to sell me the dining plan at CRO, like "are you sure you don't want it, it's a great deal" sort of thing. Sorry, but I've already decided it's not a great deal for me. that's why if I need to book a resort that isn't DVC, I book online now.

DVC always asks if I want it, but they don't push if I say no.

Quote:
The phone CMs have been in a habit of quoting either high season pricing, or sometimes even next year's (before they are released!)
Where are they getting $30 per night for children? Even the deluxe plan isn't $30 per night for children.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #20
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Where are they getting $30 per night for children? Even the deluxe plan isn't $30 per night for children.
The only thing that makes remote sense is the seasonal/holiday pricing of DxDDP kids rounded up to the nearest 10 (it's like $28.91 I think if I remember from 20 seconds ago when I checked...) (They could very well have said "around $30"). Of course, it's still wrong in general...

I do remember them for the past couple years quoting the next year's pricing though. We had a thread on it here at one time . I remember it specifically because I was bored and laid out the proof that it wasn't true. (Then, surprise surprise when next year came out and the prices matched the original quote!)

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: