Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #541
Kendal
DIS Veteran

Bottom line is no one here knows exactly what happened we all like to assume Disney done what they we are supposed to do I not a lawyer I don't know if this was handled the way it should of been in my opinion if there was any wrong doin on dianey a behalf I assume there would of been a law suit..... We all can either back Disney or put down Disney but like I said I assume they went by the law or there would of been a big problem brought to Disney by our government or te Bahamian government... Bottom line is we can't judge Disney for what we think is right or wrong.. They have laws to abide by wether we like it or not... And we have to hope they did what was right by te laws they have got... Disney I'm sure wants to do what is right or no one woul want to go to Disney or cruise dcl... Am I right about this??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #542
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
I want to make one thing perfectly clear Stace!

I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT ARTICLE!

AKK
LOL!

Maybe the Orlando news got it wrong and it was really CCL that dropped the ball?! Yeah, that's prolly it....
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #543
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal View Post
Bottom line is no one here knows exactly what happened we all like to assume Disney done what they we are supposed to do I not a lawyer I don't know if this was handled the way it should of been in my opinion if there was any wrong doin on dianey a behalf I assume there would of been a law suit..... We all can either back Disney or put down Disney but like I said I assume they went by the law or there would of been a big problem brought to Disney by our government or te Bahamian government... Bottom line is we can't judge Disney for what we think is right or wrong.. They have laws to abide by wether we like it or not... And we have to hope they did what was right by te laws they have got... Disney I'm sure wants to do what is right or no one woul want to go to Disney or cruise dcl... Am I right about this??

I completely agree. If DCL did not break any laws, I don't expect more of a for-profit corporation. I don't look for pixie dust and magic when it comes to legal procedures/security investigations. I would hope that FL or the Feds would have been interested in prosecuting DCL for illegal acts back in Aug, if any had been committed. And if authorities wont pick on Disney, shame on them for making our laws useless. I also think major news outlets would have picked up the story if there were illegal acts by DCL.

If you don't like DCL's legal policies and procedures you need to let them know with a letter and your wallet. The legal minimum isn't always what I agree with but I can also understand when a company just complies with the law.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #544
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogillio View Post
LOL!

Maybe the Orlando news got it wrong and it was really CCL that dropped the ball?! Yeah, that's prolly it....
That's it Rogillio, we will blame the newspaper!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #545
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
I completely agree. If DCL did not break any laws, I don't expect more of a for-profit corporation. I don't look for pixie dust and magic when it comes to legal procedures/security investigations. I would hope that FL or the Feds would have been interested in prosecuting DCL for illegal acts back in Aug, if any had been committed. And if authorities wont pick on Disney, shame on them for making our laws useless. I also think major news outlets would have picked up the story if there were illegal acts by DCL.

If you don't like DCL's legal policies and procedures you need to let them know with a letter and your wallet. The legal minimum isn't always what I agree with but I can also understand when a company just complies with the law.
Someone posted a while ago that the law requiring cruise ships to notify local/ state or the FBI of sex crimes while onboard did not go into effect until October 2012, after this incident.

Assuming that is correct DCL did not break the law.................

AKK
Old 05-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #546
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post

Agree. I've been deposed in lawsuits and advised by attorneys to answer the question asked and then shut up! Do not volunteer any information even if you think it helps and/or seems benign. Disney is not accused of breaking any laws...well, sans some DIS accusations. Answering questions would only inflame more questions.
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14
Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #547
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella29 View Post

Texas is so right! This is what it comes down to.... they had the information and the time to let the FL police handle it, but they chose not to. From all appearances this was an intentional act to keep the crime quiet at the expense of letting a child molester escape US jailtime. I would like to hear from Disney whether this was an error on the part of the Captain/someone in the DCL head office (and the mistake has been appropriately dealt with), or if this is their standard operating procedure.
Jumping to a lot of conclusions here. We don't know nearly enough facts to jump to those conclusions.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #548
Kendal
DIS Veteran

Amen to that... Why can't people let it be yes I feel sorry for the girl and family but we can't accuse unless we know facts!!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #549
rhorsley
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Someone posted a while ago that the law requiring cruise ships to notify local/ state or the FBI of sex crimes while onboard did not go into effect until October 2012, after this incident.

Assuming that is correct DCL did not break the law.................

AKK
The legislation quoted on the DCL site is from 2010. You can check it out under safety at the bottom of the home page.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #550
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogillio View Post
The question is, why is it NOT a national story? Why haven't any other news agencies vetted the story and/or did their own investgative jouralism. I don't buy everything that is printed or that new people report. I just don't. I've seen far too many times recently (hint NBC news) where tapes were altered specifically to make a news story totally twisting the facts! It happens all the time! Not saying it happened this time but when you only have one source, it is suspect.

If you think you "deserve answers" then let Disney know by not vacationing with them. You are right, the innuendo and specualtion will continue but until you get a national audience, it's down in the noise and won't compel Disney to do anything.

you're contradicting yourself...on one hand you want to claim there's some lack of credibility to this story since its not a national news story....yet on the other hand you talk about the news twisting the facts and mention a national news outlet- it sounds confused....

but if somehow the story won't have "credibility" in your opinion until it goes mainstream media (or lamestream media) all i can say is good luck......
Old 05-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #551
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

some gets it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka's skipper View Post
i can understand the grandmother. We are talking about a 11 year old girl, from a foreign country, scare out of her wits and had already been asked a lot of questions about something she's been traumatized about.

You know with our screwed up legal system, with all the judges and lawyers busy making things best for the predator and not the victims. They would have put that poor girl though hell and back is interviews and testimony in a trial.

The grandmother was to my way of thinking was protecting the child.........i understand your feelings in asking why did she do press charges, but i can see and understand she was protecting her granddaughter.

Akk
amen end of storyy
DISNEY MAGIC FEB 9-13, 2013
DISNEYLAND 1954 OPENING YEAR & 1977
WDW 1972 OPENING YEAR
WDW 1974 THROUGH JUNE 2013 CAN'T COUNT
HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW 21 TIMES
RIVER COUNTRY
ROAD STEAM TRAIN IN FT WILDERNESS
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #552
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
you're contradicting yourself...on one hand you want to claim there's some lack of credibility to this story since its not a national news story....yet on the other hand you talk about the news twisting the facts and mention a national news outlet- it sounds confused....

but if somehow the story won't have "credibility" in your opinion until it goes mainstream media (or lamestream media) all i can say is good luck......

It is all over the internet now. Where many people get their news/travel info. Twitter, Youtube (video comes up when searching for DCL videos-not good), every major Disney fan site with message boards has long threads on it, Facebook groups about DCL, travel agent forums, Cruise Critic, etc.
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #553
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can understand the Grandmother. We are talking about a 11 year old girl, from a foreign country, scare out of her wits and had already been asked a lot of questions about something she's been traumatized about.

You know with our screwed up legal system, with all the judges and lawyers busy making things best for the predator and not the victims. They would have put that poor girl though hell and back is interviews and testimony in a trial.

The grandmother was to my way of thinking was protecting the child.........I understand your feelings in asking why did she do press charges, but I can see and understand she was protecting her granddaughter.

AKK
my only question is, and i don't know the answer, do charges need to be pressed by the victim in the case of assault/sexual assault of a minor when there's video evidence at hand???
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #554
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
my only question is, and i don't know the answer, do charges need to be pressed by the victim in the case of assault/sexual assault of a minor when there's video evidence at hand???
That is a question I do not have a answer too. Maybe someone in law enforcement or a lawyer in reading could help us with.

AKK
Old 05-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #555
Bella29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnDRader View Post
Jumping to a lot of conclusions here. We don't know nearly enough facts to jump to those conclusions.
If you are saying that I am jumping to conclusions regarding the timeline of what happened in the first two hours, I disagree. We have the timeline constructed from the timestamped video and a reputable reporter's report of DCL's own incident report.

The rest I said is appearances. Until DCL explains their actions, we can only go on the apparent motive for their actions.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: