Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #2161
Brixton
From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to the Wonder

I missed Christiaan, but Lesley was funny! I'm VERY thankful Richard granted my server request on Embarkation Day...Daniel is AWESOME & we enjoy him! Unfortunately, we are still waiting for a DCL room steward who knows our names & dinner seating...and who replaces the shampoo every couple of days.

All in all, a WONDERful cruise & we can't wait to go again next year

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #2162
neg58
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let everyone know that all the arrangements I made, many with the help of you here, worked out great. We all flew in to FLL from different areas of the country, took SAS to downtown Miami (met Lexi and family in the shuttle), stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (convenient but not great), taxied to the port. All very easy.

In Los Angeles, took the Supershuttle to LAX. I was stressed because the last flight out for me that day was 11:50 am, but we did walk off and we were through customs before 9, got right to the shuttle, and were checked in to our flight before 10. Supershuttle was half the price of the Disney transfers.

The thing I was disappointed in on the ship was crowd control. There wasn't enough room for Capt. Puckett's talks, there weren't enough loungers on deck 4 (I swear there were many more when I was on the ship at Christmas), lines too long at BBB. When we returned from Cartagena it was about 1:45 and BBB was set to close at 2 and already one side of the buffet had closed. Several of the tour buses returned right when we did. The CM at BBB said it was closing in 10 minutes, so we went out to Plutos, which was very crowded. Later learned that they kept BBB open until 3:30. Well, it doesn't do any good if they don't announce it! Maybe they were telling people as they reboarded the ship, but they didn't make any announcements up on deck and we were led to believe they were about to close when we were at BBB. Things like that.

I also found GS not to be sharp this cruise. No matter what I asked, the CM had to go in the back room and check on it. One ran a gift card I had and something happened and I wasn't credited for it for 4 days. No airline check in at GS. Gave me a hard time about getting an item signed. Just didn't find them outstanding (except one guy who gave me batteries for my camera on Canal day at 6 am!).

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #2163
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that all the arrangements I made, many with the help of you here, worked out great. We all flew in to FLL from different areas of the country, took SAS to downtown Miami (met Lexi and family in the shuttle), stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (convenient but not great), taxied to the port. All very easy.

In Los Angeles, took the Supershuttle to LAX. I was stressed because the last flight out for me that day was 11:50 am, but we did walk off and we were through customs before 9, got right to the shuttle, and were checked in to our flight before 10. Supershuttle was half the price of the Disney transfers.

The thing I was disappointed in on the ship was crowd control. There wasn't enough room for Capt. Puckett's talks, there weren't enough loungers on deck 4 (I swear there were many more when I was on the ship at Christmas), lines too long at BBB. When we returned from Cartagena it was about 1:45 and BBB was set to close at 2 and already one side of the buffet had closed. Several of the tour buses returned right when we did. The CM at BBB said it was closing in 10 minutes, so we went out to Plutos, which was very crowded. Later learned that they kept BBB open until 3:30. Well, it doesn't do any good if they don't announce it! Maybe they were telling people as they reboarded the ship, but they didn't make any announcements up on deck and we were led to believe they were about to close when we were at BBB. Things like that.

I also found GS not to be sharp this cruise. No matter what I asked, the CM had to go in the back room and check on it. One ran a gift card I had and something happened and I wasn't credited for it for 4 days. No airline check in at GS. Gave me a hard time about getting an item signed. Just didn't find them outstanding (except one guy who gave me batteries for my camera on Canal day at 6 am!).

Nancy
Now think how crowded would be if ship was in full capacity. I have been on a ship where there is 100s of kids and full of adults...and waiting is looong....last year on Hawaiian cruise and this WBPC to me has a lot less waiting everywhere.....

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #2164
yukongirl123
DIS Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
we arrived home about 11:30 last night. I am almost unpacked, just 2 bacKpacks to go. Our daughter and her hubby arrive tomorrow for a visit. We had a wonderful trip and hope you all did as well. Our serving team was Carlo and Steven. We agreed that in 14 cruises Carlo is the best we have had. He did so many extras for us. Steven was wonderful also.

We spent 4 days at DL post cruise, 6 days at WDW pre-cruise. Many, many days of magic.
Carlo & Steven were awesome! We've had great servers, good servers and iffy servers but this was the best team ever!
Disney Wonder March 13-20, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Sept 20-Oct 2, 2011 Vancouver to LA Repo & Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder B2B Mar 4-11 & Mar 11-18, 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Oct 14-28, 2012 Hawaii Disney Wonder May 6-20, 2013 Panama Canal Disney Wonder Sept 2-9, 2013 Alaska Disney Wonder May 5-17, 2014 Panama Canal
yukongirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #2165
Agent J
Earning My Ears

we arrived back home very early Sunday morning after an extra 5 nights at DLR post-cruise....this was our second wbpc cruise with the Disney Wonder and we loved it...our tablemates were fantastic (Lindababe - will be looking for you on a bus at WDW soon ;-) and our son made a new best friend with the Braysmommy crew (we'll need to figure out a skype schedule for the "zombies")...we'll probably do another wbpc or trans some day - we just love the longer cruises so much....our servers were wonderful (Daniel and Claudia) and were terrific with the boys at our table (encouraging paper airplane tossing - sorry if you were in the line of fire)

the FE gifts were incredibly thoughtful and creative - next time we won't sign-up for the whole list as it is just too much to receive and bring home as much as our son enjoys the fun of finding mickey mail...

all in all another outstanding family vacation!!!

see you real soon!
DVC members since 2004 - touring all the DVC properties and our boy has been to WDW so many times we've stopped counting!!! 43 days of WDW AP use in 2009-10...it's an addictition but it could be worse!!!

First visit to WDW 1988 - hooked ever since
Agent J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #2166
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

All I can say is it is a good job you weren't on the Wonder 2011 WBPC as it was very very substandard to this one. They didn't even have chocolate chip cookies in the buffet until we and others complained!!!

However I will agree about the lack of loungers on Deck 4 plus a lack of them round the Cove pool too. Not that I ever wanted to use one but it was something I noticed back in 2011 and is exactly the same now. I guess nobody complained about that back then. Only thing I can think of is that they don't get used in Alaska so no need to have them onboard?? Such a shame on Deck 4 as they always seem so popular.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #2167
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Well here is one were we can disagree. I never had a issue finding a chair or lounger. I thought the cove was well stocked with them. Deck 4 seemed to have the same amount to me as in all my previous cruises.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #2168
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

I think the Magic had more on deck 4 than the Wonder does. Well on the 2 Transatlantics anyway, can't say if things have changed since Oct 2011 after our last TA. Though still really not enough I think. Plenty up on deck 10 though.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #2169
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

I'll agree - I thought Deck 4 suffered a shortage of loungers. The adult pool seemed to have more space between loungers than previously - and of course, due to the chair hogs, what were there were rarely available during prime time. (No problem at 6 am or 10 pm)
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #2170
aan1701
DIS Veteran

I never had a problem finding a lounger around 3:30 at the Cove on the non smoking side.
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #2171
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

We did find the chase lounges were hard to find at the Cove Pool around noon. However, we would just ask Gladstone for help finding a lounger and he would have one of his guys bring some of the deck 10 loungers down. Worked for us.

Sent via my iThingy
Crissup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #2172
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissup View Post
We did find the chase lounges were hard to find at the Cove Pool around noon. However, we would just ask Gladstone for help finding a lounger and he would have one of his guys bring some of the deck 10 loungers down. Worked for us.

Sent via my iThingy
See that's service.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
Old 05-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #2173
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
See that's service.
Oh, I definitely agree. As soon as we found out Gladstone was on board, we were excited. We knew right away it was going to be an awesome cruise as far as the pool went.

Sent via my iThingy
Crissup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #2174
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent J View Post
we arrived back home very early Sunday morning after an extra 5 nights at DLR post-cruise....this was our second wbpc cruise with the Disney Wonder and we loved it...our tablemates were fantastic (Lindababe - will be looking for you on a bus at WDW soon ;-) and our son made a new best friend with the Braysmommy crew (we'll need to figure out a skype schedule for the "zombies")...we'll probably do another wbpc or trans some day - we just love the longer cruises so much....our servers were wonderful (Daniel and Claudia) and were terrific with the boys at our table (encouraging paper airplane tossing - sorry if you were in the line of fire)

the FE gifts were incredibly thoughtful and creative - next time we won't sign-up for the whole list as it is just too much to receive and bring home as much as our son enjoys the fun of finding mickey mail...

all in all another outstanding family vacation!!!

see you real soon!
We also had a great time on this cruise! Loved all our table mates and our servers, Daniel and Claudia, were amazing with the boys! I am not sure a zombie skype date will be enough for Brayden since he has already began to ask when we are going to Canada to visit!
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #2175
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
Now think how crowded would be if ship was in full capacity. I have been on a ship where there is 100s of kids and full of adults...and waiting is looong....last year on Hawaiian cruise and this WBPC to me has a lot less waiting everywhere.....
I was on the Wonder at Christmas and there were more than 2600 passengers, but there was never a problem waiting (except for Santa and the characters). The age make up of the passengers was more diverse, so all areas of the ship were used with no area becoming overcrowded. I never had to wait in the Rainforest or for a deck chair, never had a problem finding a seat at a show (sometimes they did do an extra show on sea days).

That's why I said I didn't think they did a good job on crowd control. There were fewer people on the ship, they just didn't offer enough things for the age groups of the people they had.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: