Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at both All Star Music and Pop... last June, I was at Pop for the first time and loved it! It's a very fun atmosphere, and also a lot "newer" than the all stars. The All Stars usually have sports teams, dance teams, cheerleaders, etc staying at them, so they tend to be busier with younger kids.

Also, about transportation... Pop's buses were great! All Star shares buses with all the All Star hotels, while as Pop is just one drop off/pick up... something to keep in mind
WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
herb102211
DIS Veteran

We always stayed at Pop because we heard the horror stories with the buses at the Allstars (not sure how true that is). We really liked Pop. We never had a problem with the buses except for DTD (but DTD buses seem to be slow no matter what resort you're at) If you pay a little extra you can get a preferred room (usually the 60s building) next to Classic Hall (food court, shopping, check in etc). The theming of the resort is really fun! Now that AoA is built, you could always go across the bridge and check out that resort too or eat over there.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceDrawDream View Post

Also, about transportation... Pop's buses were great! All Star shares buses with all the All Star hotels, while as Pop is just one drop off/pick up... something to keep in mind
That is actually not true. The All Stars each have their own bus way more than they share. Which is a huge plus as they are also each way smaller than the Pop. Less people fighting for that seat on the bus! Also less people fighting for space in the gift shop, the food court, by the pool....
Old 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #19
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

We chose Pop over the All Star resorts b/c of the location. We will have our car and Pop is closer to DTD, has it's own bus, and is walking distance from AoA, in case we want to eat at their food court or browse the hotel.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamarie14 View Post
My best friend and I (ages 22 and 21) are planning a last minute trip to Disney and are booking our resort and such tonight. We can only afford the value resorts, so we are between staying at the Pop Century or an All Star resort. Any experiences you'd like to share or advice with pros and cons of each?

Thanks!
Just wondering if you decided as of yet?

I personally would go with POP but that's the only place we've stayed, my DD loves it. Either way your trip will be magical.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #21
TaylorsDad
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at Movies, Music, and POP. Music seemed a little more quiet of the 3 but I would go with POP. In our experience the busses were better and the food court was much better. I would choose POP for the tye dyed cheesecake alone, but eat too much of it and it will have you seeing green or so to speak.
TaylorsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #22
popy
Mouseketeer

This is the way it is.
I stayed at both and was at AS Music 3 weeks ago.

Buses are better at All Star.
Food is better at Pop.
Rooms are the same.
Pools are the same.
Grounds are the same.
Most of all it is Disney and you can't go wrong.
popy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

I found the buses at POP to be better for us, and I liked the food court better compared to the times we stayed at Movies. I like both resorts tho. Is it possible that it appears that the one is cheaper because it's a preferred vs. not preferred room?
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
AuroraRora
Princess

I've stayed at Pop and ASMusic this year, and I'd go with Pop every time from now on. ASMusic had an extremely rude CM at the front desk that got our trip off to a bad start so I'm a little biased, but I do genuinely think Pop is a better resort. It felt newer, cleaner, I liked the buses and the food court options better, I liked the pool options better and everyone was so cheerful and friendly. I'm a Pop girl from now on!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #25
chelseamarie14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I've stayed at Pop and ASMusic this year, and I'd go with Pop every time from now on. ASMusic had an extremely rude CM at the front desk that got our trip off to a bad start so I'm a little biased, but I do genuinely think Pop is a better resort. It felt newer, cleaner, I liked the buses and the food court options better, I liked the pool options better and everyone was so cheerful and friendly. I'm a Pop girl from now on!
Awesome! You've given me some comfort that I made the right choice. We booked last night, so it's official. I know it was late, but only 18 more days until we arrive! Can't wait
chelseamarie14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: