Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #61
kaelalala
Mouseketeer

I am the WORST at packing - I always plan on doing it but put it off and put it off until suddenly it's the night before and nothing is ready! I even make lists of things that I need (I'm a chronic list-maker) and still don't get around to packing until the very last minute. I need all you early packers to come make me do it

DCP alum, theatre kid, princess
we couldn't think of a title - September 2014 pre trip report!
follow me on twitter and instagram!
~ all opinions posted on this site are mine and not those of the walt disney company! ~
kaelalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #62
kthruz143
Earning My Ears

we are 5 months out and there is already stuff in my suitcase

Honeymoon 6/07 All Star Movies
September 2011 All Star Movies
August 2012 All Star Moves
October 2013 Art of Animation
May 2014 Contemporary Resort and 1st Disney Cruise
kthruz143 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #63
Jonell
DIS Veteran

I always have a "Disney" bag packed with a few things. I start packing clothes about 2 months in advance, but we all buy new clothes for our trips. I just put them in the bag as we buy them. 20+ trips and I've never forgotten anything (fingers crossed)
Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #64
fallen_angel727
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

We leave in 3 days and I've been packed completely (except a bath towel) for a week already

1991 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2004 (offsite), 2009 (offsite - engagement trip!!), 2012 (POP), 2013 (POP), 2014 (POP)

fallen_angel727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #65
elaw
DIS Veteran

For our last trip in April, I was 98% packed 1 month in advance. I was way less stressed before we left (I usually wait til the last minute in the past)
Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #66
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

We are 6 months out from our next WDW vacay and I have a big box in my walk in closet that I throw things in as I get them....

Then come September when I start putting summer clothes away...I'll put some of that in my closet too....

Then prob the beginning of November I will actually pull out the suitcases and really pack.

With all of that...we leave Dec 4th.

Guarantee, I will still be packing things up until the moment we leave for the airport!

I am packing for myself and my daughters...and my hubby....who will STILL have the nerve to complain about something I forgot to pack for him.
Groomer Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #67
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer Gal View Post
I am packing for myself and my daughters...and my hubby....who will STILL have the nerve to complain about something I forgot to pack for him.
Love it! I stopped packing for mine several years ago for this reason...now he overpacks for himself (12 golf shirts for a 7 day vacation for example) and it's not my fault. Of course it drives me crazy that he waits until the day before, but I figure I have myself, 3 kids, and the family supplies, he can do it!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #68
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I am such a packing procrastinator. I always pack the night before a trip. Always! I suppose it helps that I'm only responsible for my own packing, no little ones to worry about! I'm usually done in 2 hours, tops. I've become a pro at making use of every inch of my suitcase. It's like a puzzle

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #69
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

I don't start until a few hours before it's time to leave for the airport. Not sure why... Maybe it's just more fun that way. :-)

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #70
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

I think I would be doing better if my kids would stop taking things out of the suitcases!
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #71
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
I think I would be doing better if my kids would stop taking things out of the suitcases!

LOL! Been there but not with twins! They grow up so fast! But I remember those days!

Have a magical trip!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #72
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

We leave in 15 days and as of right now I have bags full of new stuff all over my room at needs to be packed figure no sense in putting it away when I just have to pack it. Packing will be in full force next Thursday! So that give me about a week to pack!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #73
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganzz View Post
I actually start gathering stuff together two months in advance! I don't actually pack it until the week of, but I start to gather stuff in our guest room and check it off as I go. I find it less stressful that way.
Me too! In fact, because of the time of year that I go, I put aside my "vacation" clothes that I plan to take on vacation as I'm putting away my summer stuff the first week of September. (I live in Washington state and we definitely have seasonal clothes!) That way, I don't have to dig through everything I have to get only a few items.

I also keep a small plastic bin of WDW things I don't normally use other places or times of the year. Things like ponchos, mister fans, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: