Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
BC24
Earning My Ears

On line check in question

We are staying at Kidani 7/25-8/3, and we will arrive at Kidani at about 12 noon. We have room requests of 2nd or 3rd floor near lobby. We are inside our 60 day window. Do you think it will be beneficial for us to check in online? We are planning on swimming when we get there. I appreciate other's opinions as this is our first trip. We are looking forward to it. Thanks.
BC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

You will get conflicting answers to this question.

I have always done on-line check in with great success. Other will tell you that it has not been beneficial to them. My last stay in April, I was given all my requests. I did call in and have them added to my reservation prior to doing on-line check in.

There is an option to add one or two requests during on-line check in. I picked my top two that I had called in with.

On-line check in will speed up your arrival process as your KTTW and information packet is ready waiting on you. If anything, if none of your requests were honored, you can ask the CM about changing rooms that might fit into your request.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

IMHO, online check-in is for people who arrive very early and want a room right away, or have no requests.

I was told by two different CM's and several others have reported, that if you do online check-in and have requests, it will overlook the requests sent by the computer that has your reservation on it.

If you have requests that are important to you, I would skip it. Also with your first trip it is an extra added bonus to have more one-on-one time with the CM with regular check-in - rather than us old-timers that don't mind just getting our packet handed to us and we move on.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

There is no track record that will provide the definitive answer to this question. Some people do on-line check in and get their requests honored. Some do on-line check in and don't get their requests. You'll hear from both sides.

I do it just for the convenience.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I have done online check in and then arrived to find that line longer than the manual check in line.

If your room requests are important to you, I would wait until you get there.

I did online check in a few days ago and wished I hadn't afterwards when I realized that the confirmation showed my kids can't charge to the room. Since I want them to be able to, that is going to slow us down when we arrive. I sure wish I'd seen that before I finished the online check in.

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
BC24
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info....I think we will just check in normal. It will be our first day there and we are just planning on swimming until we go to dinner at 7 at Boma....it will be nice for the kids to look around the lobby as well....thannks again.
BC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
I did online check in a few days ago and wished I hadn't afterwards when I realized that the confirmation showed my kids can't charge to the room. Since I want them to be able to, that is going to slow us down when we arrive. I sure wish I'd seen that before I finished the online check in.
Were you given a choice to have them be able to charge? This is one of my burning questions because last year I did online check-in and didn't see an option in the check-in process.

If doing online check-in automatically means my DD15 won't have charging privleges, I will definately skip online check-in this time.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC24 View Post
We are staying at Kidani 7/25-8/3, and we will arrive at Kidani at about 12 noon. We have room requests of 2nd or 3rd floor near lobby. We are inside our 60 day window. Do you think it will be beneficial for us to check in online? We are planning on swimming when we get there. I appreciate other's opinions as this is our first trip. We are looking forward to it. Thanks.
Just in case, I pack our bathing suits in our carry on luggage. This way, we are all set just in case the room isn't ready. This also works well if you are taking DME and having them take your luggage from the airport. Sometimes, even if your room is ready, you don't have your luggage yet!

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
November 2014
MelanieRI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: