Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Postal68
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 715

Lockers at Atlantis?

I saw some people mentioning an uptick in crime in Nassau. We enjoyed walking around last time on our own but decided it really wasn't anything that exciting so we were just going to stay on the ship this time around. Then I found out about doing Atlantis via the Comfort Suites so I booked a room. Atlantis is costing us about $450 LESS than booking via the Disney excursion!!!!!!

Do they have lockers at the Atlantic Water Park where we can lock up our bags?
Also will we have access to tour the Ruins and Beach with the Comfort Suites pass and do wee need to bring towels from the ship or does Atlantis Provide them at the water park and beach?

Thanks
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer
 
mrssmiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
I saw some people mentioning an uptick in crime in Nassau. We enjoyed walking around last time on our own but decided it really wasn't anything that exciting so we were just going to stay on the ship this time around. Then I found out about doing Atlantis via the Comfort Suites so I booked a room. Atlantis is costing us about $450 LESS than booking via the Disney excursion!!!!!!

Do they have lockers at the Atlantic Water Park where we can lock up our bags?
Also will we have access to tour the Ruins and Beach with the Comfort Suites pass and do wee need to bring towels from the ship or does Atlantis Provide them at the water park and beach?

Thanks
There are lockers at Atlantis and they provide towels. Sorry, don't know the answers to your other questions. We did Atlantis through DCL.
__________________


Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 289

I don't know about the ruins, but we did use the beach when we booked through CS. I thought it was included, and no one ever told us differently.
Just a word of warning about the lockers---the key can be removed even if it is not locked. My husband put our things in the locker, twisted the key and removed it. When we returned hours later, all of our things were gone! As it turned out, the attendants had removed our things because the locker was not locked and sent them to lost and found (across the property), but it could have been so much worse! This was 2011, so I don't know if things have changed, but I would never want anyone to experience the panic we felt thinking our camera, clothing, shoes, and KTW cards were gone!
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie
 
Goofy559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
I saw some people mentioning an uptick in crime in Nassau. We enjoyed walking around last time on our own but decided it really wasn't anything that exciting so we were just going to stay on the ship this time around. Then I found out about doing Atlantis via the Comfort Suites so I booked a room. Atlantis is costing us about $450 LESS than booking via the Disney excursion!!!!!!

Do they have lockers at the Atlantic Water Park where we can lock up our bags?
Also will we have access to tour the Ruins and Beach with the Comfort Suites pass and do wee need to bring towels from the ship or does Atlantis Provide them at the water park and beach?

Thanks
You have access to the full resort through Comfort Suites. You are given passes and then if I remember correctly need to go exchange them for wrist bands and towels. Note that the entire resort is cashless - you need to use a credit card for lunch, for the lockers etc.

Depending on the time of year, FYI the water park could be crazy busy. We went in early December and had no waits for anything. Went back at the beginning of the summer and had to wait 45 minutes just to get a tube.
__________________

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer
 
feelthenspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 179

What exactly do you mean by through comfort suites? They have their own excursion type packages?? How do I find more info on how this works?

TIA!
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelthenspeak View Post
What exactly do you mean by through comfort suites? They have their own excursion type packages?? How do I find more info on how this works?

TIA!
If you book a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island, they give you passes (up to 4/room) to use the Atlantis facilities, including the water park. Many people find it cheaper than the Disney excursion.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer
 
GoofyLovingFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 215

Does the extra nightly charges at Comfort Suites still apply. I saw housekeeping and energy per person fees. The nightly rate looks great then I saw those extras in small print. Thanks to anyone who knows.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyLovingFamily View Post
Does the extra nightly charges at Comfort Suites still apply. I saw housekeeping and energy per person fees. The nightly rate looks great then I saw those extras in small print. Thanks to anyone who knows.
This was very difficult for me to figure out. We checked in and checked out at the same time and I even had to book two rooms because we have 5 people, but it still saved about $300. Our nightly rate was $149.40, and our estimated total was $378.48 for 2 rooms, so about $189/room. I still have the email confirmation, but don't have cc statement. Pretty sure that total was accurate, though. Hope this helps!
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer
 
feelthenspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcg

This was very difficult for me to figure out. We checked in and checked out at the same time and I even had to book two rooms because we have 5 people, but it still saved about $300. Our nightly rate was $149.40, and our estimated total was $378.48 for 2 rooms, so about $189/room. I still have the email confirmation, but don't have cc statement. Pretty sure that total was accurate, though. Hope this helps!
How did the check in work at CS since check in time is so late in the day? Can we still check in at 10am and get the passes to Atlantis??
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelthenspeak View Post

How did the check in work at CS since check in time is so late in the day? Can we still check in at 10am and get the passes to Atlantis??
They will let you check in as soon as you get there. It is a very common practice, so they know the drill. I'm not sure if they would make your room available to you immediately because we checked in and out at the sane time so that we didn't have to worry about it later. We actually beat the Disney people to the water park.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'
 
sullins5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MS
Posts: 2,172

Thanks for this thread! We're headed to Atlantis via CS in the fall. So, there's no need for us to bring towels? Atlantis passes them out to you? Even if you booked through CS? And are the lockers big enough for a backpack (that would hold camera, change of clothes,etc)? And one more question for all of us coming in the nearby future...Do most people just wear bathing suits and cover ups to the resort or is it 'resort wear' only and you change somewhere?
TIA!
__________________


'93 off-site WDW, '94 CBR May & Oct., '98 CBR, '01 CBR, '04 CBR, '05 Peabody, '06 Pop, '06 Embassy Suites, '08 CBR, '09 CBR, '10 CBR, '11 Oct Disney Magic, '12 May CBR, '13 Sept Disney Wonder, Planning for 2015 EBTA!
sullins5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
mordecai
Mouseketeer
 
mordecai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 371

They do have towels there. The lockers were big enough to shove a good bit of stuff into, although we found the lockers to be inconvenient to get to. The ones we used were over by the Grotto pool. Oddly, the staff didn't seem to know where the lockers were so we had a hard time finding them to begin with (we found the staff relatively unhelpful overall). We went in our bathing suits. My wife used a cover-up and I just wore swim trunks and a shirt.
__________________
mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'
 
sullins5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MS
Posts: 2,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
They do have towels there. The lockers were big enough to shove a good bit of stuff into, although we found the lockers to be inconvenient to get to. The ones we used were over by the Grotto pool. Oddly, the staff didn't seem to know where the lockers were so we had a hard time finding them to begin with (we found the staff relatively unhelpful overall). We went in our bathing suits. My wife used a cover-up and I just wore swim trunks and a shirt.
Thanks so much! Our first time, didn't know whether we needed to pack beach towels, and how much to carry or have to put in a locker. Walked through Atlantis once, so didn't know whether 'resort wear' was required! Cover ups and shirt/shorts are easy peasy!
__________________


'93 off-site WDW, '94 CBR May & Oct., '98 CBR, '01 CBR, '04 CBR, '05 Peabody, '06 Pop, '06 Embassy Suites, '08 CBR, '09 CBR, '10 CBR, '11 Oct Disney Magic, '12 May CBR, '13 Sept Disney Wonder, Planning for 2015 EBTA!
sullins5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.