Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #136
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi Kristen! All caught up. Gorgeous photos as always. I can't believe it was your first time at San Angel. I love the food and the atmosphere. The berry pudding from Sunshine Seasons looks sooo good. I'll have to try that next time.

SO excited for you for your upcomming trip. I will be following you live on Instagram (amanditabonita). Love those nails by the way, especially the Tangled flower and Meeko. Have a great Frump reunion. -Amanda
Old 05-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #137
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

First of all, congrats on all of your accomplishments and exciting things - graduation, prom, and the upcoming Disney trips!! And I hope you're feeling better soon from the wisdom teeth. I know it was pretty bad when I got mine out. But Disney will make it better!

You have some great pictures in the Magic Kingdom. The colors are so bright and vivid, it's beautiful! We also ate at San Angel Inn recently. Like you I wasn't sure because of mixed reviews, but we loved it! I had the same thing as you, the traditional dinner, and it was so good. The appetizer was out of this world good! And it looks like Germany gives you a very good view of Illuminations!

I haven't tried Le Cellier yet. It looks good but the price scares me off! I was hoping to do it when the lunch was cheaper but now that it's the same as the dinner menu I'm going to have to save it for a special occasion.

Awesome that you got to meet Tiana and Naveen! I have always wanted to meet them but they haven't been out! Love them

Have fun on your next trip!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #138
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

It's so strange that it seems so many people seem to dislike ABC Commissary, but I'm not sure why. I did like the burgers there better a few years ago (like 2009), and actually didn't like them here the last couple trips (maybe just timing?). But I had one a month ago and it was really good, so I totally agree with your assessment. Plus a good amount of seating.

Wow, that is one seriously blue tongue.

"REAL DHS ICON"... Oh hell yeah. I wholeheartedly agree.

Have yourself a wonderful and safe trip!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #139
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi Kristen! All caught up. Gorgeous photos as always. I can't believe it was your first time at San Angel. I love the food and the atmosphere. The berry pudding from Sunshine Seasons looks sooo good. I'll have to try that next time.

SO excited for you for your upcomming trip. I will be following you live on Instagram (amanditabonita). Love those nails by the way, especially the Tangled flower and Meeko. Have a great Frump reunion. -Amanda
Thank you! I know! It was so delicious. Ah yes I love that berry croissant pudding.

Thank you! Yes please do! Aw thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
First of all, congrats on all of your accomplishments and exciting things - graduation, prom, and the upcoming Disney trips!! And I hope you're feeling better soon from the wisdom teeth. I know it was pretty bad when I got mine out. But Disney will make it better!

You have some great pictures in the Magic Kingdom. The colors are so bright and vivid, it's beautiful! We also ate at San Angel Inn recently. Like you I wasn't sure because of mixed reviews, but we loved it! I had the same thing as you, the traditional dinner, and it was so good. The appetizer was out of this world good! And it looks like Germany gives you a very good view of Illuminations!

Thank you so much! I'm actually feeling much better! I have to get my stitches out tomorrow and continue with the salt water rinses (and no Listerine) for another week, and then I'll be completely back to normal!

Thank you so very much! I'm so glad you loved it too! It needs to get its good name back! And yes it does!

I haven't tried Le Cellier yet. It looks good but the price scares me off! I was hoping to do it when the lunch was cheaper but now that it's the same as the dinner menu I'm going to have to save it for a special occasion.

Awesome that you got to meet Tiana and Naveen! I have always wanted to meet them but they haven't been out! Love them

Have fun on your next trip!
It is quite pricey, so a special occasion is a good idea. We could never afford it without the DDP.

I was SO excited!

Thank you!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #140
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
It's so strange that it seems so many people seem to dislike ABC Commissary, but I'm not sure why. I did like the burgers there better a few years ago (like 2009), and actually didn't like them here the last couple trips (maybe just timing?). But I had one a month ago and it was really good, so I totally agree with your assessment. Plus a good amount of seating.

Wow, that is one seriously blue tongue.

"REAL DHS ICON"... Oh hell yeah. I wholeheartedly agree.

Have yourself a wonderful and safe trip!
Yes, definitely. I think it is one of the better options as far as DHS CS goes.

I know right!? Haha.

Hahaha yep...it's such a controversial topic.

Thank you!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 05-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #141
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I feel the same way about the Sorcerer's Hat! There's nothing wrong with it by itself, but it would be so much better in another location. Blocking the view of the Chinese Theatre detracts from the authenticity of Hollywood Boulevard (one of the best-themed parts of DHS, IMO). It's interesting to me that DHS at one point had two special icons (the Earful Tower and the Chinese Theatre), and both of them have gotten lost in the shuffle.

It's nice to see a positive review of ABC Commissary. I've never been there, but it's one of the most panned establishments in WDW and I always wonder why. That burger definitely looks up to par with the other CS burgers on-property (maybe even better due to the shrimp ).

Have a great frump reunion! I'm so excited to see your and Jess's pics on Instagram.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #142
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I feel the same way about the Sorcerer's Hat! There's nothing wrong with it by itself, but it would be so much better in another location. Blocking the view of the Chinese Theatre detracts from the authenticity of Hollywood Boulevard (one of the best-themed parts of DHS, IMO). It's interesting to me that DHS at one point had two special icons (the Earful Tower and the Chinese Theatre), and both of them have gotten lost in the shuffle.

It's nice to see a positive review of ABC Commissary. I've never been there, but it's one of the most panned establishments in WDW and I always wonder why. That burger definitely looks up to par with the other CS burgers on-property (maybe even better due to the shrimp ).

Have a great frump reunion! I'm so excited to see your and Jess's pics on Instagram.
I completely agree! It would be great if they moved it. It's just so sad.

I know! It gets some really bad reviews, but I honestly do not understand why. Our burger was quite good! The fried shrimp was a nice bonus.

Thank you! There will be plenty!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 05-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #143
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm going to avoid the controversial topic of the Disney icon (yay hat!) and refrain from interjecting my personal opinon (love the hat) and just comment on your wonderful update (don't ditch the hat or move it.)

That is a great photo of your family. I'm sure your mom was thrilled to have that. (I can't get away from the mom thing. I try really! )

ABC Commissary - never tried it but I'm open to a good burger. Do they offer those without the fried shrimp? I'm a shrimp lover but I just don't think a bottom feeder needs to be served with my beef! But I will totally take your word for it that this was a great lunch!

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #144
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm going to avoid the controversial topic of the Disney icon (yay hat!) and refrain from interjecting my personal opinon (love the hat) and just comment on your wonderful update (don't ditch the hat or move it.)

That is a great photo of your family. I'm sure your mom was thrilled to have that. (I can't get away from the mom thing. I try really! )

ABC Commissary - never tried it but I'm open to a good burger. Do they offer those without the fried shrimp? I'm a shrimp lover but I just don't think a bottom feeder needs to be served with my beef! But I will totally take your word for it that this was a great lunch!

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!
I guess at this point I've gotten used to it so it's okay.

Thank you! Hahaha it's totally okay. Embrace the mom thing!

Yes they do! Definitely a great place if you're looking for some A/C and a good Disney burger.

THANK YOU!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #145
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

All caught up!

Enjoy your trip with Jess and the girls- can't wait to hear all about it!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #146
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
All caught up!

Enjoy your trip with Jess and the girls- can't wait to hear all about it!
Yay! Thank you so much!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #147
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your report!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #148
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Really enjoying your report!!!
Thank you!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #149
lisagyo
Earning My Ears

Have fun in Disney tomorrow! I just realized we'll be there the same time in August, hope I get a chance to run into you!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #150
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Thanks for the update. I always stop in front of the Mary Poppins horse and just stare for a minute. I admire Julie Andrews so much.

Enjoy your trip!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: