Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 7, February 22

Who needs plans, we go with the flow! - part 3

We walked past the Be Our Guest restaurant

and were amazed that there was already a long line for a still closed restaurant.

Tom took a few more photos

and while we were still standing there watching a cast member came over and handed us a menu. We were a bit hesitant at first, but then decided to jump in line. Right when we got in line the restaurant opened and our line started to move. It moved slowly but steadily and there were lots of things to look at while in line.

About 20 minutes after we had gotten in line, we were inside the building and close to the ordering kiosks. We wanted to use our Key to the World cards to pay for our lunch, so were directed to a kiosk where a cast member was helping customers. We placed our order and were quickly handed a rose to put on our table. Then we entered the dining room.

I had not done enough research on the restaurant and was not aware that there were other smaller dining rooms attached, so we found a table for 2 in the main dining room, Tom went to get some drinks and the cutlery while I waited at the table. We sat there for about 5 minutes when our lunch was brought out.
They bring it out in a little cart and deliver it right to your table. Tom tipped the cast member who brought it to our table and he was very astonished we did so, but happy to take it. We had decided to share some menu items and one of them was the

French Onion Soup, topped with crouton and gruyere cheese. We were amazed at how nice the soup was, especially since this was supposed to be a counter service restaurant. It was a pretty generous helping too and we both enjoyed it a lot. For our main courses we had chosen the

Tuna Nicoise Salad, warm seared tuna steak with chilled green beans, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs and apart from the hard boiled egg, which I would have loved to be soft boiled it was a nice and generous helping. I would have loved the dressing to had a bit more spice, but it was still nice. Our favourite item by far was the

Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style), eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiničre. Not only was the portion huge, but the meat was fork tender, sitting on top a nice portion of very well seasoned home made mash and tasty green beens. We both loved the dish and will definitely be back for another helping in the summer. I could not leave without having tried at least one dessert. So I had ordered the

Chocolate Cream Puff, filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream. And while it was nice it was nothing to write home about. The puff pastry had gone a bit soggy from the filling and the chocolate mousse was a bit too sweet for my liking, so half of it stayed uneaten. Once we were done with lunch we walked around the restaurant taking pictures and discovered that there were two more dining rooms to the side.

To be continued ...........
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: