Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #316
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

How easy is the wireless sync to an Iphone. I have a 4S and am thinking about about buying a fitbit zip. (I don't care about keeping track of when I sleep).

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #317
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
How easy is the wireless sync to an Iphone. I have a 4S and am thinking about about buying a fitbit zip. (I don't care about keeping track of when I sleep).
Easy. Just download the fitbit app to your phone.

I love my fitbit! I've had it for two months now and just got my hot air balloon badge the other day. The only thing I don't like is that my husband has one also, and even though I consistently have more steps and stairs, he has lost way more weight! He has dropped 15 lbs. and I have only lost five pounds!

We have the aria scale too. Once you are registered to the scale it will know it is you even if you don't have your fitbit with you when you step on. I can't figure out how that is possible!
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #318
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

I thought I had lost my Fitbit! I have been sick over it since last night. I went to take it out of my pocket to charge it and it wasn't there! I looked all over and couldn't find it. This morning I was ready to go back to everywhere I went yesterday to see if I could find it but at the last minute I decided to dump everything out of my purse, just in case. And it was in the bottom!

I have no idea why or when I put it in my purse! I always keep it in my pocket/clipped to my waistband. The battery was low yesterday but I kept it in my pocket so I would charge it when I went to bed like I always do. I have my phone number on it as my 7 characters but with the battery low anyone that found it wouldn't be able to see it. I think I am going to put my name and phone number on the back of it.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #319
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
I thought I had lost my Fitbit! I have been sick over it since last night. I went to take it out of my pocket to charge it and it wasn't there! I looked all over and couldn't find it. This morning I was ready to go back to everywhere I went yesterday to see if I could find it but at the last minute I decided to dump everything out of my purse, just in case. And it was in the bottom!

I have no idea why or when I put it in my purse! I always keep it in my pocket/clipped to my waistband. The battery was low yesterday but I kept it in my pocket so I would charge it when I went to bed like I always do. I have my phone number on it as my 7 characters but with the battery low anyone that found it wouldn't be able to see it. I think I am going to put my name and phone number on the back of it.
I have had the same scare! I typically attach the fitbit to my bra or jog bra. That helps so much because I see it when I change. In the past I have put them on my waistband and almost put it in the wash. It's so light and small, it's easy to lose track of!

I have two places I allocated to put the fitbit when I'm not using it. That helps me some too.

I have also input my phone number in the fitbit. But I like the idea of putting it on the back. I think I'll do that too!

Glad you found it!

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #320
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

I recently discovered this thread! I bought a Fit Bit Zip about three weeks ago and I LOVE it! I've always been pretty good about getting out and walking at least four or five times a week, but with the Fit Bit, I'm finding I have to get out every day and get my steps in.

My personal goal is to walk at least 10,000 steps every day, and I usually end up doing more. I find it to be a great motivator. Every day is like a challenge. I find myself parking further away from stores, walking up and down every aisle in the grocery store (whether or not I need something from a particular aisle) and walking to nearby restaurants and shops rather than hoping in the car.

I clip the Fit Bit on first thing in the morning and don't take it off until right before bedtime. Have to get in every step!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #321
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

I just bought a fitbit One yesterday... While I have a highly active job (very walking intense), I don't think I actually "earned" the 20,878 steps it counted for me today. The 14 flights of stairs I definitely did, though!

I've recalibrated my walking and running stride lengths, so hopefully that will help tomorrow as far as accuracy goes. I'm pretty sure I didn't walk 12 steps in my sleep, after all!

Question (and sorry if it's been covered already), when you update your profile activity to driving, when does it remove those "steps?" At the end of the day?
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #322
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

I just got the fit bit flex today. I have been wanting one but heard the flex was due out in May so I waited until it came out. I like it much better as I can wear it on my wrist 24/7 and don't have to worry about clipping on to someplace and losing it!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #323
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Ok, so after falling off the Fitbit wagon, I decided to get back on today. Went for a walk (short one until I feel better), came home and sync'd it and then went to enter the activity into my WW tracking tool. Everything had reset to 0. All my steps and my time. It was like a whole new day. Checked to see if maybe it put it on yesterdays, but no luck. Stupid thing.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #324
SMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Ok, so after falling off the Fitbit wagon, I decided to get back on today. Went for a walk (short one until I feel better), came home and sync'd it and then went to enter the activity into my WW tracking tool. Everything had reset to 0. All my steps and my time. It was like a whole new day. Checked to see if maybe it put it on yesterdays, but no luck. Stupid thing.
Mine started doing that too about 3 weeks ago. Now instead of switching over at midnight, it just resets to zero at random times of the day. In addition. I had 4,500+ steps at around 1am (it reset midday) and when I synced it the next day it only showed 2,700 steps for 1 day and zero for the next day. So it's not even saving everything it records. Several of my friends said they had issues with theirs and bought new ones. I guess I didn't realize when I bought it that I'd be paying annually.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #325
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Mine started doing that too about 3 weeks ago. Now instead of switching over at midnight, it just resets to zero at random times of the day. In addition. I had 4,500+ steps at around 1am (it reset midday) and when I synced it the next day it only showed 2,700 steps for 1 day and zero for the next day. So it's not even saving everything it records. Several of my friends said they had issues with theirs and bought new ones. I guess I didn't realize when I bought it that I'd be paying annually.
Interesting. Mine is pretty new. It was a replacement for one that went through the washer and dryer. I did have to fully recharge it this morning so maybe that had something to do with it?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #326
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post

If it's doing this, I'd be contacting customer service. They have a good reputation for replacing defective units.
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #327
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone my DD15 and I registered for the GSC today - so my fit not goes back on tomorrow .... It's been about four months since I've worn it, but I think it will get me motivated to get moving again! A gal can dream......
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #328
Doodlebug939
DIS Veteran

I am new over here so Hello to each of you!!! I have had my Fitbit for a while and am looking for friends to motivate me. My login Name is Adak429. I would appreciate an add if you have a chance. I tend to wear my fitbit only when I exercise and really have to change that in order to get a true indication of what I am doing each day. Looking forward to getting to know you and a little friendly competition.

I did try to join the Dis Friends group. I hope that is ok!
Doodlebug939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #329
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Joining the fitbit bandwagon! Hubby bought me the flex last night as an early birthday present! Now going back to read all the posts here so I can get some tips!

I also joined the DIS group so hopefully I did that right.

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #330
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Hi Des, good to see you.

I have used the Ultra for about a year or so, always have it with me. It really shows how your days can vary, from almost nothing to energetic. I also use the Fitbit Aria scale, makes tracking very easy.

Always keep the Flex with you, you will be amazed.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: