Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,538

My three-year-old daughter will eat jalapenos like they are pickles. She also loves salsa and spaghetti sauce, but won't eat regular tomatoes (like in a salad).
__________________

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???
 
Conservative Hippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE Polk County, FL
Posts: 6,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageDiser View Post
How old are they? I ask because dd is 12 now, and I've pretty much given up on her growing out of it.
I like to start with the least favorite thing on my plate and end with the most favorite. I'm 31 and not autistic.
__________________
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #33
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos
 
Soldier's*Sweeties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Schenectady, NY
Posts: 6,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageDiser View Post

How old are they? I ask because dd is 12 now, and I've pretty much given up on her growing out of it.
6 lol
__________________
2013 Book Challenge: 25 of 25 COMPLETE!!!
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #34
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!
 
JennaDeeDooDah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageDiser View Post
How old are they? I ask because dd is 12 now, and I've pretty much given up on her growing out of it.
I wouldn't be concerned with Autism based solely on this. My mother eats this way and she isn't Autistic in the least. Actually, she's an educational diagnostician so she helps to identify and work with children with Autism! I don't eat exactly like this, but I do tend to eat my second favorite food first, my least favorite second, and then save my absolutely favorite for last (so if there are other foods on my plate, they will be eaten fourth, fifth, and so on). I just do it because it gives me something to look forward to, as weird as that might sound.
__________________

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #35
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay
 
NoSoup4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie

I like to start with the least favorite thing on my plate and end with the most favorite. I'm 31 and not autistic.
Im the opposite. I like to eat my faves first and leave the crappy stuff for last.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #36
AverageDiser
'Cause we can't all be perfect
 
AverageDiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
I like to start with the least favorite thing on my plate and end with the most favorite. I'm 31 and not autistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I wouldn't be concerned with Autism based solely on this. My mother eats this way and she isn't Autistic in the least. Actually, she's an educational diagnostician so she helps to identify and work with children with Autism! I don't eat exactly like this, but I do tend to eat my second favorite food first, my least favorite second, and then save my absolutely favorite for last (so if there are other foods on my plate, they will be eaten fourth, fifth, and so on). I just do it because it gives me something to look forward to, as weird as that might sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
Im the opposite. I like to eat my faves first and leave the crappy stuff for last.
Thanks for all the responses! Jenna, she is diagnosed, I've just put it down to the AS because she does have a great love of routine, and I've always thought maybe it was a texture/taste mixing thing she's adverse to. That said, it makes me feel better seeing how many here do the same thing, I've worried about teasing as she gets older, but I may just be hypersensitive being so close to the situation!
AverageDiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #37
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran
 
diamondpixienc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,459

Hot Sauce and/or anything spicy. DH and I always joke that they were not born in our native Louisiana but they must have hot sauce in their blood... Lol! Or maybe it was that (and I kid you not) EVERYTHING gave me heart burn while they were in the womb but Classic Hot Wings! No joke, I'm surprise they didn't come out with red eyes and wings...lol!
__________________
ME DH DS(11) DD(9) DD(4)

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #38
NaLisa
DIS Veteran
 
NaLisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,741

DD10 is great about eating fruits and veggies but has lots of odd eating habits otherwise. She likes bacon, steak and chicken tenders but won't eat any other meat, including sandwich meat, pork chops, hamburgers or fish. She eats a peanut butter sandwich (no jelly) nearly every day for school lunch. She doesn't like "raw cheese" (e.g. no string cheese or cold cheese slices) but loves grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza, cheese sticks and quesadillas. Loves eggs, yogurt. Likes salty snacks but rarely eats sweets (I think they're too rich for her stomach).
__________________
Holding pattern
NaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #39
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay
 
NoSoup4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa
DD10 is great about eating fruits and veggies but has lots of odd eating habits otherwise. She likes bacon, steak and chicken tenders but won't eat any other meat, including sandwich meat, pork chops, hamburgers or fish. She eats a peanut butter sandwich (no jelly) nearly every day for school lunch. She doesn't like "raw cheese" (e.g. no string cheese or cold cheese slices) but loves grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza, cheese sticks and quesadillas. Loves eggs, yogurt. Likes salty snacks but rarely eats sweets (I think they're too rich for her stomach).
Im floored that your school allows peanut butter sandwiches!!!!
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #40
Enchanted Minnie
Mouseketeer
 
Enchanted Minnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 227

My kids will at least try anything. One of my kids loves chips and salsa. Everyone loves avacados. For the twins b-day one year they wanted to have sushi. But a odd thing, one of the twins loves blueberries. His twin brother and the younger one don't. If I buy the frozen pancakes, I will buy a pack for him with blueberries and a regular for the other two.

One thing I hate is mushrooms. Can't stand them. And olives. I've tried to like them, I'll try to eat it, nope. Blech!
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS10) (DS10) (DS7)
WDW-1986,2000(POFQ),2001(POFQ),2012(AOA)
DL- 2010,2011
Enchanted Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #41
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran
 
runsandjumps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 742

Someone else mentioned that their child only likes potatoes in French fry form. My oldest is like that too. And really only if they were previously frozen. Must be the texture.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.