Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #106
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

The packing cubes just keep things compartment aliased and also can make them more compact. I have never used them before but watched some YouTube videos and decided to I've them a try.

The tornados were about an hour north of us. We got some thunderstorms our way but no tornados.

The girls are about to be out of school in a couple of weeks so it will feel like vacation time is here ( although I will still be working).
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #107
CBEB
We're ready to do it again!
So far, we've managed to sprinkle lots of pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
The packing cubes just keep things compartment aliased and also can make them more compact. I have never used them before but watched some YouTube videos and decided to I've them a try.

The tornados were about an hour north of us. We got some thunderstorms our way but no tornados.

The girls are about to be out of school in a couple of weeks so it will feel like vacation time is here ( although I will still be working).
We got the packing cubes for our China Adventure by Disney last summer as we were only allowed ONE suitcase per person. They were awesome! The biggest advantage though, which doesn't really apply to a cruise, is constantly moving hotels and trying to keep your suitcase organized (we had 5 hotels).

So glad to hear the tornados didn't affect you - so sad.
WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
CBEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #108
GW45
Mouseketeer

Hi All!

Thought I posted on here before a few months ago but can't see the post! We're sailing on this cruise too (me, DH, DS 13 and DD 8 1/2). It will be our fifth Disney Cruise and second time to do the Med Cruise (although our last one was an 11 Day Med cruise so that took a bit more planning!).
Looking forward to cruising on the Magic again....its my favourite Disney ship! Hoping to see a few different places this time and also to chill a bit more and enjoy the ship....very easy to overdo the excursions on the Med cruise and come home needing another holiday!

If the FE list is still open, count us in!
GW45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #109
sajilunni
Mouseketeer

Us and kids (12, 10 and 7)

Hi Everyone!

We're so excited for this trip! Our children are a 12 yo boy, and 10 yo and 7 yo girls. We're headed to Barcelona from Chicago (actually Indiana) and couldn't believe how expensive the airfare was, so we really want to make this trip worthwhile. We're doing private tours for all the shore excursions except Naples, which I saw from www.shorebee.com was pretty easy to navigate with public transportation. Hmm... let's see, what else? We have early seating and booked a Sunday dinner at Palo. I'm currently looking for walkie talkies and water fans to use during that HOT Mediterranean August. I'm totally curious about what kind of movies and shows will be on board. And kind of bummed that we'll be one of the last trips on the worn down Magic before it gets a complete overhaul and renovation this September. We sailed the same ship 11 years ago when our son was 1.

Hope to see you on board!
Sajil

DVC: SSR/OKW

(me and DH-41)
(DS12) (DD10) (DD7)
sajilunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #110
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajilunni View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm currently looking for walkie talkies and water fans to use during that HOT Mediterranean August. ...We sailed the same ship 11 years ago when our son was 1.

Sajil
Hey, you found us! I'm planning on making some neck wrap things with water absorbing crystals. I made some last year for WDW but my family wouldn't wear them -- DH said he didn't like clammy things around his neck, and they just weren't "cool" enough for the girls. But I wore mine and it really helped me to stay cool.

We sailed on the Magic in 2005 when it docked in Los Angeles for DisneyLand's 50th anniversary (and my 50th -- Disneyland and I are the same age!). We went down the Mexican Riviera. I like the size of the Magic -- we sailed on the Fantasy last year. Beautiful ship but big!

JoAnn

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #111
1travelgirl
Earning My Ears

Getting Excited!!!!

Hello! My husband and I are more than ready to start vacation. Ths is our first Disney Cruise. We're travelling with his family (parents, brother/sis-in-law and their kids). I've been to Rome and Barelona before (and can give some tips). I would love to articipate in a FE group if others are interested.
1travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #112
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Hello 1travelgirl!
Welcome to the boards and to our little group. I am also traveling with extended family -- my husband's mother and father and his brother who has some developmental disabilities but enjoys the food and the characters very much.

Tell us what's the best stuff to do in Barcelona! We are arriving on Wednesday about noon, so we have a few days before the cruise and two days after.

JoAnn

Old 05-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #113
1travelgirl
Earning My Ears

I went to Barcelona solo a few years ago. One thing that I really enjoyed was participating in a cooking class/dinner. I also saw a show at the Palace of Catalan Music. The show was just ok, but the building is amazing! Montserrat was slightly boring to me, but the area was lovely. We have some time pre- and post cruise and we plan on doing a tapas tour and heading out of town to see the Dali museum.
1travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #114
Feigned
Mouseketeer

Just booked our excursions today! Still trying to decide if we want to do Palo for brunch. My sister has celiac, so she's not sure how much she's going to be able to eat and if it is worth it for her. Anyone have any experience with a food allergy there for brunch?

One of the excursions I really wanted to do was already booked. Is there any way to get put on a waiting list for it and if so, how do I go about doing that? Thanks for any help!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #115
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feigned View Post
Just booked our excursions today! Still trying to decide if we want to do Palo for brunch. My sister has celiac, so she's not sure how much she's going to be able to eat and if it is worth it for her. Anyone have any experience with a food allergy there for brunch?

One of the excursions I really wanted to do was already booked. Is there any way to get put on a waiting list for it and if so, how do I go about doing that? Thanks for any help!
Which excursions did you book, and which one was filled?

JoAnn

Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #116
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBEB View Post

10! We will definitely see you there!

Also, we definitely should figure out a plan to meet in TX or Barcelona before the cruise to introduce DD16's! Ideas?
I'm thinking maybe we could meet at Spaghetti Warehouse in Dallas in June -- could be just the moms and 16 year olds, or could be whole family. What do you think? I was there with Rachel's orchestra field trip this week.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #117
CBEB

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe we could meet at Spaghetti Warehouse in Dallas in June -- could be just the moms and 16 year olds, or could be whole family. What do you think? I was there with Rachel's orchestra field trip this week.
Great idea! I'll PM you and we can work out the details!
WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #118
CBEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW45 View Post
Hi All!

Thought I posted on here before a few months ago but can't see the post! We're sailing on this cruise too (me, DH, DS 13 and DD 8 1/2). It will be our fifth Disney Cruise and second time to do the Med Cruise (although our last one was an 11 Day Med cruise so that took a bit more planning!).
Looking forward to cruising on the Magic again....its my favourite Disney ship! Hoping to see a few different places this time and also to chill a bit more and enjoy the ship....very easy to overdo the excursions on the Med cruise and come home needing another holiday!

If the FE list is still open, count us in!
Welcome! I don't think anyone has started organizing an FE list yet; we'll need to get that going soon though!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #119
CBEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajilunni View Post
Hi Everyone!

We're so excited for this trip! Our children are a 12 yo boy, and 10 yo and 7 yo girls. We're headed to Barcelona from Chicago (actually Indiana) and couldn't believe how expensive the airfare was, so we really want to make this trip worthwhile. We're doing private tours for all the shore excursions except Naples, which I saw from www.shorebee.com was pretty easy to navigate with public transportation. Hmm... let's see, what else? We have early seating and booked a Sunday dinner at Palo. I'm currently looking for walkie talkies and water fans to use during that HOT Mediterranean August. I'm totally curious about what kind of movies and shows will be on board. And kind of bummed that we'll be one of the last trips on the worn down Magic before it gets a complete overhaul and renovation this September. We sailed the same ship 11 years ago when our son was 1.

Sajil
Welcome!

I'm with you - wish we were getting the "new improved" Magic, but it's still my favorite ship. The Dream just seemed too big to us.

We've got late dinner - anticipating that we'll be out on excursions right up until the ship departs.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #120
Feigned
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Which excursions did you book, and which one was filled?

JoAnn
I booked the Vatican City, Colosseum, and Catacombs excursion. I wanted the Jumping Back into Eternal Rome (adult only if possible) excursion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: