Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #91
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Does anybody know if Disney has prepaid debit cards? Would love to have one for our trip. I know about the gift cards but you can only use these at Disney, right?

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #92
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
I paid an entire $2000 trip off a week ago using all $50 gift cards online. I was a bit worried when I bought them and I was having nightmares about having to call the reservation line and telling them I wanted to use all of those things if it didn't work! I am happy to say that I had no problems whatsoever online. I entered my huge pile of gift cards within about a half hour. it was fast and easy. No problems whatsoever! Well worth the $100 I saved by buying all the gift cards at target! That $100 saved will be paying for my DD's BBB trip!
I take it that since you saved $100 on $2000, you didn't apply the extra 5% coupon you get after 4 prescription refills. (Sometimes I get so mad at myself if I forget to ask them to give me credit for one.stoast week I bought 2 fifty dollar Disney ones and only paid $90 for them. What happens if you pay fr your room online with them and then cancel the ressie? Does it go back on those cards therefore requiring you to save them?
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #93
Mercenary
To infinity and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
What happens if you pay fr your room online with them and then cancel the ressie? Does it go back on those cards therefore requiring you to save them?
Yes...
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #94
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Yes...
Thanks, good to know.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #95
StrwLady
Why did I buy that van?! Now I can't afford a Disney trip!!!

Location: Born and Raised In New Orleans but now lives In Dallas, TX

I recently received my pharmacy rewards so I am planning to go to day and buy $2000 in gift cards. I plan on entering them online so I figure I will be typing for quite awhile.

I find it strange that some have been told they can only use 2 cards to pay. I don't understand how they can limit gift cards. I mean it is Disney tender and it says you can pay with gift cards. So if they would allow someone to pay with 2 $1000 gift cards how can they say you couldn't use 40.
2/78 Lake Buena Vista Best Western ~ 2/97 All Star Music ~ 3/00 Hawthorn Suites ~ 9/00 All Star Music ~ 3/01 ~ All Star Movies ~ 5/01 Polynesian ~ 10/01 Polynesian ~ 2/02 Contemporary ~ 12/02 Boardwalk Inn ~ 5/03 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/03 Boardwalk Inn ~ 3/04 Contemporary Tower ~ 10/04 Polynesian ~3/05 Wilderness lodge ~ 4/05 Beach Club ~ 9/05 Beach Club ~ 12/05 Beach Club ~ 3/06 DisneyLand Grand Californian ~ 6/06 All Star Music-Contemporary-Beach Club ~ 9/06 Polynesian ~ 12/06 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/07 Disneyland Hotel ~ 6/07 All Star Sports ~ 8/07 Saratoga Springs/Pop Century ~ 9/07 Beach Club ~ 5/08 Wilderness Lodge ~ 3/09 Pop Century ~ 8/09 Contemporary ~ 7/10 Swan-Pop Century ~ 7/11 Pop Century ~ 6/12 Pop Century ~ 3/13 Pop Century ~ 8/13 Pop Century

Coming soon...
2 weeks in the World! Pop Century 6/14

StrwLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #96
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Does anybody know if Disney has prepaid debit cards? Would love to have one for our trip. I know about the gift cards but you can only use these at Disney, right?
Chase offers a Disney Debit card. It has some of the benefits of the Disney Visa but doesn't earn any rewards. It's a regular debit card with a Disney logo on it. You have to open a Chase checking account to get one. You can read the details about it here:
https://www.chase.com/online/Checkin...visa-debit.htm

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #97
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrwLady View Post
I find it strange that some have been told they can only use 2 cards to pay. I don't understand how they can limit gift cards. I mean it is Disney tender and it says you can pay with gift cards. So if they would allow someone to pay with 2 $1000 gift cards how can they say you couldn't use 40.
I think that it depends on who you are dealing with. DVC member services cannot use more than 2 forms of payment but member accounting (for paying your dues) can. You cannot use GCs to pay for tickets online but you can use multiple GCs to make a purchase at a ticket window. You can only enter a limited number of GCs online to make a payment on your package or room reservation but if you call CRO, they should be able to take as many as you have. It has to do with the software that each one of them uses.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #98
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

I'm just so confused..........I went a few weeks back to our local Target store and was told by the Customer Service Staff that I couldn't get the 5% off when purchasing ANY vendor gift cards including Disney & charging them on my Target credit card. When you went to the store did you buy only the credit cards & make sure you were given the 5% off? I got a discounted Disney Gift Card at Sam's, but am hesitant to try Target since I can't give them back the activated card if I don't get my 5% off. TIA....

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #99
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite
I'm just so confused..........I went a few weeks back to our local Target store and was told by the Customer Service Staff that I couldn't get the 5% off when purchasing ANY vendor gift cards including Disney & charging them on my Target credit card. When you went to the store did you buy only the credit cards & make sure you were given the 5% off? I got a discounted Disney Gift Card at Sam's, but am hesitant to try Target since I can't give them back the activated card if I don't get my 5% off. TIA....
I bought other items for my household but included $800 in disney gift cards. I went thru the regular check out and the discount worked. This was about 3 weeks ago. Good luck it should work just go through the regular checkout and i always have other items to buy (that may help)
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
PrincessPiperMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #100
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Just did it on Saturday! Their staff just doesn't know about it, apparently.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #101
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
The Disney cards are considered "entertainment cards". You should definitely be able to get the 5% off. I do it all the time. You cannot get 5% off of Target gift cards though.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #102
andee515
Mouseketeer

I generally buy mine separately, so I am sure I received my full discount ( both target red and pharmacy rewards). It also gives me a receipt only for hose which I put in my disney box

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #103
georgina
I dream of Mousey with the big black ears
I've embraced my gray hairs

So glad I stumbled across this thread! Our local Giant Eagle is giving extra rewards on gift cards, and it had not occurred to me to buy Disney ones for our upcoming trip. Thanks DIS!

I had not realized that Target discounts also apply to gift cards. I love my Red card, but the current Giant Eagle promotion works out to 12% discount on gas.

georgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #104
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Love my target debit card!!! I got one a month ago and I have bought hundreds of $$ worth of Disney gift cards with it! Never had any issues at all! Wish I decided to do this earlier I would have saved more!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #105
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee515 View Post
I generally buy mine separately, so I am sure I received my full discount ( both target red and pharmacy rewards). It also gives me a receipt only for hose which I put in my disney box
Will have to try that next week when I make my run to Daytona Beach. Thanks everyone for all the input!!

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: