Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #136
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Huh? Not quite. See my post above. I am an architect, you would not begin to allocate rooms in a building and have only one room, unless it is the presidential suite which would be a highly desirable room that commanded a great deal of money.
No, the OP is right, there is only one pool-view category room in Parterre (well, two, in the same location one above the other). Most of the Pool View Royal Rooms are in Oak.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #137
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Huh? Not quite. See my post above. I am an architect, you would not begin to allocate rooms in a building and have only one room, unless it is the presidential suite which would be a highly desirable room that commanded a great deal of money.
According to andres sight portorleans.org there are only 2 pool view rooms in Parterra. The rest are river view, garden view or standard. The pool is situated in such a way that Oak has more pool view and only one corner of Parterra could have an actual view of the pool.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #138
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1

I don't recall there being a height requirement of any kind, but I do know that you cannot go two at a time.
No height requirement. They let the kids wear life vests on the slide as well. Parents were going up with their child then coming back down 1 st to play catch.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #139
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydeich
Pool question: is there enough shallow area at the main pool for my 3 year old to stand in? Or should I bring her puddle jumper floatie? Leaving in the morning to drive down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The pool was around 3 ft. My DD is around 40 and just turned 4, 3 days after we returned this Thursday and could touch. I got both kids vests. It is free to rent them for the week. Don't lug the puddle jumper. You just go to boat rental desk and show them your card. You keep it in your room and return it when your trip is over. They did have a kiddie pool as well but the kids seemed to all be in the big pool. It was empty whenever we walked by or went swimming. We didn't try it out because my daughter swims.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #140
disneymomma76

Got the kids all packed! Working on DH and myself next. Can't wait! Thanks to all of you for the great advice. Headed out soon for 12 days of magic.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #141
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post

The pool was around 3 ft. My DD is around 40 and just turned 4, 3 days after we returned this Thursday and could touch. I got both kids vests. It is free to rent them for the week. Don't lug the puddle jumper. You just go to boat rental desk and show them your card. You keep it in your room and return it when your trip is over. They did have a kiddie pool as well but the kids seemed to all be in the big pool. It was empty whenever we walked by or went swimming. We didn't try it out because my daughter swims.
I'm glad they have a kiddie pool as my youngest is not yet 3 and I wasn't sure if there was one age could just stand and has a little splash in.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #142
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Hi we will be getting to Por to check in around 7-7:30 am. October trip. I understand my room
Probably Won't be ready and they will take my bags for us to go on...I have an ADR at Cape May at 9am (have a car rented). Last trip was POP and checking in at 3pm was crazy long wait. I would think most aren't checking in at 7:30am so we won't be waiting crazy long. What do you think? I keep thinking that 9am breakfast might have to be moved.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #143
delilah18
Mouseketeer

How far are the two non royal room mansions from the food cout and main pool its hard to tell on a map
Thanks

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

Old 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #144
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
How far are the two non royal room mansions from the food cout and main pool its hard to tell on a map
Thanks
Anywhere between about 250 yards and 500 yards, depending on what room you are in.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #145
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
Hi we will be getting to Por to check in around 7-7:30 am. October trip. I understand my room
Probably Won't be ready and they will take my bags for us to go on...I have an ADR at Cape May at 9am (have a car rented). Last trip was POP and checking in at 3pm was crazy long wait. I would think most aren't checking in at 7:30am so we won't be waiting crazy long. What do you think? I keep thinking that 9am breakfast might have to be moved.
I think you'll be ok, especially if you do online check in. I don't think it will take you more than an hour to check in. As long as you are on your way to BC before 8:30, I think you'll be fine.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 05-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #146
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Anywhere between about 250 yards and 500 yards, depending on what room you are in.

Andre
Andre, I am impressed - yards, that is pretty good!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #147
amydeich
Mouseketeer

We are here!! Arrived around 2:00, and were able to check right in - no line and had not done online check in. And we got our request for connecting rooms with my parents, corner room in Oak Manor! The girls are in love with our Royal Room!! Took a walk around the resort - everything is beautiful! Went to DTD to get our PP+ and have dinner, now kids are asleep and my parents arrive any minute on ME! Excited to head to HS tomorrow :-) Thanks to Andre and everyone on here for all the tips!!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #148
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydeich View Post
We are here!! Arrived around 2:00, and were able to check right in - no line and had not done online check in. And we got our request for connecting rooms with my parents, corner room in Oak Manor! The girls are in love with our Royal Room!! Took a walk around the resort - everything is beautiful! Went to DTD to get our PP+ and have dinner, now kids are asleep and my parents arrive any minute on ME! Excited to head to HS tomorrow :-) Thanks to Andre and everyone on here for all the tips!!

Yay!!! Have a fantastic time!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #149
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post

I think you'll be ok, especially if you do online check in. I don't think it will take you more than an hour to check in. As long as you are on your way to BC before 8:30, I think you'll be fine.
I'm not even sure how online check in works. I will have to figure out how many days before I can do that since I won't be around a computer for a week before we even get to Disney. We are offsite before our Disney trip starts. Hubby figures we will be at POR by 7. It was planned to be an early morning with breakfast at 9am. We just need to check in first.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #150
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post

I'm not even sure how online check in works. I will have to figure out how many days before I can do that since I won't be around a computer for a week before we even get to Disney. We are offsite before our Disney trip starts. Hubby figures we will be at POR by 7. It was planned to be an early morning with breakfast at 9am. We just need to check in first.
Online check in can be done up to 60 days before check-in as long as you are in the USA. I think it's still 10 days if you live in the United Kingdom.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: