Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

60 Day On-line Check in: What's the Point?

OK, Disney has now extended on-line check in to 60 days. Why would we want to? Any benefits to doing it that far out?

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

That's the first I have heard of that. What if something happened in between?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
capegirl
DIS Veteran

The 60 day check in also appeared on my resort reservation. I can't imagine why you would need to check in this far in advance; perhaps to make a specific request? Although from what I've read here, room location requests are not always honored.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Coincidentally, that is the same window for FP+ reservations whenever they go live. I think they have to be connected.

If you check in 60 days in advance does it ask to link tickets?

I am going in a few weeks, but I don't have tickets yet. And I can't think of any reason to check in right now. I did have a room request, and I don't want to mess it up.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The 60 day online checkin has been available for a while now. No particular advantage to doing this that far ahead. No doubt some people do this as a way of making the vacation feel more "real".
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Coincidentally, that is the same window for FP+ reservations whenever they go live. I think they have to be connected.

If you check in 60 days in advance does it ask to link tickets?

I am going in a few weeks, but I don't have tickets yet. And I can't think of any reason to check in right now. I did have a room request, and I don't want to mess it up.
I agree, there must be a reason for the 60 day check in. I was also wondering what the plan will be regarding ticket purchase. Will we be required to purchase tickets in advance in order to take advantage of FP+ 60 days out ? Who knows how this FP+ mystery will unfold. Should be interesting though.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I agree, I think it has to do with the FP+ and Magic Bands. The FP+ reservations would be loaded on to your magic band at the resort same as room key, park tickets & dining credits?
Guess we will find out.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
grammimouse
Mouseketeer

"I am so excited"

Hi all , had to add , it makes you " just so ready to get this next trip to WDW under way" We do the online check in every time and have had great luck getting checked in fast so we can get to the park even faster
Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I suppose that makes sense.

But I do hope that the FP+ isn't tied to tickets. I hope a resort reservation is sufficient. I'll be staying on-site, but I buy my tickets from UT since I don't do the dining plans. And I've had a couple of those tickets for years now!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I suppose that makes sense.

But I do hope that the FP+ isn't tied to tickets. I hope a resort reservation is sufficient. I'll be staying on-site, but I buy my tickets from UT since I don't do the dining plans. And I've had a couple of those tickets for years now!
I'm GUESSING that maybe we can add the code of our ticket--the same numbers that can replace a list or stolen ticket--to our reservation. Just connect it the way we do a resort reservation. It will have to be on tickets because that is what we will have in the parks for FP use. Maybe, the resort reservation will give some priority to onsite guests v offsite guests, much like the 180 +10 does for ADRs. Just guessing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
OK, Disney has now extended on-line check in to 60 days. Why would we want to? Any benefits to doing it that far out?
No benefits except to check one more thing off your list. I found that once I did my room requests (which I got), I couldn't change them. I did the whole "I want my room ready when I arrive so override the room requests" thing. I got my requests and my room was NOT ready when I arrived. Lesson learned there.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: