Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
osugal
Mouseketeer

Difference b/t All Stars and Pop

Hi - I haven't stayed at either. Can someone tell me the primary differences between Pop and All Stars Sports? Is there much difference? I understand the theming is different but is there a difference in amenities, etc.? I saw that Pop is a little more so I'm assuming it is either a little nicer or offers something additional.

Thanks!
osugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

We have stayed about both. The main differances are the food court and bus. The All Star Sports, shares the bus with the other A.S resorts. Pop on the other hand has its own bus. The food court at POP is much nicer with better and more options then the food courts at A.S.

However, most people like myself will also tell you that the main differance in the resorts can not be seen. Its more of a "Felt" thing. POP has heart and that is why people (like my family) love it. You can not put a finger on it, but the resort just has that thing that sucks you in and make you want to come back for more.

Either way, have a great trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
Hi - I haven't stayed at either. Can someone tell me the primary differences between Pop and All Stars Sports? Is there much difference? I understand the theming is different but is there a difference in amenities, etc.? I saw that Pop is a little more so I'm assuming it is either a little nicer or offers something additional.

Thanks!
We have stayed at both and like both equally. There isn't to much difference big thing is theme all star music offers family suites the rest don't. Amenities are pretty much the same food court, rooms, fun pools, etc. personally I like Pop a bit more than the rest of the values but I have not stayed at AoA.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

sorry, one other thing to keep in mind with All Star Sports...It's in the name!!! As our family we found out one year during POP warner week. All Star Sports usually gets a lot of "sport Teams" going to it. Pop Warner is a great example, All Star Sports usally get filled up with all of the football teams during that time. So you can find yourself surrounded by all the sports teams, cheerleaders, bigger groups during your stay there.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

We have stayed at Pop, AsM, and ASports. Sports is our absolute favorite. It has a compact layout and a great feel. We like Movies and Pop too but Sports just stands out for us. The all-stars do share buses occasionally but never at park opening or closing. Sports is the first dropped off and picked up. Pop has a higher capacity than the individual all-stars. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at all 4 (POP, ASMu, ASMo, and ASsp) rooms are the same, theming is different, food courts for the most part offer the same, there 5 sections, the Grill, the pizza shop (also has pasta) cold foods, specialty foods (this where you will find the differences), final section is ice cream shop and sweets. I've recently read that Pop has had to share buses with AoA in the morning.
For me I prefer All Stars. We take our car sometimes to the parks or if we are eating off site or if DD19 wants to hop over to McDonalds, there's one just outside the guard gate to All Stars. Parking at All Stars is just better and closer to the rooms. Again something we prefer. Plus I like less rooms, each All Star has 1,920 Pop has 2,880.

When are you going? ASsp's food court will be closed for refurb between August to December. Supposedly the will have Motor coaches to take people to Music or Movies but it is a hassle to consider.
I'd visit Allearsnet to view menus and see pics of the rooms and resort layout.
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse View Post
sorry, one other thing to keep in mind with All Star Sports...It's in the name!!! As our family we found out one year during POP warner week. All Star Sports usually gets a lot of "sport Teams" going to it. Pop Warner is a great example, All Star Sports usally get filled up with all of the football teams during that time. So you can find yourself surrounded by all the sports teams, cheerleaders, bigger groups during your stay there.
They stay at all 3 All Stars not just Sports. When we stayed at ASMu one time they were there and we were awaken every day at 7 to cheer practice. We were in one of the Jazz bldgs. They tried putting us in Country the second room from the very end, I got the room changed. Mainly because of the Pop Warner's welcome tent, buses and such were taking up the back half of the parking lot. Ridiculous walk to the room from where we had to park the car. Once we moved the parking was very close. We use the car a lot.
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

We've stayed as AS Music and at Pop. We liked Music a lot better. It felt less crowded and the service was better overall. I will not stay at Pop again. It wasn't that it was bad, the resort and service were just not at the same level that we had experienced at Music the previous summer.

All Stars don't always share busses. When we were there often during peak times each All Star resort had it's own bus. Either way, all of the value resort busses are packed to the gills at closing time. It doesn't matter where you stay, there are times when the busses are standing room only.

Also, Pop is not exempt from loud groups. When we were at Pop there was a high school theater group who kept running through the halls at all hours and their teacher had them practicing outside, loudly, often.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I have stayed at all of them. I like them all.

The bus sharing thing is not too big of a deal and during busy times they generally do not share.

Groups come to all three of the All Stars. But in many stays (Movies 2x, Music 4x, Sports 1x) we've only had a big group once. We also had a big group at Pop back in Feb. of 2005 , so it happens there.

Pop has the lake which is nice. But its a very large resort. The All Stars are individually smaller.

I think the food courts are even.

If Sports food court is under refurb, I probably wouldn't stay there since that sounds like a nightmare!

Music and Pop are my two favorites but I enjoy them all
Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
dpswift
DIS Veteran

We also have seen large groups at POP. The biggest problems that we encountered with groups was that the food court was super crowded at times, and the buses could be extra crowded. My kids love POP. There is a nice walk around the lake and you can walk over to AoA. I stayed at the AS Movies a few years ago and it seemed nicer to me. The cast members seemed friendlier to me.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: