Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
chelseamarie14
Earning My Ears

Pop Century or All Star?

My best friend and I (ages 22 and 21) are planning a last minute trip to Disney and are booking our resort and such tonight. We can only afford the value resorts, so we are between staying at the Pop Century or an All Star resort. Any experiences you'd like to share or advice with pros and cons of each?

Thanks!
chelseamarie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
iwasthatguy
Earning My Ears

i have stayed at both and find that pop is a much nicer resort.i find the all stars look cheaper even though they are the same price
iwasthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Both are great resorts for a value. I have stayed at both and like both. I would choose the pop it is newer and has some great experiences. I suggest going to the bowling pin pool. The food court is good. Your going to enjoy your stay at both and both have very themes.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
navywifetill2002
Mouseketeer

For our upcoming stay I wanted to stay at Pop but after pricing it out it was about $150 more for our 8 night stay. I just couldn't justify that difference. $150 will buy a lot of Mickey Bars!
navywifetill2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
chelseamarie14
Earning My Ears

When I price it, it appears Pop is $40 cheaper. Not sure why! I'm leaning towards Pop but appreciate the comments! Any experience with the Disney transportation with one versus the other? I think that may be what ends up making the decision. Time is precious in Disney!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I think it just depends on what you like. Our 2 favorite values are POP and Movies. We typically choose Movies over POP because we love the nod to Disney movies. That said, POP is newer if that is something you're looking for!

AoA Little Mermaid rooms are TOTALLY awesome as well!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
DisneyParent
2013 Disney College Program Parent

I have no past experience at either but stayed at POP last Sun-Wed for a Value cost when we dropped my Daughter off for the Disney College Program and found it was quite nice for the money. We have always stayed at Moderates in the past.

We were in the 90s area and also had the Quick Service Dining Plan as well.
POR 7/11 FAM
POP 5/13 DCP Drop Off
POR 8/13 FAM
ASM 5/14 Seasonal Drop Off
DisneyParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at POP, Movies, and Music. I like POP best. dedicated busses, better theming (in my opinion), more "bright and vibrant", closer to most parks (it seems to me anyway), and a walk away from AOA so you have 2 food courts to choose from. Love the healthier food options available at AOA and POP's new menu!

that being said, the all stars are nice too! definitely more "disney" themed if that is importand.

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
chelseamarie14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I think it just depends on what you like. Our 2 favorite values are POP and Movies. We typically choose Movies over POP because we love the nod to Disney movies. That said, POP is newer if that is something you're looking for!

AoA Little Mermaid rooms are TOTALLY awesome as well!
I wish we could get an AoA Little Mermaid room, but with how late we are in the game, nothing comes up as available :/ Thanks everyone for sharing! Keep comments coming because they help!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at both and love POP! All stars are farther away and bus rides take longer to all parks except AK. They also share busses some times. POP has a great bunch of pools and a better food court and the petals bar is nice too. So if price is right I would always do POP! Have a great trip and enjoy!!!
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
revdisney33
Earning My Ears

We always stay at Pop. Great food court. Dedicated busses.....we love it.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #12
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamarie14 View Post
When I price it, it appears Pop is $40 cheaper. Not sure why! I'm leaning towards Pop but appreciate the comments! Any experience with the Disney transportation with one versus the other? I think that may be what ends up making the decision. Time is precious in Disney!

Did you price out Movies? It is more than Pop as it is very popular with families. Sports and Music are the least expensive of all the values and also they are smaller than Pop so less people and quieter. We have stayed at POP 3 times and are doing Music this summer for 11 nights. Pop was $120 more.
Pop has its own buses but with a lot more people there they are always crowded. I have read that during busy times the All Stars do not share buses.
We'll see how it goes in August.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
Did you price out Movies? It is more than Pop as it is very popular with families. Sports and Music are the least expensive of all the values and also they are smaller than Pop so less people and quieter.
All three All Stars cost the same (not counting the family suites at All Star Music.)
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #14
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
All three All Stars cost the same (not counting the family suites at All Star Music.)
They don't cost the same with the summer discount. Movies standard room is about the same cost of a All Star Music preferred. Standard room at Pop is cheaper than either the Standard room at Movies or preferred at Music. But a standard room at Music or Sports is the cheapest of all of them.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasthatguy View Post
i have stayed at both and find that pop is a much nicer resort.i find the all stars look cheaper even though they are the same price

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: