Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #376
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

I ran the Fort Vancouver 10K on March 3rd and did ok.

Next race for me is this weekend for the Seahawk 12k; really been looking forward to it but I twisted my ankle 10 days ago and it's still a bit tender. We'll see how I get on.
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Solo Trip DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Family & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~Milestones w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run & Reunion 10/13 @ POP ~ AS Sports w/Sis for Glass Slipper Challenge! 2/21-25
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #377
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23 View Post
I ran the Fort Vancouver 10K on March 3rd and did ok.

Next race for me is this weekend for the Seahawk 12k; really been looking forward to it but I twisted my ankle 10 days ago and it's still a bit tender. We'll see how I get on.
Congrats on your 10K, Alice! Bummer on the twisted ankle. for speedy healing.

Thank goodness it is finally getting warmer around here for running outside!

Nice to see you!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #378
tiki23

Got my feet wet with my 1st half at the Rock'n'Roll in Portland. Too much fun!

I had a temp of a 101º the day before the race, though, so was just glad to finish. Seattle Rock'n'Roll half up next and I'm looking to improve my time.

How is everyone's event season going?
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Solo Trip DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Family & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~Milestones w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run & Reunion 10/13 @ POP ~ AS Sports w/Sis for Glass Slipper Challenge! 2/21-25
Old 05-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #379
LEL
Earning My Ears

Personal Trainer on Ship

Has anyone ever used the services of a personal trainer while on a Disney Cruise. Can't afford to bring mine along, although she would love it. I would love to know if it is worth while. We will only be off ship for 3 days while on a 7 day cruise. Any info would be appreciated.
LEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #380
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:

I had a temp of a 101º the day before the race, though, so was just glad to finish. Seattle Rock'n'Roll half up next and I'm looking to improve my time.

Glad that you had a good time at the RnR in Portland, Alice! This has been a crazy spring weather wise for sure. Hoping for nice sunny and cool temps for you for the Seattle RnR -- it will be here before you know it!

I did the Coeur d'Alene Half Marathon this week-end. We had very nice weather but it was a bit of a slog because I was sick for three weeks at the end of April and into May. I'm happy to have finished half #5.

I'm doing a 5k on Saturday -- my first one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEL View Post
Has anyone ever used the services of a personal trainer while on a Disney Cruise. Can't afford to bring mine along, although she would love it. I would love to know if it is worth while. We will only be off ship for 3 days while on a 7 day cruise. Any info would be appreciated.
Not sure if you posted on the wrong thread but if it was me I would have my regular trainer give me a program to use while I am on the ship since it is only a week. I'm going to be gone for two weeks on a cruise soon and will do the best I can with running on deck 4 but I don't plan on doing any cross training aside from all the walking I'll be doing touring around. Good luck and have fun!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #381
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats on your half! And good luck with the Seattle Rock'n'Roll.

Congrats to you too Lisa! And enjoy that 5k.

I have been fighting piriformis syndrome and low back pain all spring (since the marathon in January).

We had already signed up for the Kentucky Derby mini-marathon (13.1) in April, so I went ahead and ran it, even though I felt undertrained. I decided to try slow and steady--only taking walk breaks at the water stops, and I had a great run. I seriously thought it might be my last half.

I am still fighting the piriformis syndrome, but all in all doing ok. I have given up the walk breaks and seem to be doing a little better. I don't know if the starting and stopping was aggravating my back or not. Who knows. At this point I am just happy to be able to run and workout.

I am signed up for the W&D. Not sure what else I will do this summer, but maybe a couple of shorter races.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #382
tiki23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I'm doing a 5k on Saturday -- my first one!
Have fun, Lisa! Oh, and it wasn't 101º in Portland for the Half...I had been 101º 'cause I was sick. Like you, I was just glad to get through it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Congrats on your half! And good luck with the Seattle Rock'n'Roll.

I am still fighting the piriformis syndrome, but all in all doing ok. I have given up the walk breaks and seem to be doing a little better. I don't know if the starting and stopping was aggravating my back or not. Who knows. At this point I am just happy to be able to run and workout.

I am signed up for the W&D. Not sure what else I will do this summer, but maybe a couple of shorter races.
Thanks, Rose! You are such a fighter; I hope you continue to improve.

Last edited by tiki23; 05-29-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #383
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Oh, Rose, your back and piri are still giving you problems? Ugh.
Congrats on your 5k, Lisa!
Hi to everyone else!

I've been on the path back to training after my knee surgery at the end of January. Took longer than I thought to get cleared for running, and I have more knee soreness than I anticipated, but I'm out there! Following the training program for Dumbo with a 1:1 run/walk. I've been doing a lot of core and PT exercises to support my training. My PT is pretty awesome - I have so many different exercises that it's not as much of a chore to do them. I pick at least 4 a day and keep mixing it up.

This spring we did a family fun run in our neighborhood (a little over a mile) and my daughter and I were registered for a local kids "marathon" (a mile) but it got rained out. Next up, I'm planning to do a local 10k on June 22nd. I've never done that distance of race before, so I'm looking forward to it!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: