Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #196
Robbi
DIS Veteran

The bracelets look like Crocs for the wrist.
Charms = Jibbitz = stylin' Disney
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #197
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

mom2rtk: Thanks for your imput on BOG. I have some older teens, and have not given enough time regarding the new princess area. I did not need to get into BOG so did not know its a hot commdity like Princesses at the castel in MK. Your comments help everyone.

Barry, my sister was traveling at the same time as yoiu,she said she got snow in paris, and the worst rain in spain. I should have told you that the 'griswalds' were going to europe. Hope that you had a good time. (the very best pizza we had was in naples italy, and they served it by the metre, and we had a blast there. omg the pizza was good.)

I really think that some of the changes coming are going to appeal to the mass population. Thats not on a whole 'us' but there is some potential there. Cant wait to see it.

Alison
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #198
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I better not tell my kids. They're feeling cheated already.

So was it almost as good as being in Epcot?
. The real France and Italy are a lot bigger! I do think that Epcot has captured the feel of Paris. I did not see much of the Epcot Italian Pavillion in San Remo. I guess I will have to go to Venice for that (except the aforementioned pizza).
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #199
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
The bracelets look like Crocs for the wrist.
Charms = Jibbitz = stylin' Disney
Sleekly designed crocs for the wrist.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #200
Elle84UGA
Earning My Ears

I've been really curious as to how this is going to work. Does anyone have any knowledge about when this technology is to be implemented in its entirety throughout the parks. I haven't found much info on it. Although we know now what our friends' groomsman was saying he couldn't talk about at their wedding a couple of years ago... It's definitely going to change a lot, and while I like everything about it so far (EXCEPT) the FP+ system, I guess my overall opinion is just going to have to wait. Hmm, we'll see!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #201
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle84UGA View Post
I've been really curious as to how this is going to work. Does anyone have any knowledge about when this technology is to be implemented in its entirety throughout the parks. I haven't found much info on it. Although we know now what our friends' groomsman was saying he couldn't talk about at their wedding a couple of years ago... It's definitely going to change a lot, and while I like everything about it so far (EXCEPT) the FP+ system, I guess my overall opinion is just going to have to wait. Hmm, we'll see!
We actually have a pretty good idea on how all the MYMagic+ stuff is going to work. The hardware is in place. Interactive queues, RFID entrances to parks and rooms, the FP+ machines are in place. We can see the app, and have seen quite a few glimpses of where that s going. All the magic bands are sitting in boxes waiting to be distributed. We know what the kiosks look like in the park.

It looks like the software and network side is not cooperating right now.

We have no idea when it will go into place, but based on press releases and the DVC magazine premature story, Disney was counting on this being in place already. So, who knows.

The FP+ component is most controversial, but the biggest area of concern there is if people can book FP+ and still use the FP system the day of. Also some people are concerned about booking rides far in advance and availability day of.

Time will tell, but I doubt there are any surprises that haven't already been explained in the interviews and the terms and conditions. It will change the way people tour Disney.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #202
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

Resurrected old thread!

I would have thought there would be a lot more testing happening right now, it is really one of the only quiet and low crowd times of the year left.

Maybe there are some big ugly bugs in the system.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #203
bcrook
DIS Veteran

need the information again.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #204
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Most curious about:

How many people a day will want to use FP+ for counter service.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #205
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Most curious about:

How many people a day will want to use FP+ for counter service.
I don't see it ever taking off. Probably a few will use it at BOG. But beyond that? Nah. The problem is that if it's busy enough to need a CS fastpass, it's busy enough that you'll need it for rides even more.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #206
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I don't see it ever taking off. Probably a few will use it at BOG. But beyond that? Nah. The problem is that if it's busy enough to need a CS fastpass, it's busy enough that you'll need it for rides even more.
What if they CS FP+ are not part of the three? Would people use them as bonus FP+? I am still not sure I would bother. I would never give one up for a ride.

But why does Disney think this is helpful? It is very prominent in the Terms and Conditions and they are making a big effort at BOG.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #207
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What if they CS FP+ are not part of the three? Would people use them as bonus FP+? I am still not sure I would bother. I would never give one up for a ride.

But why does Disney think this is helpful? It is very prominent in the Terms and Conditions and they are making a big effort at BOG.
I think it would depend on how it played out in real life. If enough people used them to slow down the regular line, I'd fuss around about it, but do it myself.

That is the unintended side effect of adding fastpass to things that didn't need it before. Once it hits a certain level of usage, it slows down the regular lines so you really don't have much choice any more.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #208
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

Fast pass +

I'm confused. They're saying 4 FP+ reservations per day. If I'm travelling with my Family of four will I be able to make the FP+ res. for all four people. Will each person be able to make them separately?
Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #209
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTSJR View Post
I'm confused. They're saying 4 FP+ reservations per day. If I'm travelling with my Family of four will I be able to make the FP+ res. for all four people. Will each person be able to make them separately?
It's back to three a day. Once you link your family together, any person can schedule for anybody, or each person can change their own agenda and reschedule.

This is all through My Disney Experience the website and app.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #210
nrgrotn
Earning My Ears

Quote:

It's back to three a day. Once you link your family together, any person can schedule for anybody, or each person can change their own agenda and reschedule.

This is all through My Disney Experience the website and app.
Actually you can get 4 fast passes for MK if you use the fast picks. You can go back afterwards and customize them if you don't like the picks they've chosen for you. Others were saying it didn't work for the other parks, just MK.
nrgrotn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: