Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #16
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We just arrived at POR tonight and received every request in our fax! Lots and lots of pixie dust! Thank you room assigner!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #17
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
We just arrived at POR tonight and received every request in our fax! Lots and lots of pixie dust! Thank you room assigner!

DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
caa1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Thumbs up

Just sent in my request! I hope I get my request fulfilled! I will update when we get there !

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Admittedly, I haven't been keeping up with the resort threads much, but are resorts now accepting fax requests again? Last I knew, with the way rooms are now assigned, faxes were being disregarded and the only way to make your request known was by calling ahead of time and having it added to your reservation. Has this changed back??
Last November, I called and added the request to my reservation AND I faxed the request directly to the hotel a few days before check in. I only requested a specific building but I got it so I will continue to call and fax for future vacations.

July 1997- Dixie Landings
November 2012- Port Orleans-French Quarter
November 2013- Coronado Springs
September 2014- Port Orleans-French Quarter
DisneyFan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

OT slightly - but -

Do you think that the earlier we get to the resort to register - the better chance we have of receiving a request?

Is the printed fax BETTER than the personal earlier registration?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #21
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Hi "Magical Mouse" aka Venonhatch

To I Love Pluto: in February I sent a FAX 5 days before our arrival. In it I reviewed the category of room we booked and explained the reason why I requested the particular row of rooms in that category (only 8 rooms in that section). I sent the FAX at 9 am and had a very nice Email back 5 minutes later telling me that my request was granted. While we don't have significant medical issues I had explained that given our ages we wished to save the major portion of our energy enjoying the parks. We did not arrive at POR until about 4 pm after flying into MCO and getting the Magical Express. Our room was just as promised and we could not have been happier.

Editing to say - oops, I don't know how to correct a typo in a heading - sorry Venomhatch.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Thanks Kathy Z. I will send my fax. I believe I have learned something today on this thread! "Speak up" through a fax!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
MikkiMom
Earning My Ears

Using a PC to fax?

Does anyone know how to send a fax using your PC if you don't have a fax machine? I thought I could do it via email but it looks like I can't do that. I use Thunderbird for email. Any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to wait until I get to work on Tues. to send our room request fax.

Thanks!
MikkiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #24
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiMom View Post
Does anyone know how to send a fax using your PC if you don't have a fax machine? I thought I could do it via email but it looks like I can't do that. I use Thunderbird for email. Any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to wait until I get to work on Tues. to send our room request fax.

Thanks!
Yes, I used the following website: gotfreefax.com. I probably used Google Chrome to contact them but I expect you could do it in Thunderbird too. I wrote my letter to be faxed as a Word document. I can't remember if my husband had to convert it to a PDF for me or if I was simply able to attach my word document to the fax request. I did run into one question as I was trying to figure out how to do it but I wrote to them and they responded within a few hours with my answer. It worked like a charm.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #25
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

Bus or boat to DTD

First week of Sept we have an ADR at 1:30 at the rainforest cafe. We plan on first late morning swimming. I have heard the DTD buses are few to come by and slow??? We would prefer the boat. which is faster?? How much time to give for travel time??
mousefan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #26
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

Damn. Wrong thread. How to move?
mousefan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #27
Spencerfamily
Mouseketeer

This is really helpful- thank you. Anyone had any joy with requests over busy holidays? We're staying at POFQ between Christmas and new year and really wanted at least garden view but our TA here in UK said only standard was available when we booked a year out (I think that's because it's just what THEY had from their pre bookings- could that be right?).
Anyway, just wondered chances of a tiny sprinkling of pixie dust during holiday seasons from the experience of others? 🎄
Spencerfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #28
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerfamily View Post
This is really helpful- thank you. Anyone had any joy with requests over busy holidays? We're staying at POFQ between Christmas and new year and really wanted at least garden view but our TA here in UK said only standard was available when we booked a year out (I think that's because it's just what THEY had from their pre bookings- could that be right?).
Anyway, just wondered chances of a tiny sprinkling of pixie dust during holiday seasons from the experience of others? ��
Photo here from the balcony of my standard room in building 4 at POFQ which as you can see gives a really nice "garden" view without paying any extra for it.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2292

I booked via WDW who asked if I had a building request so I said building 4 mainly to be near to food court and bus stop. Having studied the maps on Andre's website I reckoned there was going to be enough greenery between the standard rooms and the parking lot in building 4 and it was even nicer than I expected but still a short walk through to the bus stop.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Ok so I did my fax yesterday via a free fax dot com site and received an email confirmation from the fax site. I am now wondering if I should be looking out for an email from POR confirming they receiving the fax? I had seen previous posts stating they received an email from POR so now Im nervous they didn't receive it. I am also nervous about sending it again and they think Im crazy for all the faxes! Is everyone receiving emails from POR?

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POFQ *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Sorry everyone I have been held up but got free tonight. Hey KathyZ Yeah I earned that Magic Mouse title, Lol.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: