Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #106
MrGLWatson
Gary from the UK

We're arriving in Barcelona a few days before the cruise and DCL have booked us into the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, anyone else staying there?

1983 - Polynesian Resort
2005 - Calabay Parc
2007 - Bahama Bay
2009 - iDrive Hotel
2010 - DCL - Dover to Barcelona (8 night)
2011- DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2013 - DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2014 - DCL Med Cruise (12 night)
2015 - DCL Alaska Cruise (2 x 7 night)
MrGLWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #107
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Toontagtrolleydollie if you are on Facebook there is a great group called Everything Fish Extender..... It has some amazing ideas on there!! We are staying in Barcelona a few days before the trip but we are staying in an apartment as there are 5 of us.
liberty6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #108
jadzhea
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone
Just found this forum, been posting on CC but no one is posting on the roll call there!!

I'm going with my aunty, daughter and her friend...
Anyone interested in sharing tours with bobs limos for Rome and Pompeii??
jadzhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #109
MrGLWatson
Gary from the UK

Port Excursions

If you are a silver castaway, you can now book excursions - I've just booked mine.

1983 - Polynesian Resort
2005 - Calabay Parc
2007 - Bahama Bay
2009 - iDrive Hotel
2010 - DCL - Dover to Barcelona (8 night)
2011- DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2013 - DCL Med Cruise (7 night)
2014 - DCL Med Cruise (12 night)
2015 - DCL Alaska Cruise (2 x 7 night)
MrGLWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #110
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGLWatson View Post
If you are a silver castaway, you can now book excursions - I've just booked mine.
Hi Gary! Just booked mine too!!

What have you gone for? - I've booked the Value Monaco/Nice day and also the Rome on your own day.

Am thinking about the Capri day - but its $688 for the four of us and seems very expensive I'm normally fine with DIY but with needing to be back at the ship for a certain time and having the two boys in tow, i'm getting nervous in my old age!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #111
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Rats!! I meant to do that tonight! Maybe tomorrow...
Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #112
pandanasbearz
Earning My Ears

I just want to say....ITS SUMMER!!! (well for me anyways) done with exams!!
Can't wait for the cruise!

Sunny
pandanasbearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #113
Fifitrixabellee
Earning My Ears

Fe

Hi I'm new here. We are on the Magic too on the 24th, Is it too late to join the FE?

I've been on a few Disney cruises but never done the FEs and would love to.

We did the Med cruise in 2011.
I saw a few questions in the thread. Hope it's ok to offer my answers.

We used the train going from the airport to the city, it's very cheap especially if you buy 10 tickets. They can be transferred within your family I think it was about €8 for 10. The train doesn't go to he port though and it's a long walk. I would recommend a taxi. Taxi from airport was € 60 for 4 of us and luggage right to the port.

We usually book BA from the UK it ends up cheaper once you've added on your luggage. We paid £130 last time sadly not so good this year £200.

We toured the ports on our own and saved a fortune. The trains are really good and much cheaper than the excursions although I do understand people's concern especially if your travelling with children. My boys are young men so we didn't have that worry. The one exception I would say was Naples. I would never go there again on my own, too scary. You can however get a taxi in the port direct to Pompeii for around €90 I think?

Sorry for the long post I always have lots to say
Fifitrixabellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #114
Torontogal
Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member

Hi all,

We just booked too and so excited! Flying in from Toronto a few days earlier. Going to rent a car and drive around Spain/France before embarking. Just bought a Lonely Planet guide for Italy and researching like crazy now. Woo! Hoo!

Oh can someone explain the FE thing please? Clueless..
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #115
HakunaMatata15
Earning My Ears

Hi all,
Just found this thread.
Can we join the FE list?
We are: Marie and Bob, and kids Julia (11) and Ryan (9).
We are from Pennsylvania, but are now living in the UK for a few years. Can't wait for this cruise!
-Marie
HakunaMatata15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #116
liberty6201
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

Been in hospital on and off the last few weeks, had surgery Wednesday but am now out. I will update FE list as soon as I can, don't forget to let me know names and ages of people in your cabin xxx
Nikki
Xxx
Old 06-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #117
Fifitrixabellee
Earning My Ears

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for organising the Fe. Ive never done one before so not too sure about exactly how it works. We are travelling in 2 cabins me (Fiona) and my partner (Paul) in one and our boys are in another cabin, do they take part? Or is it just me and Paul? I'm sure they won't mind either way. They are Ryan 20, Callum will be 18 during the cruise and Thomas 17. We are all from the UK
If someone could tell me a little more about how it works I'd be grateful. Do you give 1 gift per cabin or a separate one or each person or several?
Btw I'm super excited to be in.

I hope you have a speedy recovery Nikki and get lots of rest.

Fiona
Fifitrixabellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #118
HakunaMatata15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontogal View Post
Hi all,

We just booked too and so excited! Flying in from Toronto a few days earlier. Going to rent a car and drive around Spain/France before embarking. Just bought a Lonely Planet guide for Italy and researching like crazy now. Woo! Hoo!

Oh can someone explain the FE thing please? Clueless..

I've done it before, so I'll give it a try explaining:
FE stands for "Fish Extender" - there is a small metal fish mounted on the wall outside your cabin. People hang some kind of pocket to it to hold gifts. Those on the list make/buy a small gift to put in the pocket for the other participants. If you Google 'fish extenders', you'll get a better explanation and some good ideas. Ideas are endless - photo frames, night lights, postcards, candy, photo books, pens, pencils, magnets, cups, toys, and so much more - often something personal from the giver's area of origin, or something specifically directed at the children in the cabin. My kids really enjoy it, no matter what gifts (and no matter how small) we get (candy is usually a big hit). It is also great exercise to walk all over the ship finding each cabin on the list to put a gift in their FE.
The organizer - in this case Nikki - will collect the names of all of the participants (ages and genders) and cabin numbers to make a list for all those who participate.
Big thanks to Nikki for organizing - and hope you heal quickly!!
HakunaMatata15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #119
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

FE Gifts

There is a huge thread on gifts that people have made:-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....light=extender

I agree with the pp - any gift is gratefully accepted. Some people give gifts per stateroom, others per occupants per stateroom. It is always great to come back and find a gift.

Some of the gifts on the thread above are a little overwhelming - especially as i am the most unartistic person ever, but if you have the skills and the time!

Lorraine
DCL 14 Day CA to FL Relocation Cruise Aug 2005; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2007
NCL 12 Day Hawaiian Cruise April 2008; DCL 11 Day Mediterranean Cruise August 2010
DCL 14 Day WBTA Sept 2010; DCL 8 Day New York Cruise July 2012; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2014
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #120
jmd100578
Earning My Ears

Just realised I needed to make a decision over FE participation and get my bum into gear!!

It's Jessica (me) 35
Mary 61
Mia-Mai 7

Don't have our room no yet - guess that's what you get for booking cheapest category!! lol
jmd100578 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: