Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #136
TheWescotts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I would be totally shocked it they didn't do Trick or Treat.

What is everyone going to dress up like?

We are still trying to decide...Any ideas for a family theme that includes two daughters? We tried to talking them into Tangled, I would be Flynn, DW would be the Mother Gothel, DD 1 would be Rapunzel, and DD 2 Pascal...but DD 2 doesn't want to do that.
TheWescotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #137
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

Coming out of Seattle we found the only way to get a direct flight was to fly into Fort Lauderdale. Any body have any shuttle suggestions to Miami.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #138
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

We were able to get a flight into Miami but I was looking at FLL at first. I saw that SAS transport got a lot of positive reviews.

We are flying in on the 26th and are staying at the comfort suites miami airport north. Does anybody have any suggestions for dinner that wouldn't be to far?
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #139
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWescotts View Post

Is that the salsa and salsa?
No it was the other one.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #140
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

We are flying into Orlando the Thursday before, spending a few days there then heading to Ft Myers to see family and leaving from Miami the day the cruise ends. We're staying at Animal Kingdom (DVC) and doing all sorts of stuff that isn't parks (this will be a first for us). We're hoping to do the Cirque show, mini golf, etc.

No clue on what the Halloween costumes will be for us.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
Old 05-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #141
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWescotts View Post
Dizzi,

The main benefit, that I see with booking with a TA

All the info was interesting, but I really meant, what are the benefits of being a TA.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #142
starlightprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
What is everyone going to dress up like?
A few ideas are being thrown around for costumes in our house. Well at the moment Brave is a HUGE favorite in our house so my niece wants to dress as Merida and wants me to dress as queen Elinor. But shes 4 so changes her mind like the weather lol Before that she wanted to be Buzz, Maylee to be Jessie, Kate to be Bo Peep and me to be Woody. So were still planning costumes.

Can't wait to hear what everybody else is thinking x
Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #143
TheWescotts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
All the info was interesting, but I really meant, what are the benefits of being a TA.
Ahhhh, there are lots actually. The biggest (and best ones) are the travel agent appreciation program. You need to be actively booking, and complete the Disney Knowledge Online courses.

I get discounted park tickets for myself, and depending on dates can get a huge discount on WDW resort rooms. BUT the best is TA appreciation cruise prices. You need to be able to be flexible, and travel on short notice, but the best I have ever gotten was an e-mail in mid Nov. offering $25 a night per person in the stateroom (and I had to be in it) for a 4 night cruise the week after thanksgiving.
TheWescotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #144
starlightprincess
Earning My Ears

The closer the cruise gets the more nervous I get LOL Is anybody doing brunch or dinner at Palo? I'm hoping we can get a reservation once they are open for booking for brunch I've seen pictures and it looks fabulous

Also I'm wondering does anybody know if Disney makes an exception and allows you to bring food aboard for special requirements? I know they will try and meet your needs with the food aboard the ship but my aunt is thinking of booking on this cruise and her son has an eating disorder that has to do with types of food.
He requires certain types of food (for example hes brand specific for ketchup. You can give him any ketchup and assure him its the brand but once he tastes it leads to a major melt down when he gets extremely distressed and shuts down that ends in him throwing up or fainting) I know it sounds like picky eating, that's what I thought too until he was diagnosed but it really is a serious problem. She would like to bring a few food things aboard like ketchup, butter, cookies just things hes brand specific with. Does anybody know if this is possible? x
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #145
nikicares
Creating Memories of a Lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightprincess View Post
The closer the cruise gets the more nervous I get LOL Is anybody doing brunch or dinner at Palo? I'm hoping we can get a reservation once they are open for booking for brunch I've seen pictures and it looks fabulous

Also I'm wondering does anybody know if Disney makes an exception and allows you to bring food aboard for special requirements? I know they will try and meet your needs with the food aboard the ship but my aunt is thinking of booking on this cruise and her son has an eating disorder that has to do with types of food.
He requires certain types of food (for example hes brand specific for ketchup. You can give him any ketchup and assure him its the brand but once he tastes it leads to a major melt down when he gets extremely distressed and shuts down that ends in him throwing up or fainting) I know it sounds like picky eating, that's what I thought too until he was diagnosed but it really is a serious problem. She would like to bring a few food things aboard like ketchup, butter, cookies just things hes brand specific with. Does anybody know if this is possible? x
We are going to be doing the Palo Brunch Love it! Either brunch or dinner, you can't go wrong - Palo is amazing experience!

And just give Disney a call or your TA that you booked with they will make a note on your reservation about special requests and explain the situation and they will be able to tell you more. But from past experience I believe she can take anything on that she can put in her carry on to explain should she need to, and they will be fine.

2000- Grand Floridian
2001- Polynesian
2002- Grand Floridian
2004 - Disney Wonder
2005 - Disney Wonder
2008 - Disney Magic
1/2011 - Disney Dream Maiden Voyage
9/2011 - Disney Dream
4/2012 - Disney Fantasy
8/2012 - Grand Floridian
9/2012 - Disney Dream
9/2013 - Disney Dream
nikicares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #146
starlightprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikicares View Post
We are going to be doing the Palo Brunch Love it! Either brunch or dinner, you can't go wrong - Palo is amazing experience!

And just give Disney a call or your TA that you booked with they will make a note on your reservation about special requests and explain the situation and they will be able to tell you more. But from past experience I believe she can take anything on that she can put in her carry on to explain should she need to, and they will be fine.
LOL I think they're gonna kick me off the cruise I've contacted them about so many questions. But they have been more than helpful

What excursions is everybody booking? I think were only going to do the stingray at CC and book our Cozumel excursions ourselves but have really been reading mixed reviews about the place we were going to book in Cozumel Nachi Coom. Does anybody have any suggestions for excursions in Cozumel (we have two 5 year olds with us) x
Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #147
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightprincess View Post

This is our first platinum cruise (well, my husband's first platinum, my last gold cruise)...we'll be doing either brunch or dinner at Palo--both are wonderful!

You are allowed to bring on food that is prepackaged (no fruits) and that does not need to be heated. I'm guessing, it would be okay to bring some ketchup packets on board, and cookies are fine--the packages cannot be opened.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #148
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Not sure what excursions we're going to do yet.

My husband fell in love with fishing at Castaway in April, so he had to do it in May. I have a feeling that he will want to do it again.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #149
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

For the folks wondering what kind of Halloween activities occur, DW & I sailed on the Wonder over Halloween a few years back. Here's a few things they did:

- Costume contest for adults and for kids. Be aware that some adult costumes toed the line of decency, depending on your view of such things (think piratesses and wenches).
- Trick or treat for the kids - it was just a couple tables set up outside different venues.
- Characters in costumes.
- Carved pumpkins in the dining rooms.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #150
starlightprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
For the folks wondering what kind of Halloween activities occur, DW & I sailed on the Wonder over Halloween a few years back. Here's a few things they did:

- Costume contest for adults and for kids. Be aware that some adult costumes toed the line of decency, depending on your view of such things (think piratesses and wenches).
- Trick or treat for the kids - it was just a couple tables set up outside different venues.
- Characters in costumes.
- Carved pumpkins in the dining rooms.
That sounds awesome! I really can't wait

Well in looking for excursions we decided to go a totally different route for Cozumel. Instead of doing an excursion we are going to visit a Children's Home Ciudad de Angeles ( http://ciudaddeangeles.org/ ) on the island and use the money we would have spent on the excursion to buy supplies that the home are in most need of. If anybody else would like to bring donations/come with us they would be more than welcome x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: