Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #61
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney
We stayed in LM rooms last year regrettably we did not look at the suites while we were there. My question is with my myself two daughters one being an infant and my mother in law do u think we will have enough room? Trying to decide between two standard rooms there or at a moderate or renting points at dvc and get a 1 bedroom with two baths. Thanks
Just 2 adults and 2 children? Should be enough room.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #62
rachallyy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 48

Yes a AOA suite would be plenty of room. One adult on main bed and one on couch bed, the baby with one of the adults, two girls on the Murphy pull down bed. My two boys 8&6 are sleeping on it together since we've been here
rachallyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #63
rachallyy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 48

We've eaten at Landscapes a few times now, pizza is pretty good ( only did kid size), the burger your way was good, husband didnt care much for the steak dish.

The refillable mug was worth it, didnt do it for the kids though as they are mostly milk drinkers.

I did not realize the value resorts had spending limits of $500 that could be charged to the room... Until I attempted to buy some food only to have it declined. Luckily they can call the front desk to approve it and I went this morning to pay on our bill. If I had known this I would have brought more cash... We are not on the DP

Folks here have been really helpful, I would love to stay here again....
rachallyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #64
rymahoney
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Just 2 adults and 2 children? Should be enough room.
It's 3 adults 1 child 1 infant
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #65
AliceandAriel
part of your world!
 
AliceandAriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 914

I'm sure this will sound incredibly lame, but if anyone is going to know things about Disney and AoA LM room, this board will.

I keep getting emails for codes to discount the family suites like LK and Cars. Has anyone ever gotten/read/seen a discount on the LM room, even if only 10%? Or is this one of those wild dreams that will never come true?
__________________


[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #66
hglenn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
I'm sure this will sound incredibly lame, but if anyone is going to know things about Disney and AoA LM room, this board will.

I keep getting emails for codes to discount the family suites like LK and Cars. Has anyone ever gotten/read/seen a discount on the LM room, even if only 10%? Or is this one of those wild dreams that will never come true?
There is a 15% room only discount available for Aug-Sept for the family suites. But it can't be combined with other offers like FD.
hglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #67
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 227

Checking out of LM into a suite?

Hi - we are staying 4 nights in a LM room and then 2 in a suite. I did on line check in for the LM room, but did not for the suite.

My question is, will they let us stay in the LM room until we can actually get into the suite? We plan on staying at the resort the day of the switch with going to MK later in the day. Thinking maybe I can go check us into the suite early (is it 6am when I can do this?)... Then hoping they can text when the room is ready? I'm really not sure how it's going to work.
__________________
Carla
mmtwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #68
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,767
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
I'm sure this will sound incredibly lame, but if anyone is going to know things about Disney and AoA LM room, this board will.

I keep getting emails for codes to discount the family suites like LK and Cars. Has anyone ever gotten/read/seen a discount on the LM room, even if only 10%? Or is this one of those wild dreams that will never come true?
Discounts, of any type, are few and far between for a LM room. Disney doesn't need to offer discounts there because so many people want to stay there. Discounts are offered in order to fill empty rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi - we are staying 4 nights in a LM room and then 2 in a suite. I did on line check in for the LM room, but did not for the suite.

My question is, will they let us stay in the LM room until we can actually get into the suite? We plan on staying at the resort the day of the switch with going to MK later in the day. Thinking maybe I can go check us into the suite early (is it 6am when I can do this?)... Then hoping they can text when the room is ready? I'm really not sure how it's going to work.
Maybe. Yes, to early and get checked in for the family suite. It may actually be ready then. You could ask for a late checkout of the LM room, but it might cost you a bit extra depending on how long you are there.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #69
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

Maybe. Yes, to early and get checked in for the family suite. It may actually be ready then. You could ask for a late checkout of the LM room, but it might cost you a bit extra depending on how long you are there.
Thanks! So... Can we technically have both rooms at the same time? It would be great if I could get the suite key and still have the LM room to make the switch simple. I also was thinking the suite will probably be ready whenever I check in.
__________________
Carla
mmtwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #70
eeudj
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 182

Staples order? I read in an earlier post someone had a Staples order waiting for them.. I assume this was with drinks and snacks? Are they less expensive than Garden Grocers?
eeudj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #71
Mousemom
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 920

Moved from Movies to LM at Art of Animation. We did get a discount with the AAA discount. It was $40.00 more to stay at Art of Animation than Movies. We are thinking that since we are only staying 3 nights we will be able to decide if we like this resort and the walks to the food court, main pool, and gift shop. We usually get preferred rooms at all other values we stay at, we like to eat at the food court and seem to use our mugs more with a shorter walk to/from our room. I am excited to try this resort though. We toured it last September when we visited Pop and loved the layout, pool, and food court (we ate breakfast and dinner there). Does anyone know about mugs? Have they changed. We have three sets of the disign with characters at the pool. Love this design but would like something different to add to our collection.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #72
bluezy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachallyy View Post
We've eaten at Landscapes a few times now, pizza is pretty good ( only did kid size), the burger your way was good, husband didnt care much for the steak dish.

The refillable mug was worth it, didnt do it for the kids though as they are mostly milk drinkers.

I did not realize the value resorts had spending limits of $500 that could be charged to the room... Until I attempted to buy some food only to have it declined. Luckily they can call the front desk to approve it and I went this morning to pay on our bill. If I had known this I would have brought more cash... We are not on the DP

Folks here have been really helpful, I would love to stay here again....
Just stop at the front desk every few days to have them put through all of the current charges to your credit card, then you'll have a new $500 limit. I wish it was a higher limit, too. We have the same issue when we stay at a Value. We rarely do the dining plan and with a family of 7, the charges to our KTTW card add up quickly. I just try to keep a running tab in my head (not to the penny, just a general amount) and stop at the front desk every few days to authorize a charge to the credit card. I usually keep a credit card with me at all times anyway but prefer to charge everything to the room while we're there so we can get a detailed printout of all of our charges while we're still on property so that if there's a discrepancy we can address it before we leave.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #73
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemom View Post
Does anyone know about mugs? Have they changed. We have three sets of the disign with characters at the pool. Love this design but would like something different to add to our collection.
The pool scene mugs are still being sold/used currently.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #74
albrst
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42

We leave in three weeks for a 6 day stay. We are staying in a LK family suite. I have four kids ages 6, 7, 11 and 14. My kids are already fighting over who gets what bed. LOL...

I cannot wait! This is my kids's first trip to Disney!
albrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #75
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer
 
DianaPrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by albrst
We leave in three weeks for a 6 day stay. We are staying in a LK family suite. I have four kids ages 6, 7, 11 and 14. My kids are already fighting over who gets what bed. LOL...

I cannot wait! This is my kids's first trip to Disney!
Lol,my boys did that too over the table bed. They ended up alternating though. Have fun!
__________________
Proud Disney Bride- @ Sunset Pointe 11/22/02

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
DianaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: