Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #436
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamlur View Post
I have been following along, happily and silently. But, having been schooled rigorously by my Scottish friends, if you had Glencairn Whisky, there is no "e"in it.

Fun report!
Welcome! I'm glad you came out of lurkdom! I'm really not sure if it was even that brand of Whisky. I zoomed in on my picture of the bottles and made my best guess on what the label said. I'm glad you finally spoke up, we're almost done here!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #437
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a perfect day to me. Dark, white and milk chocolate are all the same to me....yum, yum and yum! Loved the look of the mixology class too. If you suffer from seasickness and you have a little bit too much to drink, do you think the seasickness would be worse or balance it out?!!?

Congratulations on booking your next cruise! Which classes do you feel you missed out on this time? Any you would do/not do again?

I'm really curious about your band. Genre? Instruments? Number of band members? How awesome is it that you'll get the opportunity to meet/play with similar bands from around the world. Sign me up for that TR!

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #438
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm going to find some chocolate as soon as I finish typing this.....actually I'm not. I need to get something to clean my screen. That chocolate tasting is just AMAZING! Glad that Fran managed to crash in and enjoy as well.

Good job on booking another cruise.

The cocktails look great. Pity about the Dis Filter. And I'm deliberately typing asterisks here. *** ***

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #439
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm here I'm here! First time on the Dis today, it's been a doozy. I'm just surprised you have so much time between now and the next cruise. And when you commented that you look forward to a longer cruise so you could go to Palo more I was hoping you'd be joining me on the transatlantic. I'm glad you were able to find one that works with your schedule the band meet sounds like great fun! How long will you be away from the kitties?

I'm glad Fran was able to get in to the chocolate tasting.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #440
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'm here too. Think it's just a slow DIS day. I updated too today and hear crickets.

Woo hoo on your cruise! You've got an amazing Fall planned that's for sure. So you're doing WDW then going back to cruise, is that right? I'm glad you are able to really travel and plan again.

What excursions have you got your eyes on?

The chocolate tasting looks killer. That with the booze would have me in a sugar coms for sure. Michael is the chocolate fan- maybe that coupled with Palo coupled with kids having their own space will talk him into a Disney Cruise?

I still can't believe that's not butter.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #441
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Welcome! I'm glad you came out of lurkdom! I'm really not sure if it was even that brand of Whisky. I zoomed in on my picture of the bottles and made my best guess on what the label said. I'm glad you finally spoke up, we're almost done here!
Jumping in because I sent the link to dh and he recognizes the bottle as Glenmorangie. He heartily approves . I'm just in silent awe that you did both that and the mixology on the same day! If I tried that, I wouldn't even remember being on a cruise . But just in case, I'm bumping up the tastings budget for our next cruise
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #442
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Sounds like a perfect day to me. Dark, white and milk chocolate are all the same to me....yum, yum and yum! Loved the look of the mixology class too. If you suffer from seasickness and you have a little bit too much to drink, do you think the seasickness would be worse or balance it out?!!?

Congratulations on booking your next cruise! Which classes do you feel you missed out on this time? Any you would do/not do again?

I'm really curious about your band. Genre? Instruments? Number of band members? How awesome is it that you'll get the opportunity to meet/play with similar bands from around the world. Sign me up for that TR!
I find that I don't notice the ship rocking as much once I've had a few beverages.

I was happy with all the classes. I didn't like the wine tastings so much on the last cruise. I already know what wines I like and don't, so I don't need to taste what someone else thinks is a good set of wines. I'd do all of these again!

This is our band.

I don't have any pictures of the massed band easily accessible. I know I have them somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm going to find some chocolate as soon as I finish typing this.....actually I'm not. I need to get something to clean my screen. That chocolate tasting is just AMAZING! Glad that Fran managed to crash in and enjoy as well.

Good job on booking another cruise.

The cocktails look great. Pity about the Dis Filter. And I'm deliberately typing asterisks here. *** ***
The chocolate was wonderful! I would do that again in a heartbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm here I'm here! First time on the Dis today, it's been a doozy. I'm just surprised you have so much time between now and the next cruise. And when you commented that you look forward to a longer cruise so you could go to Palo more I was hoping you'd be joining me on the transatlantic. I'm glad you were able to find one that works with your schedule the band meet sounds like great fun! How long will you be away from the kitties?

I'm glad Fran was able to get in to the chocolate tasting.
At the time we thought we were going to F&G next year in March, now we're going to Monument Valley, I want to fit in Aulani, so Fall was the next time we could go to the East Coast.

Hopefully we can book the Panama Canal for 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm here too. Think it's just a slow DIS day. I updated too today and hear crickets.

Woo hoo on your cruise! You've got an amazing Fall planned that's for sure. So you're doing WDW then going back to cruise, is that right? I'm glad you are able to really travel and plan again.

What excursions have you got your eyes on?

The chocolate tasting looks killer. That with the booze would have me in a sugar coms for sure. Michael is the chocolate fan- maybe that coupled with Palo coupled with kids having their own space will talk him into a Disney Cruise?

I still can't believe that's not butter.
It's the following Fall for the cruise, 2014. We want to do the ones that we didn't get to do this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
Jumping in because I sent the link to dh and he recognizes the bottle as Glenmorangie. He heartily approves . I'm just in silent awe that you did both that and the mixology on the same day! If I tried that, I wouldn't even remember being on a cruise . But just in case, I'm bumping up the tastings budget for our next cruise
Thanks! I could only read the word "Glen" on the bottle so I took my best guess as to the brand. Well in the next update, you might not be quite so in awe!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #443
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh wow, the chocolate tasting looks awesome!

I've never seen a review of this before so thanks for sharing
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #444
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I need new glasses. I am trying to see your instruments but cannot quite see, what do you play, sax? and oboe?

Great report. Thanks!

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #445
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh wow, the chocolate tasting looks awesome!

I've never seen a review of this before so thanks for sharing
They said that the chocolate tasting was new, so there probably have not been a lot of posts about it yet. I would definitely do that one again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I need new glasses. I am trying to see your instruments but cannot quite see, what do you play, sax? and oboe?

Great report. Thanks!

Kate
Does this help? I didn't just want to post gratuitous shots of myself, but since you asked.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #446
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Beautiful! Thank you! How long have you been playing professionally? I am envious.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #447
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Beautiful! Thank you! How long have you been playing professionally? I am envious.

Kate
Actually, while these look like professional venues, it is strictly a Community Band. I did get my degree in saxophone performance, and played my share of professional gigs. But now I do it just for fun. In fact if you had any idea how much money we PAY to keep this silly band going. It would be astonishing!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #448
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

The update was wonderful and you two look so relaxed and happy.

So did you pick a cruise yet?

You can always change it, we have been known to pick one and then change it once we get home.

Palo looked amazing as always and I love the mixology class.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #449
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
The update was wonderful and you two look so relaxed and happy.

So did you pick a cruise yet?

You can always change it, we have been known to pick one and then change it once we get home.

Palo looked amazing as always and I love the mixology class.
I guess you missed the one that we picked in the updates. Did we choose it!

Fran was talking about one of our 2015 trip saying we could add a 3 day cruise on there. They don't have a day at sea on three day cruises and so no brunch at Palo! I want a brunch at Palo on my cruise!

Old 05-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #450
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your band photos. Great effort keeping the community band going.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: